2007-05-18 Ouch (Abel 90)

Started by superluser, May 18, 2007, 01:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

It's much more fun when the verbal sparring comes from both sides.  Aniz seems to enjoy twisting the knife.

Edit: Also, a few years is probably not enough for May to live comfortably on.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Yea I know what you mean. If he's just gonna leave May traumatized like this she might end up offing herself or something.  :<

Kenji

Well, he's still not as big a di@k as Superman, but he's gettin close. Tsk tsk.

techmaster-glitch

Before Cid came around an evening with you was pretty cheap...
or so the town would say...

Oh.
That.
Is.
COLD. :(

Zedd

Oh peachy..I give you this and that speach

Manawolf

Fuyudenki

Ah, that's comforting.  Apparently, he wasn't planning on killing her, then.

Oh shoot, did you see May's eyes in the last panel?  I think Aniz may not get to take Abel anywhere!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Manawolf on May 18, 2007, 01:19:11 AM
Ass...Hole!
yeah, no kidding.

MAN, I cannot think of any words in the English language to describe the level of assholery that Aniz has raised/lowered himself to...

There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men... for this ASSHOLERY!!
Excuse for above quote: I'm sleep-deprived  :P

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 18, 2007, 01:22:26 AM
Oh shoot, did you see May's eyes in the last panel?  I think Aniz may not get to take Abel anywhere!
Actually, I assume that is a reaction to what Aniz says to her in the last two speech bubbles.
But yeah, if Aniz DOES get Abel somehow, I don't think May would be able to handle the shock of...today's events, and commits suicide. Cuz, I mean, DAMN this is one hell of a bad day...

nikename2

Ah yeah, hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned.  :mwaha

stiletto

Ouch is right. Aniz is so weird... and that must have been a pretty good shot to May for her nose to still be bleeding so much.

Guess we can just hope it all turns out to be some big ploy between May and Aniz, but something tells me that's probably not the case.

And this was some bizzaro week of exposition.

MaskedRetriever

Oo, BURN.

Yyyyyyyyeah Aniz is a bastard.  But honestly I'm only rating him on ~evil~ at somewhere between Kria and Jyrras' mom.  Jerkdom actually ~greater~ than Abel/Devin levels, though.

I think at least with Hannya there I think May's got a fighting chance of getting herself back together.  Romantically however yeah she's pretty much shot I'd say.  Aniz is a jerk.

Notice how Abel specified he was an ~honest~ jerk....

Zedd

Then again its one those eat and run moments...Sure make movents of a circle around May...Yeah..kill my dad,f*#k my mom,get alot money and leave...PEACHY AINT IT??

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Xeksue on May 18, 2007, 01:25:32 AM
Ah yeah, hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned.  :mwaha
Unless said woman's massive emotional upheaval renders her unable to express any rage, although she did just barely come close at the "Get out." line. But then she collapsed right back to the delusion that Cid is still alive...

Yes, Aniz COULD be lying, but I seriously doubt that.

Quote from: Zedd on May 18, 2007, 01:31:38 AM
Then again its one those eat and run moments...Sure make movents of a circle around May...Yeah..kill my dad,f*#k my mom,get alot money and leave...PEACHY AINT IT??
I know, that is just so wrong on so many levels...

superluser

I just thought I'd point out that Aniz in panel 4 is beautifully rendered.  Catching the hair and tail in mid-fall is adorable.

Admiring that panel, I did notice that Abel's wing is there, but Abel is not.  Has Abel turned around?  Is he bending over (perhaps nausea has gotten to him)?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

May's probably going to try and kill Aniz at this point.

Brunhidden

I fully expect Aniz to get a steaming pile of very sharp wife to the face. It hurts like the fiery weasels of the damned and they DONT LET GO.

QuoteLove is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig, and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

multani82

well we have seen what happens when someone tries to bring up that part about her past. T hey usually end up with a severe concussion and missing wit.  >:3

Madd the Sane

Quote from: superluser on May 18, 2007, 01:57:36 AM
... I did notice that Abel's wing is there, but Abel is not.  Has Abel turned around?  Is he bending over (perhaps nausea has gotten to him)?
Directional Vomiting!  The best way to show someone you REALLY hate them!
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Nino

Quote from: superluser on May 18, 2007, 01:57:36 AM
I just thought I'd point out that Aniz in panel 4 is beautifully rendered.  Catching the hair and tail in mid-fall is adorable.

You beat me to saying it. I didn't think Aniz was cute up until that panel. His hair and tail are so long and pretty D=

kaskar

If May acts fast, she may thwart Aniz with legalities for divorce, thus getting a better payout. Aniz doesn't want to be stuck around that dump of a house. Aniz pays, he is legally free and single, no ties. If Aniz tries to skip town, May sends in a real adventurer fit for this type of job. ( bad debt collector )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aridas

"better" payout? How? divorce doesn't make things materialize out of thin air. Just what the hell are you saying? I can't make any sense of it...

Zina

Quote from: kaskar on May 18, 2007, 02:25:44 AM

If May acts fast, she may thwart Aniz with legal for divorce, thus getting a better payout. Aniz doesn't want to be stuck around that dump of a house. Aniz pays, he is legally free and single, no ties. If Aniz tries to skip town, May sends in a real adventurer fit for this type of job. ( bad debt collector )

That is, if you want to assume Furre works with the same legal system as we do.

kaskar

Quote from: Zina on May 18, 2007, 02:35:59 AM
Quote from: kaskar on May 18, 2007, 02:25:44 AM
      If May acts fast, she may thwart Aniz with legal for divorce, thus getting a better payout. Aniz doesn't want to be stuck around that dump of a house. Aniz pays, he is legally free and single, no ties. If Aniz tries to skip town, May sends in a real adventurer fit for this type of job. ( bad debt collector )

That is, if you want to assume Furre works with the same legal system as we do.

The laws for monetry gain, decendancy, and many more laws like 'no parking between ...' seem to have held hold so far. Would the divorce laws be too dissimilar ? She would not do it for just a bit of money. She would do it for a shit load of money now, just to twist that knife between Aniz's ribs ...

Zina

They could be, you never know. *shrug*
Besides, the law system in general seems to be very different. Creature/Being conflicts seem to be rather sticky situations, and handled differently. That's the whole reason adventurers were employed in the first place.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 18, 2007, 02:29:10 AM
"better" payout? How? divorce doesn't make things materialize out of thin air. Just what the hell are you saying? I can't make any sense of it...
Um, wasn't it said that 'cubi could create gold out of thin air(or atleast easily)? If that is so, Aniz can create as much money as he wants for May, though it doesn't seem like he would want to.

Im sure I saw a comic to that effect...

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

kaskar

Robbie, that comment came from Abel in the 'gratitous economic tutorial' that Abel gave Jy-Jy at the mall ...

Ouai

Is Aniz saying May was a whore?

Just want to make sure.

Fex

Man Aniz is really becoming an ass a few strips back he was just anoying >.>

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 18, 2007, 02:07:25 AM
May's probably going to try and kill Aniz at this point.
<nod> She's certainly got what seems to be an about-to-go-for-the-throat* look in her eyes.

* Or other within-reach part of a certain Cubi's anatomy...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Zedd

I expect in a few more pages..Fists will fly most likey