6-13 [796] New level of fear for public speaking

Started by Fex, June 13, 2007, 12:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fex

yaay my second topic here and I hope mab does not pull to hard or else she will be an bald Mab

Nikki

oh my..

*thou shalt not wear purple on saturdays*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

LoneHowler

you would think for a species thousands of years old they would have better insults
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Fex

its better then poopie head or something like that

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Cogidubnus

Well. I think we may know why Mab doesn't go to the Fae kingdom, anymore... :3

thegayhare

I heard a realy good one on the Frank Decaro show today but I'm afraid I can't repeat it on the forum

*giggles*

kaskar

Quote from: Xze-Xze on June 13, 2007, 12:16:14 AM

oh my..

*thou shalt not wear purple on saturdays*
*Or should that be you shalt wear purple on saturdays*
     ( Azlan wears Purple ... )

Also, I hope they didn't shave her.
(The ultimate indignity to a fae fur loser ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

OK.  I'm having a hard time parsing `reset' here.  Does that mean that the monarch who made the original law gets to be ruler again, or does it mean that all the laws are voided, or does it mean that the universe resets to the Big Bang (if that happened in Furrae), or what?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zorro

A system of Government more or less based on TETRIS.    :erk

Kenji

Kamunt

Quote from: kaskar on June 13, 2007, 12:37:09 AMAlso, I hope they didn't shave her.
(The ultimate indignaty to a fae fur loser ... )

...That's either really hot, or really cree~py... :mowdizzy

Quote from: superluser on June 13, 2007, 12:39:42 AMOK.  I'm having a hard time parsing `reset' here.  Does that mean that the monarch who made the original law gets to be ruler again, or does it mean that all the laws are voided, or does it mean that the universe resets to the Big Bang (if that happened in Furrae), or what?

I believe you have it about correct. My interpretation was that the laws just kind of "go back to the beginning", but not necessarily back to the original leader. Heck, that's basically impossible--the original leaders would all have passed on and had their souls "recycled" by that point/by Mab's point. :3 Tee-hee!

Zedd

Yeah that racks up the major sillyness on the list...And good luck on the bids peoples!

RJ

Ohhhhh... this is starting to make sense now :3

superluser

Quote from: Kamunt on June 13, 2007, 12:42:54 AM
Quote from: superluser on June 13, 2007, 12:39:42 AMOK.  I'm having a hard time parsing `reset' here.  Does that mean that the monarch who made the original law gets to be ruler again, or does it mean that all the laws are voided, or does it mean that the universe resets to the Big Bang (if that happened in Furrae), or what?
I believe you have it about correct.

Uh, I had three separate (and most likely mutually exclusive) hypotheses there.  Which one is about right?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Mab looks awesome in the last panel.  :)

You'd wonder if people would come up with obscure laws for the sole purpose of provoking a witchhunt for pure amusement. Heck it seems like a giant form of tag, except it doesn't end and you can use it for random vengeance if you are "it".

Senko

Yep does seem like we now know why Mab's out of the Fae kingdom poor thing give her a hug someone.

Taerkar

The obvious dodge is to make all of your laws have very specific names.

"Tuesday will henceforth be known as Slap-happy Day"

Regal

Quote from: Senko on June 13, 2007, 01:28:30 AM
Yep does seem like we now know why Mab's out of the Fae kingdom poor thing give her a hug someone.

You want us to hug a stupid loser-head?  :mowtongue

rabid_fox

I'm sure this all has something to do with Eddie Izzard's theory of circular "coolness".

Oh dear.

kaskar

I feel that Mab will return as monarch to the fae kingdom, or select someone, ( fae or not fae ? ) to act temporaly in her stead till she finishes her business. It may be a really stupid idea, but as in #232 ( The mind of Mab is a wierd place )

Tapewolf

Rrrr.  I can't say I'm too happy with the auction groupings.  I'd really like chapter 16, but I don't want to deprive Janus of the spy arc (which I didn't really like anyway).  Ah well - I guess we'll have to see what happens.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Meh. Come to an agreement with Janus, and buy chap 16 as a group?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

King Of Hearts

So I wonder how a Fae Democracy would work...

Distracting

I'm sure that some of the political campaigns would involve going out for tea. I mean, who wouldn't?

techmaster-glitch

Oh man, Mab's expression in the last panal is PRICELESS. i LOVE IT!

But on another note, now we know exctly why the Fae's monarchy is "more a figurehead and whimsy than a serious attempt at government."

kaskar

What i really liked was jyrra's comment at the end.

Stig Hemmer

The natural assumption at this point would be that Mab at the end of her reign was declared a stupid loser-head and she hasn't been home since.

However, it was said that Nutmeg caused Mab to leave, which is odd since loser-headism is self-inflicted.

Speculation: Perhaps Mab was all out of ideas for new laws and Nutmeg suggested something that turned out to be a bad idea.  After Mab publicly declared the new law, Nutmeg says something like "Aren't you forgetting king Whatshisnames law of 18000 years ago?"

Mab is publicly shamed and leaves at high speed, leaving only her crown behind... in Nutmegs lap.

Regardless: Mab, please report to Norway for a :hug.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

GabrielsThoughts

Maybe the law Mab made limited the number of fae to exact numbers... thus violating her own law when the Mow were created.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Illusionist

Why do I get the feeling Mab has been laughed at for passing a contradictory law?