06/29/07 [#801] Shiny things!

Started by AndersW, June 29, 2007, 01:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Jyrass is very fast when he wants to be, even when falling apparently.

Manawolf

"You won't take them from me!  You'll have to use the mose invasive forms of brain probes to wrest the secrets from my mind!"

Cogidubnus

Amber's been watching some Holy Grail, apparently.

Supposing, however, there were two Jyrrases... :3

Madmann135

If you take what I said in my last post Very liberally then Albiaon did 'save' Jyrras by making him forget about the laws of physics.

Something about a guy and threatning his toys that makes the guy think diffrently.

Anyone else see the purely 'Kira' look on Albiaon's face or was that my imagination?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Fuyudenki

Would that be "Jyrrai?"  If one were better than the other, would we have to develop a "Jyrrating system" to tell which was which?

In freefall, one actually has a startling amount of 3-dimensional mobility within the inertial reference frame.  Judging by Albanion's comment, however, I suspect Jy displayed far more than the usual mobility.
Quote from: Madmann135 on June 29, 2007, 01:29:00 AM
If you take what I said in my last post Very liberally then Albiaon did 'save' Jyrras by making him forget about the laws of physics.
...or that.  I forgot about that.

Something about a guy and threatning his toys that makes the guy think diffrently.

Anyone else see the purely 'Kira' look on Albiaon's face or was that my imagination?
I think it was more distinctly FaLina, back when she was talking to Dan, but on further thought, you may be closer.  I shouldn't try to think when I'm this asleep.

Ah, witty writing.  Amber seems to have a nigh-inexhaustible supply.

King Of Hearts

Oh jy... just show the equine your shiny stuff already.

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 29, 2007, 01:32:46 AM
Oh jy... just show the equine your shiny stuff already.

*laughs* Don't give the writers any ideas.

Madmann135

If he wants shiney stuff show him a flashlight and a mirror but the real delicate, scientificic, and important things.  Those are Classified.

Zedd

AndersW

Albiaon knows about the secret lab.  So if Albiaon is the Fae on the Creature council that means that the Creature council knows about it too.

If that is the case, who here thinks that Nutmegs invitation wasn't something more sinister.

Like distracting Jyrras and Lorenda while some people go snooping around the lab looking at things.

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh, They're onto Jyrras's weapons!
And Terrycloth, just cuz I HAVE to say it :mwaha:
I told you so! This IS the real Albanion! :P

Madmann135

lets not forget we got DEATH BRINGER in the Lab and her robotic sister who I will call Mech to back her up.

We don't know how magic can affect Deebs nor Mech but for all we know an attack by anyone could lead to dizaster... for the attacking party.

But yea,
If you have a 'Secret lab' and everyone knows about it, it's not really a secret anymore.  

Also if you think of it like this Jyrras was holding back on his more contriversal inventions.  The Albiaon has showed the creature's council hand that they know that he's a serous inventor.  By playing their hand they could force Jyrras hand into putting more R&D into offensive and defensive technology which can be a bad thing.

Sometimes in a game of cards it's best not to play your hand until the last possiable moment.

Kryptic

Quote from: Raist on June 29, 2007, 01:30:54 AM

I think it was more distinctly FaLina, back when she was talking to Dan, but on further thought, you may be closer.  I shouldn't try to think when I'm this asleep.

Dewd. I thought it totally looked like Kria. Silly Fang-ly ponies.

Srsly. Maybe they're distantly related. Very distantly.

Zedd

Quote from: Kryptic on June 29, 2007, 02:05:09 AM
Quote from: Raist on June 29, 2007, 01:30:54 AM

Dewd. I thought it totally looked like Kria. Silly Fang-ly ponies.

No..Fangs on her chars is her fling on things and fangs always make it better >:]

nikename2

Jy can hover all he wants but he's completely trapped in Albanion's world at the moment. He can either give in to his demands and show him his advanced "farming and mining" equipment, he can think of a witty retort and lie about it/use a diversion or attempt to pause Albanion with a riddle(probably his best option), or he could play dumb. Playing dumb doesn't help alot since its only really a stall before Al starts getting a little more serious. As strange as this sounds Jyrass best shot of escaping from this dire situation lies with Mab since she brought him there in the first place, either that or he could just ask nicely to leave, but that would probably end in disaster since Albanion could drop him off anywhere, he probably wouldn't do that though because it wouldn't serve much of a purpose since it doesn't help him get any closer to the lab so he'd probably drop him out of the dimension somewhere near Jy's house. If anything this is the best opportunity for Kria to get to work since there are no residents home at the moment.  :mwaha

Drake Manaweilder

QuoteDewd. I thought it totally looked like Kria. Silly Fang-ly ponies.

Odds are you are just joking and I'm reading into things too seriously due to tiered-ness, but I doubt that. A fae-demon would likely have some wierd effect on the fae soul limit.

hmmm... if it were possible though, a fae demon would likely be the most dangerous thing in the universe. Unlimited magical power, the lust for more power and the rampaging instinct... yeah...   :cry

EDIT: sense when did you mention fae demons? I've been up too long..

kaskar

:mowmeep See, Jyrras can fly with the right motivation ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Fex

I wonder did Jy used his hands or his ears to escape :mowcookie

Cemalidor

Quote from: kaskar on June 29, 2007, 02:52:22 AM

:mowmeep See, Jyrras can fly with the right motivation ...
Right on the spot i'd say, since moved on to the right side.  :mowhappy
*still hearing the supersonic boom*

Tapewolf

Cool.  I always wondered why Fa'Lina didn't do something along these lines when Jyrras was in SAIA.
Of course it might be that he simply wants to offer Jyrras some venture capital, but somehow I doubt it...

Quote from: AndersW on June 29, 2007, 01:19:19 AM
Jyrass is very fast when he wants to be, even when falling apparently.
Supposedly he's the fastest main character in the strip. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Dont worry mates..Im sure he has a way to get out this pickle now...I smell the endever he cant get away..And soon he will have to catch a breath from running in mid fall soo much..Or is he already on the land? >:3

Gornemant

Oh right, Amber's coming down on Tuesday, I gotta set up the traps  >:3

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Illusionist

Jyrras flying? Great. Now I'm getting Dumbo flashbacks.

Alondro

Heh, I too noticed the resemblence to Fa'Lina in that evil smile.  There can be only one explanation.  Albanion is Fa'Lina's father!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

Quote from: AndersW on June 29, 2007, 01:40:41 AM
Albiaon knows about the secret lab.  So if Albiaon is the Fae on the Creature council that means that the Creature council knows about it too.
Unless he's a shapeshifter, too - not that I'd count that out - doubtful.  The fae guy had a pretty small, unhorsey head.
Quote from: AndersW on June 29, 2007, 01:40:41 AMLike distracting Jyrras and Lorenda while some people go snooping around the lab looking at things.
That... sounds potentially pretty funny, actually.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

techmaster-glitch

I just had a thought of Jyrras returning to his lab once he's out of the Fae Kingdom and finding Kria messing with all of his 'toys'. THAT would be awkward...and hilariously funny...

Regal

Considering what happened to his three assistants, messing with his toys might be a very bad idea.

Kenji

Quote from: Illusionist on June 29, 2007, 10:50:58 AM
Jyrras flying? Great. Now I'm getting Dumbo flashbacks.

Well, his ears HAVE been getting progressively bigger...

"I seen a peanut stand
And heard a rubber band
I seen a needle that winked it's eye
But I been done seen about everything
When I see a kanga-rat fly"

familyghost

Quote from: AndersW on June 29, 2007, 01:40:41 AM

If that is the case, who here thinks that Nutmegs invitation wasn't something more sinister.

Like distracting Jyrras and Lorenda while some people go snooping around the lab looking at things.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Albanion, but it was Kria that told the CC about his technological prowess and that's why they are all interested in him.  Funny that Albanion does know about the Lab though...  I doublt Nutmeg is being sinister, Albanion is probably just taking advantage of the scenario.  Besides, if Mab is any indication of Fae/Technology interactions there wouldn't be a lab (or property) when he got back.