08/15/07 [#807] Scene Change

Started by Indilee, August 14, 2007, 11:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indilee

I don't know who to feel sorry for - Abel for the impending doom or Dan after Abel comes after him...

techmaster-glitch

Amber, you are the epitome of evilness. No word can describe how evil you are with this scene change that completely throws us off right when things were getting interesting, as you did so well to point out.

Darn it, I can't even find a good emote for this to lighten it up somewhat.

Indilee

Just when we're like, rabid for more, we switch over to the other interesting pair...

Cue the music... DUN DUN DUN *DUUUUUUUUN!*

AndersW

I notice that Abel took his shirt off.

Indilee

CameronCN

Ah, lovely. Funny, funny... this sort of strip is one of the reasons I like DMFA so much. :3

Incidentally, I think Dan's wings are getting bigger. More aerodynamically feasible, therefore. I still think they should actually fly with them...
Whups, I'm wandering...

I wonder what to draw Amber for her birthday? :B

King Of Hearts

Hm... so Abel actually missed with the axe...

...that boy needs more practice I tell you, not cavorting around with that Cubi friend of his.

Life's not like a box of chocolate chip cookies... unless you are a chocolate cookies, in which case then it is.

Aurawyn

I can just see Amber right now... :mwaha

Haha.

superluser

I think scene changes are excellent for a series!  It keeps character development moving along at an even pace for all characters, so that you don't wind up with overdeveloped characters and underdeveloped characters.

Also, it allows the author to sneak off and add some unseen action without getting tempted to show it.

As to Abel and Dan, I do note that Abel is capable of reading minds and seems to be calling Dan thick-skulled, and unless I'm mistaken, Dan has not yet gotten a mind shield.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Indilee

Quote from: superluser on August 15, 2007, 12:04:10 AM
I think scene changes are excellent for a series!  It keeps character development moving along at an even pace for all characters, so that you don't wind up with overdeveloped characters and underdeveloped characters.

Also, it allows the author to sneak off and add some unseen action without getting tempted to show it.

As to Abel and Dan, I do note that Abel is capable of reading minds and seems to be calling Dan thick-skulled, and unless I'm mistaken, Dan has not yet gotten a mind shield.

I thought he left Saia with a mind shield... o.o

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on August 15, 2007, 12:04:10 AM

Thought reading is like listening to a noisy cafeteria, unless you are actively trying to listen to someone, or they are yelling, it's just background noise you tune out.

KarlOmega1

Don't do it, Dan!

Anyway, nice pulling the scene change on the viewers, Amber....
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Kenji

I guess fruit isn't -always- good for you.
Insert fruit on fruit hate crime joke here or something.

nikename2

Impending K.O.  >:3

But then what?  :U

Indilee

I'd say then steal his wallet but I doubt he has anything on him... >.>

Fex

Quote from: CameronCN on August 14, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
Incidentally, I think Dan's wings are getting bigger. More aerodynamically feasible, therefore. I still think they should actually fly with them...

RUN IT IS WINGZILLA

e_voyager

Ah come one Dan likes pain it's addictive. after all if he didn't like pain and terror why would he after years of adventuring decide to more in with his scary and dangerous pain inflicting older sister.

tonight on midnight movie matinee Earzilla Verses Wingzilla.: the battle of 1000 tears
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Brunhidden

Quote from: e_voyager on August 15, 2007, 12:42:30 AM
tonight on midnight movie matinee Earzilla Verses Wingzilla.: the battle of 1000 tears

50 foot furry bishounen, would they destroy tokyo or san francisco?

melon is an unusual weapon, and a good waste of tasty, but i have to wonder if the innards would be red enough to freak abel out.... or would he need to be tomatoed?

QuoteLove is know the pain of too much tenderness.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Saist

* je.saist fires the orbital ribbon cannon at Amber for the comic!

Distracting

"Lost Lake resident attacked with watermelon. Details at 11."
*ahem* That would just be silly. I think a cabbage might hurt more, so it's not that bad.

Quotetonight on midnight movie matinee Earzilla Verses Wingzilla.: the battle of 1000 tears
Wouldn't it be something like King Wingdorah?

Indilee

Quote from: HeroZero on August 15, 2007, 01:02:32 AM
*ahem* That would just be silly. I think a cabbage might hurt more, so it's not that bad.

Yes, but is it a vampire watermelon...? >:3

Distracting

Quote from: Indilee on August 15, 2007, 01:09:56 AM

Wait, I was under the impression that watermelons came in only two flavors: Delicious and zombie. Have I been lied to all my live? :<
Besides, vampirism seems more of a carrot kind of thing.

nikename2

Yeah carrots hide in the ground. It would be hilarious though if before he smashs the melon on Abel's head the sun shined and the melon burst into flames.  :mwaha

Indilee

Perhaps there is a new breed of watermelon out there... :O

Psychogirl

Either Able's gonna dodge that, or that's gonna be one nasty headache >.<
Either way, Dan's gonna get it in the end.

Aleolus

Quote from: Indilee on August 15, 2007, 01:09:56 AM

Ohh, come on!  Don't you remember one of Fluffy's Q&A sessions?  Someone asked if Vampires existed, and Fluffy's answer was "They used to be, but now their extinct."  Therefore, it cannot be a vampire watermelon.

Though I think it would be cool if Amber were to write in say, one last vampire, the last of his kind, who has been living a secret life in the Twink underground, and is planning a major takeover of Biggs' corporation and all his special goodies. 

Indilee

QuoteOhh, come on!  Don't you remember one of Fluffy's Q&A sessions?  Someone asked if Vampires existed, and Fluffy's answer was "They used to be, but now their extinct."  Therefore, it cannot be a vampire watermelon.

Though I think it would be cool if Amber were to write in say, one last vampire, the last of his kind, who has been living a secret life in the Twink underground, and is planning a major takeover of Biggs' corporation and all his special goodies. 

Sounds like an adventure for Dan! :D

kaskar

And I thought that the scene changes from Janus Bond were cheap. It's a case of 'cliffhanger' ... Bye the way, how does this scene fit into the chapter here, ( All hail Queen Mab ) ... Does the next scene show our valiant adventures returning to the sight of Abel wearing a Melon on his head ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on August 15, 2007, 12:52:47 AMmelon is an unusual weapon, and a good waste of tasty, but i have to wonder if the innards would be red enough to freak abel out....

Melon is enough to freak some people out:

(this is probably my favorite line from Monty Python, and I finally get a chance to use it!)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

About time we saw someone get there comeuppance.