08/15/07 [#807] Scene Change

Started by Indilee, August 14, 2007, 11:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Reminds me of a headache I had before

e_voyager

Was it the one form talking to me and three of my former incarnations at the same time?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Illusionist

I like Dan's new shirt, and Abel's lack of one.

That is all.

Turnsky

Melon'd!

And that reminds me, Amber, any chance on an amendum on 'Furrae Fashion' to cover winged, and other critters with non-humanoid upper torsos?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Cool.  Interesting that Abel hasn't read Dan's intentions.  Also, I would have thought that he would know some interesting magical ways of weeding.  Tentacles would help, at the very least.  On the other hand, he's probably terrified of blowing his disguise, and his hatred of shapeshifting would prevent him from assuming a cover appearance.

Quote from: CameronCN on August 14, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
Incidentally, I think Dan's wings are getting bigger. More aerodynamically feasible, therefore. I still think they should actually fly with them...

No tail.  That ain't going to, uh, fly.  I think he should be able to break his fall with them, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 04:24:48 AM
Cool.  Interesting that Abel hasn't read Dan's intentions.  Also, I would have thought that he would know some interesting magical ways of weeding.  Tentacles would help, at the very least.  On the other hand, he's probably terrified of blowing his disguise, and his hatred of shapeshifting would prevent him from assuming a cover appearance.

Incidentally, I think Dan's wings are getting bigger. More aerodynamically feasible, therefore. I still think they should actually fly with them...

No tail.  That ain't going to, uh, fly.  I think he should be able to break his fall with them, though.

at best, he'd glide, much like a hang-glider does, flying wings are inherantly unstable, and neither Dan nor Abel have feathery butts to take care of the stability. It'd also require a LOT of effort on Dan's part to flap them, so gliding it'd be.

Also, Dan doesn't seem a "think before you act" type, not to mention Abel doesn't seem to have the longest of attention spans..

just an odd thought, but with those two, they seem more like siblings than anything, even with Abel's overall seniority over Dan age wise, on a maturity level, they're equals.  >:3

kaskar

:mowmeep And what cheap trick will Amber try now, to continue the plot ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

So much for his vow never to fight other 'Cubi...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 06:22:28 AM
Heehee..Im glad you still rember that Tape. Yes lets see if Dan can get away giving Able an concussion with a dose of vitamin melon!

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2007, 06:22:28 AM

Abel's a special case, he can't kill dan, for fear of retribution from the pink poodle terror. Plus there's a little backstory between Abel and Edward Ti'fiona, that we don't know about..

plus, i don't think it's fighting, Dan's crowning Abel King of the watermelon imperium.

kaskar

Quote from: Psychogirl on August 15, 2007, 01:21:13 AM
Either Able's gonna dodge that, or that's gonna be one nasty headache >.<
Either way, Dan's gonna get it in the end.

:mowmeep Dan usually gets it in the end. He is the 'fall guy' of the series. Of 'course, he always wants to get back at Abel, the overbearing, while Jyrras actually thinks Dan is intelligent, in his own way ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Madmann135

It's not an attack, it's a preemptive revenge hit and a simple revenge hit for this and that.

Why do you think he asked "do you think a skull is harder than a watermelon?"  Which indicates that Dan does not want to hurt him much.
Somehow coming from Dan that line should activate all sorts of alarms.

I really think Able hates shirts.  As often as we've seen him he's only wore shirts in a hand full of scenes.  Even when he took on the appearance of a girl he totally forgot the shirt and made Dan's eyes bleed (again).

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

RobbieThe1st

Of course, looking at #263, the various winged inhabitants of Furre *can* fly, though they don't. Perhaps its just magic(i.e. energy being channeled, either to reduce gravity, or to basically hold the furry in the air as he/she wants[mentally controlled flying?]). Of course, that would negate the need for wings, unless the wings are basically energy collection devices, and perhaps also where the energy is rebroadcast from to cause the effect. In short, its magic.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Alondro

*Charline tee-hee!* Looook where Abel's tail is!   :giggle  *naughty thoughts*  Maybe Dan wants to knock Abel out to molesternate him?  That would tie the scenes together nicely.   >:3

*Charles pokes Amber's mini-rant*  Bleah, family getting in the way of what's important!  That's why I... heh heh heh... 'disposed' of mine!  Eh...erk!  I've revealed too much!   :shifty   Uhm... I mean, I sold them to slavery... ack!  That's no good either!   :animesweat   Ok, I sold their organs to Thailand!   :footinmouth

*Charline*  And they said the chemicals in the lab wouldn't cause brain damage.   :sweatdrop
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on August 15, 2007, 07:47:09 AM

Of course, looking at #263, the various winged inhabitants of Furre *can* fly, though they don't. Perhaps its just magic(i.e. energy being channeled, either to reduce gravity, or to basically hold the furry in the air as he/she wants[mentally controlled flying?]). Of course, that would negate the need for wings, unless the wings are basically energy collection devices, and perhaps also where the energy is rebroadcast from to cause the effect. In short, its magic.

-RobbieThe1st

Oh boy. Looks like it's time to dig up my old flight lecture to contibute, but you're pretty close Robbie.
here we are.

QuoteThen wouldn't it be possible for other magic beings who don't have wings to learn some form of willed flight?
QuoteMaybe it requires a combination of magic and wings in order to completely work as true flight.

Just an example, there is a LEGO comic called Bionicle. In the first comics, one of the Toa(the heroes), Toa Lewa possesed the Kanohi Mask of Levitation. It did not allow him to fly, but it did always give him soft landings as well as let him easily swing through trees(his favorite form of travel), and of course, levitate. However, after all six Toa were trasformed into Toa Nuva, with better masks, weapons, and elemental powers, Lewa had the Kanohi Nuva mask of Levitation, and also got twin Katana Weapons. By attaching the Katana points to his waist, (acting as a physial glider) and using his Mask at the same time, he had true flight.

In a similar example, in the Nickelodean cartoon Avatar: The Last Airbender, in the very first episode Aang describes how he is able to perform true flight; he uses Airbending to control air currents that go right beneath his Glider-staff. If he is using only his glider, that is exactly what he does: glide. If he uses only Airbending, he can only hover. Either one alone cannot fly, but combined they can.

Even in the real world, all this is nearly identical. the three basic concepts are gliding, hovering, and actuall, true "powered flight". If you have a lightweight  aircraft with only wings, you will glide with it. Gliders operate on this principle. If you attach a propeller to an engine, that provides power, but by itself, will only hover. Helecopters use this principle(because, technically, helecopters dont fly, they just hover in various directions). If you combine these concepts, unpowered gliding and powered hovering, you will get a true flying machine, the plane.

Maybe in Furrae, it works in a similar way. Neither Magic(hover) nor Wings(glide) alone will let you truely fly, but add them together.....

I don't know about everyone else, but this makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.

rt

Hmm yes Dan is right, never interupt a story for a scene change, we all know Amber would never pull a stunt like that

:B err .. wait   :)

LionHeart

You can almost hear the fourth wall creaking (or possibly cracking)...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Turnsky

Quote from: LionHeart on August 15, 2007, 10:45:46 AM

that's just my avatar, the stucco'd walls of DMFA's fourth wall remains stalwart..

GabrielsThoughts

Is this like a flash back sequence ? or is this part of the actual continuity?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

CameronCN

Quote from: Turnsky on August 15, 2007, 04:27:57 AM
ust an odd thought, but with those two, they seem more like siblings than anything

That is interesting. It makes sense when you consider that both of them have a close relationship with Destania--teacher/student and mother/son--as well as with Edward, though what Abel's connection there is, who knows...

Caswin

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 15, 2007, 11:38:32 AM
Is this like a flash back sequence ? or is this part of the actual continuity?
A flashback, I'd think, would be part of the continuity.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

ok, then is it a flashback to before Abel was trying to kill Dan for no apparent reason?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

CameronCN

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 15, 2007, 01:05:43 PM
ok, then is it a flashback to before Abel was trying to kill Dan for no apparent reason?
Couldn't be-- they're not wearing the same clothes. No, I think this is a "what are the other characters doing at this moment" thing, with a dash of irony.

Azlan

Dan apparently wants to be murdered by Abel...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Turnsky

Quote from: Azlan on August 15, 2007, 01:42:48 PM
Dan apparently wants to be murdered by Abel...

it's meloncide i tells ye!

Brunhidden

Never get into a food fight with a cubi, they may just throw someone you know.

QuoteThere are no inconsistencies in the Discworld books; ocassionally, however, there are alternate pasts.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Indilee

I thought the fourth wall had a revolving door for Amber and her muse. :D

Zedd

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on August 15, 2007, 01:48:15 PM
Never get into a food fight with a cubi, they may just throw someone you know.
>:3

DarkAudit

Quote from: Turnsky on August 15, 2007, 10:48:47 AM

that's just my avatar, the stucco'd walls of DMFA's fourth wall remains stalwart..

Stuccoed rubble? That wall fell in around 2001.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....