6-8-07 #794 Passing on the Monarchy (AKA Stress)

Started by Nikki, June 08, 2007, 01:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

ho-hum...so i guess being royalty isn't all that now huh? and talking in third person? Za?

and probably only after a week or so =3

Edit: And by a week i mean by Fae-standards...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Manawolf

How many laws are they up to now?  I sure there were some who went overboard out of the gate.

Eibborn

Going by what we know of the Fae, there must be some pre-ety unusual laws out there.
/kicks the internet over

Nikki

Maybe some laws made out of boredom?

'Thou shalt not park thy elephant on the sidewalk on sundays'

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

nikename2

Hehe, "thou shalt not bring a non-fae to thy fae-kingdom or lest the universe shalt explode".

Considering the length the fae have existed, it could happen.  :)

thegayhare

No one is allowed to carry an ice cream cone in there back pocket

It is illigale to have a donkey in a bathtub

Anyone entering the fae realm for the express purpose of commiting a crime must have written consent from the riegning monarch

Valynth

I hope there is a 'thou shalt not consume a turnip or derivitives there of, durring a blue moon without laying a pair of pants on a table.'
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Nikki

Quote from: Xeksue on June 08, 2007, 01:21:57 AM
"thou shalt not bring a non-fae to thy fae-kingdom or lest the universe shalt explode".

I love it XD

Kenji

Nikki

XD

i love that one too.

Another question: how long was Mab Stressed ou----i mean...queen? ^^;

*still celebrating*

Senko

I wonder if the third person thing was a early rule "Thou shalt refer to thyself in the third personar if thou art monarch." particularly like the "Surprise, oh the monarchy you shouldn't have." panel.

superluser

I'll bet a few of those laws are for things like censuses (hey, they need to figure out how many of the 2,438,165 are outside of the fae realm) and administrative stuff.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

LionHeart

Maybe some of these were passed in the Fae kingdom?

Stupid Laws
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Zedd

Poor pity person who has to sit in the stinky throne and so forth..And I am royality as well..And AMber...I know your pain of June as well  :cry

kaskar

:mowhappy     I wonder if a fae king or queen is allowed to delegate powers. Mab talks here of making laws. A queen does not need to be there to do all the menial paperwork. They should be able to enjoy some of the perks, and enjoy. However, if Wildy was a fae, the fae kingdom's tranquility would be long gone. ( Remember when she went power mad in the Early strips, when Alexi was away ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Manawolf

Seems there are no perks.  Fae do whatever the hell they want anyway, rulership means now you actually HAVE to do something.

kaskar

What I was referring to also was, " If Wildy was a Fae ... ( ie, Wildy San, villianous ferret. egomaniac, born terror and troublemaker, brother is head of the Twinks, put her own brand (w.s) on Dan, and always is outragious in many other ways ... ).  Don't think of a mild mannered Mab. Think of an egomanical Wildy ...

Dard

Somehow I don't get the last panel at all.

I just don't know what Amber wants to tell us and/or if there was pun at all.

PS: This list of stupid laws has a couple of laws that are not stupid at all. At least one is in effect here and I haven't heared anybody yet who said it was a bad or stupid law.

kaskar

:mwaha   Think what would happen if Wildy was Queen of the Fae Kingdom. For a taste of what could happen, return to comic #23, #24, #25, and #26 . Real Power Tripping ...

Alondro

Hehe, "thou shalt not bring a non-fae to thy fae-kingdom or lest the universe shalt explode".

This law was repealed after the first time it happened, thus Mab's comment in previous comic.   ;)

I have a law that I think would be great:  No Charlines allowed in the Fae kingdom!

*Charline  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

I have to say that Mab in the last couple comics has been drawn really well.  I mean it, the art is just stunning.

Netrogo

Quote from: Dard on June 08, 2007, 05:27:04 AM
Somehow I don't get the last panel at all.

I just don't know what Amber wants to tell us and/or if there was pun at all.

PS: This list of stupid laws has a couple of laws that are not stupid at all. At least one is in effect here and I haven't heared anybody yet who said it was a bad or stupid law.

Which one are you referring to Dard?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

kaskar

Quote from: Dard on June 08, 2007, 05:27:04 AM
  :rolleyes Somehow I don't get the last panel at all.

:rolleyes  I just don't know what Amber wants to tell us and/or if there was pun at all. PS: This list of stupid laws has a couple of laws that are not stupid at all. At least one is in effect here and I haven't heared anybody yet who said it was a bad or stupid law.

:< It is not the laws that are really bad, but the fact that that is all you do. You are only a figurehead, no more ...

rabid_fox

You get that comic and then you get "Dear June, please die in a fire, k?"

Ah, juxtaposition. How I love it.

Oh dear.

GabrielsThoughts

an ecchi-sketch, thank you monarchy now I can doodle girls
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Quote from: Alondro on June 08, 2007, 08:15:31 AM

This law was repealed after the first time it happened, thus Mab's comment in previous comic.   ;)

I have a law that I think would be great:  No Charlines allowed in the Fae kingdom!

The Charlines is plural, they're allowed to have one. :3

Shadrok

Quote from: Alondro on June 08, 2007, 08:15:31 AM

They might have amended the law.
"All non fae must roll a 6 or 7 to enter the kingdom or they shall exsplode."

Quote from: Kenji on June 08, 2007, 10:30:15 AM
The Charlines is plural, they're allowed to have one. :3

You mean there's more then one Charline :boggle

Illusionist

Zedd

Lets settle off and belive theres a chance seeing fae kingdom again

Taerkar

I think that explains more than a few blue laws in this country.

Sadly, others can be explained through different, somewhat more depressing means.