06/29/07 [#801] Shiny things!

Started by AndersW, June 29, 2007, 01:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

Don't mind Kaskar.  If he's making sense, it's usually a fluke.  I just ignore most of what he says.

kaskar

8)  It could have been a cctv display monitor ... The main point is how Abby found / ( guessed ? ) what vaguely was in the underground lab ? Or did the female technical assistant that disapeared become the " Fly on the Wall ",  and is passing on information to the Creature Council ? ( re:#364 )  I doubt the information is coming from Lorenda, and a peeping Kria would not see much ....

:rolleyes Please now look at #364

8) I mean, this must be the best way to ' bug ' a conversation on the move ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

techmaster-glitch

What the...Did Kaskar just make sense and...ACTUALLY COME UP WITH A GOOD SPECULATION?? Omfg ff! Hell has frozen over and the wolrd is about explode! Everyone, say goodbye to you family and loved ones, Armaggedon is nigh!

llearch n'n'daCorna

No. He's still presuming that Albanion is talking about the downstairs lab, and not the upstairs one.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_361.php

See?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Aleolus

But why would Albanion be reffering to anything other than Jy's downstairs lab, or why would Jy react like that if Albanion was meaning his upstairs lab?  After all, his upstairs lab is public knowledge, for things like patches and other small things, as he states in that comic linked by llearch.

Aridas

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 02, 2007, 11:14:33 AM
No. He's still presuming that Albanion is talking about the downstairs lab, and not the upstairs one.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_361.php

See?
Albanion said SECRET lab. That means, not the ordinary one. The SECRET underground lab.

techmaster-glitch

Albanion said SECRET lab. That means, not the ordinary one. The SECRET underground lab.
True.

Fuyudenki

Yeah, I agree, I think Albanion was talking about the underground lab.  I speculate the world hasn't ended yet because Kaskar is making things more complicated than they need be.  Simply put, Albanion knows about Jyrras's secret lab because he's just that good.

The important thing is not how Albanion knows, it's what he wants.

Aleolus

He already said, he wants the shiny things!  How much more information do you need!?

kaskar

Albanion is a Fae that has got wind of Jyrras's secret lab, and has probably seen images or has been given a brief description of the lab. ( e.g. From the fly on the wall, the lab assistant. ) However, a full answer from the maker can help when it comes to the Fae, on what these things can do. A fly describes this and does a fae comprehend or not ...

Now look at #Vol362...

As I said, they see the balls, but what exactly do they see? You need a base of knowledge for that thought, but ...

Now look at #Vol361...

Any Fae could describe and understand this straight out!  It is in their mental mindset ...

Fuyudenki

Oh, for the love of... Smileys, portions of comics, full(if spliced) comics, multiple full comics, what's next, is Kaskar going to start posting AVI movies in his posts?

MT Hazard

I suppose It would be silly of me to think, massively powerful magical creature = can see/sense things that beings can't (after all powerful cubi can do similar) a limited omniscience perhaps?

While I do enjoy these forums, sometimes them become giant evil memes extensions.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raist on July 03, 2007, 05:33:22 PM
Oh, for the love of... Smileys, portions of comics, full(if spliced) comics, multiple full comics, what's next, is Kaskar going to start posting AVI movies in his posts?

If he does, the posts won't remain in place for long.

Nor will his posting privileges.

GabrielsThoughts

I still think he pulled a patch out before he zoomed off...now we have to wait until after the swarm of fillers to find out what happens next.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

kaskar

:mowsad  Space consuming notation deleted ... Please disregard

Aridas

Well, it's just that they take up a lot of vertical space that could be spent better just by explaining your reasoning and maybe even linking to the strip(s) you're talking about. It's when you do like you did and start using comic images excessively, that's what they're not too thrilled about.

Fuyudenki

:yeahthat

Also, some logical spacing in your posts couldn't hurt, and remember that just because you think you want to say something doesn't mean you should say something.  A closed mouth gathers no foot.(and when I gather foot, I tend to choke on the kneecaps.)

Also, something I'm trying to practice is the idea that sometimes, "less is more."  Sometimes, a witty little one-liner will make people think more than an entire paragraph, and large posts are almost always ignored by most readers, so if you want your posts to be noticed, toss in a couple of attention grabbers(ONE OR TWO smileys, caps-words, or font alterations), and keep 'em short.

And apply some common sense to some of your arguments.  Just because Albanion is grinning evilly, for example, doesn't mean he's Aniz's brother from a thousand years ago, who fathered Kria while Nutmeg wasn't looking.  That's just silly, and needlessly complex.

There, see?  I broke my own second rule!

kaskar

Quote from: Raist on July 04, 2007, 01:54:56 AM
:yeahthat

Also, some logical spacing in your posts couldn't hurt, and remember that just because you think you want to say something doesn't mean you should say something.  A closed mouth gathers no foot.(and when I gather foot, I tend to choke on the kneecaps.)

Also, something I'm trying to practice is the idea that sometimes, "less is more."  Sometimes, a witty little one-liner will make people think more than an entire paragraph, and large posts are almost always ignored by most readers, so if you want your posts to be noticed, toss in a couple of attention grabbers(ONE OR TWO smileys, caps-words, or font alterations), and keep 'em short.

And apply some common sense to some of your arguments.  Just because Albanion is grinning evilly, for example, doesn't mean he's Aniz's brother from a thousand years ago, who fathered Kria while Nutmeg wasn't looking.  That's just silly, and needlessly complex.

There, see?  I broke my own second rule!

:mowignore zzzznnnnzzzzzz ...  Eh, you there ? Oh, just read it. But why is it that if you put in a one liner, or just try to keep it short, you just keep on being told you are a stupid idiot. Am I allowed to speak in a forum, or is it a case, as in the old movie " Animal Farm ", ' All Creatures are Equal, Just some Creatures are more Equal than others' ...

Aridas

The difference is that you tend not to make any sense when you say things.

kaskar

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 04, 2007, 04:34:45 AM
The difference is that you tend not to make any sense when you say things.

8) Yeh, readers may tend to get this impression. However, this is usually caused by people not reading all the post, and also studying the supporting pages. I refer to a recent post that had a few pretty pictures, along with a bit of text.

It seems the best way to explain is to use small words, and a pic or two, to get a point across. It was effective, but I would not make a habit of it ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kaskar on July 04, 2007, 06:54:23 AM
  8) Yeh, readers may tend to get this impression. However, this is usually caused by people not reading all the post, and also studying the supporting pages. I refer to a recent post that had a few pretty pictures, along with a bit of text.  It seems the best way to explain is to use small words, and a pic or two, to get a point across. It was effective, but I would not make a habit of it ...

I read all of every one of your posts. They still tend to not make sense.

Your point gets lost, however, when more people are annoyed at your post than are annoyed at the content.

Quote from: kaskar on July 04, 2007, 06:54:23 AM
:mowmeep However, smileys and mows are a different matter. They should be used to give the mood of the paragraph, and apart from decorative, are good for following moods of thought. I am sorry if readers did not find a connection between the Mow, and the mood of a page or paragraph...

Usually, they aren't used to prefix the paragraph. Every paragraph. Yes, they should be. It's a pity that, according to at least five people I can think of offhand, you're not using them effectively.

Contrariwise, I can't think of -anyone- who has talked to me saying that they agree with your use of emotes. Perhaps that's a hint there.

Aurawyn

I dunno.. it seems to me like maaaaaybe Albanion is reading his mind just a little?

At least that is the impression I got from 800...

techmaster-glitch

I personally think Albanion was just guessing and bluffing. Example, the part about "no, you don't really believe you're going to die, because there is no ground to splat on" is something anyone can figure out and say. The part about "believing you will be rescued" was probably a bluff.

Aridas

Um, no it wasn't. He was pretending to be a psychologist and picking apart Jyrras in a comical fashion. Stop killing the jokes, please?

techmaster-glitch

I know that. I was replying to Aurawyn saying that she though Albanion was psychic. Please read posts other than just mine, please.

Naldru

Actually, I've gotten confused a few time about which posts were being referred to in various posts on the forum.  It's an easy mistake to make.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

kaskar

please disregard. deleted on opinion and request ...

techmaster-glitch

Only you, Kaskar. Only you would post in a dead thread saying that it's dead.

Aridas

AND call them rooms, when they aren't rooms.