6-11-07 #795 "You have come across a wild slime!"

Started by Jigsaw Forte, June 11, 2007, 12:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

So true.

And since when does anyone actually beat those types of games...?

*runs*

Kenji

Manawolf

My friend Peter was near the end of the last one, don't know if he finished everything, though a good chance he did.

Grenn

True enough, but you just know she'll hug it, then cross it off of her list. :)

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Aridas

onoz, it's a red slime, those are harder than the blue ones! RUN MAB!

kaskar

How many points do you get for a wild slime, and has she hugged one yet, to cross it off her list ? Since fae are pretty much immortal, a slime ball should not cause too much trouble, unless it turns into a sleaze ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Valynth

must...not....innuendo.....*fails the roll*

I'd hit that weak spot if I didn't fear the ensuing malleting.

*shivers* a little bit of me died in that.  *sees the long haired shadows with mallets*  PANCAKE IS ONLY THE BEGINNNNING!  *is squashed flat only to reappear in the sequels by some magic device of plot.*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Zedd

Seriously its one those things...But least someone should be prepared soon

Zorro

superluser

I'm at a loss for what that game is.  It looks like Final Fantasy IV-VII, but Amber said game, not games, so I remain confused.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Valynth

Quote from: superluser on June 11, 2007, 01:08:23 AM
I'm at a loss for what that game is.  It looks like Final Fantasy IV-VII, but Amber said game, not games, so I remain confused.

HEATHEN!

Hast thou never heard mention of Dragon Quest?!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Roureem Egas

Dragon Quest can be such a drag. :< I suppose if it starts going "puni puni," it'd be even harder to hug. Points if you get which game (series probably) I'm referencing.

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on June 11, 2007, 01:11:12 AMHast thou never heard mention of Dragon Quest?!

I have yet to purchase a system for which it is available.  Actually, one of the main reasons why I want to get a PS2 is because they have Dragon Quest for it.  But I'm pretty well broke right now.

Edit: Anyways, I'm booked solid for a while with games, since I just purchased a Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics bundle.  I've heard such good things about Fallout, and the only one I've played was Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel. (OK.  I'm done.  Any more off-topicness about Fallout should probably go in this thread.)

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on June 11, 2007, 01:18:13 AM
I have yet to purchase a system for which it is available.  Actually, one of the main reasons why I want to get a PS2 is because they have Dragon Quest for it.  But I'm pretty well broke right now.

You didnt own a Nintendo?

superluser

MaskedRetriever

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 11, 2007, 01:40:14 AM*cough*
*EMULATE*
*cough*

That's illegal, and I don't have the time to hunt down illegal ROMs, right now.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

kaskar

Quote from: rabid_fox on June 11, 2007, 02:26:12 AM

A slime approacheth.

How can you protect yourself against slime ? Do you have to take offensive action ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aridas

Nobody needs to hunt for teh illegulz when I am an authorized dealer :3

*gets arrested*

Netrogo

Actually emulating old NES games is legal, the fact that they are no longer made and unavailable on the retail market leaves them free for people to obtain by their own means. Basically so long as downloading isn't bleeding money from the company that created it, it's generally considered okay.

Kinda like how you're legally allowed to download windows 95, 98, and ME. They're all no longer supported by Microsoft and only availble through used purchase and downloads.

And SERIOUSLY, why is it those kind of monsters are ALWAYS freaking smiling? I mean they're about to try and kill your face off, yet they're pleasantly content. You can beat them with a freaking street sign for twenty minutes and they'd STILL be grinning like today was the best day ever, GAH!
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Fex

MAB HUG IT!

*grabs an camera to earn big cash for the video*

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 11, 2007, 03:53:41 AMActually emulating old NES games is legal, the fact that they are no longer made and unavailable on the retail market leaves them free for people to obtain by their own means. Basically so long as downloading isn't bleeding money from the company that created it, it's generally considered okay.

Kinda like how you're legally allowed to download windows 95, 98, and ME. They're all no longer supported by Microsoft and only availble through used purchase and downloads.

Maybe in Canada, but I'm pretty sure that downloading pirated NES ROMs is illegal in the US.  I'm not sure if it's illegal to emulate them if you've legally purchased them, since the DMCA is a rather onerous law, and it could be seen as circumventing an access control.  Certain companies do seem to turn a blind eye to old ROM piracy, but I'll bet Microsoft would ask the court to throw the book at you if you downloaded a copy of MS DOS 1.25

Anyways, the issue for me is time.  I don't have any ROM sites bookmarked, and finding the right ROM would take time.  Not much, but enough.

Quote from: kaskar on June 11, 2007, 02:29:42 AMHow can you protect yourself against slime ?

Red potions.

Flan is more difficult.  I think you have to leave it out in the sun until it expires.  Blancmanges are the worst.  I think you have to beat them at tennis.

Saist

I remember DQ:VII.  Somebody was watching me play and said "hey, I didn't know they made First Person RPG's?"

Zedd

Im sure one of you might want this controler still

schizo

How do we know hug is not an attack?,obliterate it with the destructive force of your hug!

Kryptic

I played DQ:Monster Breeder game-thing for a while. Entertaining little sucker. Turn them against their own kind! Ha! Haha!

I believe it's quite legal to use ROMS as a trial. Make sure to delete within 24 hours. That's fine. I know of a good site for RPG ROMS by the way. Not that I ever use any.

Aw. Dang, I check up on it, and now it's deleted. I liked that site. It was witty.  :mowsad

Senko

Personally I'd like to play a game where hug was a selectable option, hmmm if green slimes taste like jelly what do red slimes taste like....? Anyway I think they've just been raised to let a smile be their umbrella (Like all the school propaganda about it takes more muscles to frown than to smile). Besides just because your about to horribly kill someone is no reason to be impolite.

Tycoon

Quote from: Netrogo on June 11, 2007, 03:53:41 AM
Actually emulating old NES games is legal, the fact that they are no longer made and unavailable on the retail market leaves them free for people to obtain by their own means. Basically so long as downloading isn't bleeding money from the company that created it, it's generally considered okay.

And SERIOUSLY, why is it those kind of monsters are ALWAYS freaking smiling? I mean they're about to try and kill your face off, yet they're pleasantly content. You can beat them with a freaking street sign for twenty minutes and they'd STILL be grinning like today was the best day ever, GAH!

It's illegal for ALL Nintendo ROMS (In the USA, anyways), although I'm not sure about other console systems. - http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faqs/legal.html

I've played the first three Dragon Monster Warrior games (Legally, I might add) and they all contain slimes. Those are what first shot to mind when I saw this comic.