06/04/07 [#792] Inside Joke

Started by AndersW, June 04, 2007, 12:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

He got tired of not understanding them.  He just wants to see something go boom.

techmaster-glitch

nikename2

E=mc*2 much?   >:3

Although they are probably gonna tie him up and drag him to the fae kingdom, and he still has to deal with Lorenda.

Netrogo

I'm really hoping this doesn't lead to the Lorenda thing being put off again.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

techmaster-glitch

And yet, that will almost certainly happen.  :cry

Netrogo

Well considering Lorenda was the one to catch Jy and try to talk to him I'm hoping she might take this chance to pull him away and get it over with.

AndersW

No, Amber couldn't delay it any more if she tried.  She could delay us from seeing it.  But not delay its actual happening.

Edit: it appears that it is far too late for me to be both reading and understanding this.

Netrogo

Oh GOD don't say that. Saying 'she couldn't if she tried' is like a DIRECT challenge. Now if she sees this she's going to laugh maniacally and have some insane series of events occur that results in Jyras being transported to an alternate world that he's imprisonned in for a year leaving this put off for that plus however long it takes him to get home.

Or something worse!

Valynth

I hope it's the "or worse" part 'cause bad things happen when forum-goers predict Amber's creative movements....  Terrible things....  Horrible things....  Slighty gasy things...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Fuyudenki

huh.  OK, so this is the discussion topic.  Personally, I think the other one was more on-topic, but eh, not my place.

What I said in mined topic was... does this mean the universe has been destroyed and rebuilt at least once already?  Reminds me of 2401-Penitent Tangent's line in Halo 2: "Not true! This installation has a successful utilization record of 1.2 trillion simulated and 1 actual. It is ready to fire on demand."

LionHeart

Quote from: AndersW on June 04, 2007, 12:00:28 AM
He got tired of not understanding them.  He just wants to see something go boom.
I know that feeling...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Netrogo

Maybe if we all post rediculous off the wall theories about everything BUT them talking it out, Amber will turn around and just to spite us post them talking it out.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Xeksue on June 04, 2007, 12:04:43 AM
E=mc*2 much?   >:3

Times two?  I'd make a crack about the atomic bomb not being all that dangerous anymore but the units don't match up.   :mowhappy

kaskar

:mowmeep         Maybe Jyrras and Lorenda are being conned to go into the fae kingdom as 'witnesses', in this escapade. It seems that Mab wanted a zany adventure today, like it or not, Jyrass ...
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 04, 2007, 12:40:14 AM
E=mc*2 much?   >:3
Times two?    :mowhappy  I'd make a crack about the atomic bomb not being all that dangerous anymore but the units don't match up.   :mowhappy
Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 12:37:58 AM
:mowmeep Maybe if we all post rediculous off the wall theories about everything BUT them talking it out, Amber will turn around and just to spite us post them talking it out. 
Quote from: AndersW on June 04, 2007, 12:00:28 AM:mowmeep He got tired of not understanding them.  He just wants to see something go boom.  :mowmeep
:mowmeep Seems the Fae kingdom can be very dangerous to the uninitiated user here ...  :mowmeep
Quote from: Netrogo nk=topic=2890.msg120932#msg120932 date=1180930610Well considering Lorenda was the one to catch Jy and try to talk to him I'm hoping she might take this chance to pull him away and get it over with.
Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 12:25:11 AM
Oh GOD don't say that. Saying 'she couldn't if she tried' is like a DIRECT challenge. Now if she sees this she's going to laugh maniacally and have some insane series of events occur that results in Jyras being transported to an alternate world that he's imprisonned in for a year leaving this put off for that plus however long it takes him to get home.
Or something worse!
:mowmeep       Will Mab also invite the rest of the Lost Lake gang into the Fae kingdom ?  :mowmeep         
Quote from: AndersW on June 04, 2007, 12:18:12 AM
No, Amber couldn't delay it any more if she tried.  She could delay us from seeing it.  But not delay its actual happening.

Edit: it appears that it is far too late for me to be both reading and understanding this.
:mowmeep                 Will Azlan be there too ? He and Neni could have a child together ...            :mowmeep
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

You know, it occurs to me that one of the absolute best ways to get some quiet time is to work with high explosives.  Particularly if they're the type that are sensitive enough to explode when exposed to sound.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Hellcat

So the universe has already collapsed? :erk  How can you even know that happened anyway?

Netrogo

The fae seem incapable of any kind of normal demise outside of deciding too. Existance ending must be a minor inconvenience to them :mowhappy

nikename2

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 04, 2007, 12:40:14 AM
E=mc^2 much?   >:3

Times two?  I'd make a crack about the atomic bomb not being all that dangerous anymore but the units don't match up.   :mowhappy

Fixed.  :P

If the universe collapsed space-time would cease. The only ones that could exist would be Fae, because they can only not exist if they will it to be, and any dragon that severed their bond to time to travel to a point where it would be possible to exist, which would basically be any time before the end of that time and possibly the beginning of an arbitrarily large number of new timelines, each a different new reality.  :mowdizzy

SpottedKitty

Did anyone else read Nutmeg's lines here and find out they worked a lot better with a brief, ominous pause just before "again"...?   :erk
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

bill

Aridas

Yeah. And learn how to use the quote buttons. the code is simple.

rabid_fox

You know, I think everyone's experienced that conversation from Jy's point of view at some time or another, where two people who know each other well snap off a flurry of intangible phrases and then burst out laughing and you have to go "Ah. Ha. Ha. Uh. Um."

DMFA - satirising the human condition one crushing blow at time.

Oh dear.

Stig Hemmer

It has been a long time since DMFA departed from being about an online game, but one could interpret the conversation as being about a server restart, or possibly a restoration from backup.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

They might be referring to an earlier time when the Fae Realm imploded  (it was suggested that this could be how Destania intends to "end the dragon race" if the Dragons do have their own realm).
Alternatively it could be that Furrae has a cyclic cosmology a'la the big bang and the Fae are actually long-lived enough to have lived through a previous cycle.  But I will say no more about that as I don't want to drag this into another science thread if it will annoy Amber.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*Charles pseudosciences!*  The Fae making the universe implode involves alchemy and the use of beings to create the Philosopher's Stone.

Cubi are thus the homunculi!  ZOMG!!!  I've found the truth!   :U

*Charline appears conveniently from nowhere!*  And now we must erase you so you can tell no one else!  :kruger

*Charles oh-noes!*   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Wolf Plushtoy

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series.

Caswin

Huh, that's an odd expression... for Mab, anyways...

Too good to be true.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on June 04, 2007, 07:39:52 AM
It has been a long time since DMFA departed from being about an online game, but one could interpret the conversation as being about a server restart, or possibly a restoration from backup.

AH but once the universe "reboot"s There is no telling: how much of the present program data was save since the late backup.  Jyrras and Lorenda may not be on the backup disk.  Or Dan... Wait Mab would insure Dan was on the backup, but Biggs or Charline may not be...  MMMmm

I want push the button !!!
I want push the button !!!
  Please Nutmeg I want to press the big round shiny red button that says ..

:mowtongue
PBH
edit sorry spelling

Mischa

I'm finding myself increasingly fond of Nutmeg, despite her tendency to talk about herself in the third person.  Then again, maybe that's an endearing trait.

The relationship between Mab and Nutmeg seems quite complex, however.  I have the feeling that it may not be wise to get two fae into close proximity.

Naldru

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 04, 2007, 12:14:57 PM
Quote from: Stig Hemmer on June 04, 2007, 07:39:52 AM

AH but once the universe "reboot"s There is no telling: how much of the present program data was save since the late backup.  Jyrras and Lorenda may not be on the backup disk.  Or Dan... Wait Mab would unsure Dan was on the backup, but Biggs or Charline may not be...  MMMmm

PBH

Does anyone out there remember the last few episodes of the television series Reboot.  (I don't think it was shown in USA, but was available on DVD.)  After the universe was rebooted at the end, they ended up with two Enzo's of different ages.  Can you picture there being two Abel's and two Dan's.

I don't think it was ever said what get Mab exiled from the fae dimension.  Destroying the universe might do it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.