8/21/07 #809: What was my mom like? Gotch'ya

Started by Madd the Sane, August 21, 2007, 11:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

Well,  What was his mom like at SAIA?  Any thoughts?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Same as she ever was, same as she ever was..."

I note they've managed to pull all the weeds out...

... And everything else, as well. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Grenn

Abel just looks so fuzzy there!

*HUG!*

Edit: Fuzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! *had to for some reason.... :D*

Madmann135

It is said that Timing is everything.  I think Dan has proved that to a T.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Indilee

Abel's gonna have a fear of watermelons by the end of this... XD

e_voyager

Some how i don't think this was a cleaver  trick on Dan's part. chances are he just has the oddest sense of timing and was trying to relax himself enough to ask.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Is there anyone who does think it was a clever trick on Dan's part? :erk
I certainly think not.

Aleolus

Wow.  Just... wow.  I never thought Dan was smart enough to pull a stunt like that.

Did he pull Abel down, or did Abel trip?  It's probably obvious, but I'm not sure.

nikename2

No clearly Abel did it to himself to try and hide from Dan's said question, like an Emu and/or Ostrich sticking its head into the ground or something.  :U

......He clearly fell because he was somewhat embarassed. Notice the small yerk in the second panel, the yerk also could have been an anime sweat drop like in this small example: :animesweat

He was.....COMPELLED to fall.  :mwaha

Edit:It's like an unspoken rule that you fall down when your embarassed or something, I saw it in anime once.  ;)

Hellcat

abel's hair looks different

maybe his design is changing

Manawolf

Or the fact it's probably filled with sticky watermelon juice.

superluser

I'm trying to figure out how Abel wound up facing away from Dan.

Actually, I'm too busy laughing to care about that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Feroluce

Quote from: Indilee on August 21, 2007, 11:44:43 PM
Abel's gonna have a fear of watermelons by the end of this... XD

He probably already is feeling kinda nauseous, what with his fear of blood and all ^^;

superluser

Quote from: Feroluce on August 22, 2007, 02:45:37 AMHe probably already is feeling kinda nauseous, what with his fear of blood and all ^^;

I don't think so.  I'm sure that Abel can tell the difference between watermelon juice and blood.  Remember, the only reason that he reacted to the paint was because he didn't know what it was and his body got confused.  He knows quite well what this stuff is.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

besides, the paint is red, the watermelon is not.

Illusionist

On the other hand, he may have a phobia of pink now.

Turnsky

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on August 22, 2007, 03:16:54 AM
besides, the paint is red, the watermelon is not.

just be thankful it wasn't beetroot. those things are RED

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 22, 2007, 12:19:49 AM
I certainly think not.
As far as I'm aware, Dan shouldn't know they've met.  If he's deduced that they knew each other above and beyond the usual student-teacher relationship simply from one judo throw, that's far cleverer than simply asking a weird question to stall someone, although I think he has done that in the past too.

I seem to recall that SAIA is pretty big, and unless the pain-and-terror course is mandatory (does Dan know what she taught, even?) it's not guaranteed that they will ever have met.

Perhaps I'm overanalysing here, but I see two possibilities which no-one has yet suggested: (a) Dan engineered the entire watermelon attack to put Abel off-guard for the express purpose of asking that question (recall Riddle asking Slughorn in Harry Potter) or (b) His incubus attention-span - or lack thereof - just kicked in.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2007, 04:14:28 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 22, 2007, 12:19:49 AM
I certainly think not.
As far as I'm aware, Dan shouldn't know they've met.  If he's deduced that they knew each other above and beyond the usual student-teacher relationship simply from one judo throw, that's far cleverer than simply asking a weird question to stall someone, although I think he has done that in the past too.

I seem to recall that SAIA is pretty big, and unless the pain-and-terror course is mandatory (does Dan know what she taught, even?) it's not guaranteed that they will ever have met.

Perhaps I'm overanalysing here, but I see two possibilities which no-one has yet suggested: (a) Dan engineered the entire watermelon attack to put Abel off-guard for the express purpose of asking that question (recall Riddle asking Slughorn in Harry Potter) or (b) His incubus attention-span - or lack thereof - just kicked in.
I go with (b) dear sir..

Madmann135

Dan's always had a short attention span (which makes one wonder how he survived this long as an adventurer, maybe he got confused as a fae), so cubi short attention span is nothing new to him.

Dan found out about his mom being a teacher in the academy long ago, remember when Aaryanna told them about her time in the academy and her hunt for Destania's killer
What surprises me is that Dan remembered that for this long.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 22, 2007, 07:17:28 AM
Dan found out about his mom being a teacher in the academy long ago, remember when Aaryanna told them about her time in the academy and her hunt for Destania's killer? 
What surprises me is that Dan remembered that for this long.
Yes, he'd know that their time at SAIA overlapped, and he knows that she was a teacher.  I do not think he knows what subject she taught.
Indeed, since his mother's actions at the Academy and immediately afterwards (preparing to eat Ed's soul, for example) basically represent everything he hates about 'Cubi, discovering that she ran the pain and terror department would have driven him into some kind of anti-'Cubi hysterical fit.

Abel has already told him that 'Cubi a generally given different modules depending on the kind of emotions they're most keyed to, and since Abel isn't showing any signs of being a pain and terror freak, there isn't much reason to assume she'd taught him.

His question wasn't "Did you know my mother at SAIA?", it was "What was she like?"

*EDIT*

I bet Alexsi told him.

Sid

Tape, if we let you ponder this for a few more hours, I'm sure Amber will be thankful for you auto-fixing any potential plothole. :P

I'll go with a poorly phrased, but innocent question on Dan's part, triggered by his short attention span. Or something along those lines.
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, come on, Sid. You're ruining the fun ;-]

Stop interfering with the supposition

Saist

* je.saist notes that THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES and summons the Spirit of Dave to seal all plotholes at once!

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 22, 2007, 08:17:45 AM
Oh, come on, Sid. You're ruining the fun ;-]

Stop interfering with the supposition

Well, I'm already done.  Alexsi found out about it in 713, and I bet she mentioned it to Dan.  He would have wanted to know how his mother was getting on, and although Alexsi treats Dan like garbage for the most part, I don't believe she'd be cold enough not to tell him, especially when she wanted to know how Dan was doing.  Mentioning that she taught Abel is the logical next step.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2007, 11:13:38 PM
Once in a lifetime, Talking Heads.  (What?  I miss the lyrics game...)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2007, 08:25:59 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 21, 2007, 11:13:38 PM
Once in a lifetime, Talking Heads.  (What?  I miss the lyrics game...)

Paraphrased, but yes. If you're missing it that much, start it up again. :-P

Sid

Quote from: je.saist on August 22, 2007, 08:21:14 AM
* je.saist notes that THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES and summons the Spirit of Dave to seal all plotholes at once!

...unless I mis-get your reference, the logical consequence would be to send Dan back in time... *shudders*
:boogie