4-23-2007 [778] Axing for it

Started by Manawolf, April 22, 2007, 11:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

This is why you keep a sword tucked away for random violent encounters.

Kenji

Nonsense, what he needs is axe repellant.

Manawolf

Cogidubnus

This is the first DMFA that made me laugh in a long time. :3

Good to see Sunshine and Cookies having fun again.

Roureem Egas

Ah, such fun they're having. I guess setting the lake on fire wasn't such a spectacle.

Aurawyn

Haha..

Thats really good advise.. You should Always Make sure the first hit counts.. kuz you never know if you'll get a second one of not...  >:3

techmaster-glitch

Amber. Is. Stalling. Jyrras. And. Lorenda. AGAIN. GHAAAAAAAA!!!!! :tantrum :headdesk :cuss :boom :chainsaw

naw, jk.

Seriously, how long can she keep doing it? Its been like this for *checks* four arcs now, including the new one!

Valynth

no, you see, what Dan needs is a S&W model 686....  Now where would he get one of those?  
*tosses one of his loaded spares into a dimensional vortex*
Oops... :shifty
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kenji

Interesting arc name, I must say. Yes indeed...

superluser

There's something about Dan's outfit and hair that makes him look like he's just come back from church.  I like it!

Also, the staging of that last panel is very unlike most DMFA.  Most shots with two people seem to have them in the foreground, extending beyond the bottom of the panel (see panels 1 and 2, but also look at a lot of A Recipe for Disasters.  A lot of the threats or attacks fall into this category).  Also, I'm surprised by the space left in front of Dan.  Amber doesn't usually leave that much room for implied movement.  It's different, but not necessarily in a good or bad way.  Just thought I'd point it out.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kenji on April 23, 2007, 12:13:46 AM
Interesting arc name, I must say. Yes indeed...
I concur. I can't wait to see where this arc will go...

though it does sound like Amber is going to prove-YET AGAIN- that plots are optional, and is going to continue putting off all still-running plot devises (i.e., the Creature Council is after Jyrras, Biggs' and Destania's plan to end the Dragons, JYRRAS AND LORENDA... ect. ect.)

Nino

I'm surprised nobody has made an "axe effect" joke.

Hmm, Dan isn't wearing his robe. Guess Amber finally decided always having one outfit per character is unrealistic?

Oh, and this may be the Mab arc we've all been waiting for. It's only been like what, five or six years since DMFA started? Bought time Mab gets an arc considering it's "Dan and MAB'S Furry Adventures" =P

I want to know if Lorenda is lez or just trying to hook Jyrras up though!

Zedd

Amber is a little trenchbucket of surpizes :3

Kenji

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2007, 12:26:46 AM

It's obvious she's both and just wants to start yet another love triangle.
She watches too many soap operas, ya see.

Nino

Quote from: Kenji on April 23, 2007, 12:29:15 AM

It's obvious she's both and just wants to start yet another love triangle.
She watches too many soap operas, ya see.

Of course, it WAS obvious! How could I have missed that? My interpretative skills must be suffering from the constand procrastination studying.

Phew. Well at least we got that straightened out now.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Dude... I thought that was a shovel.
But now that I see that it's wood he's carrying I understand what it is/can see it for what it truly is. (... yeah, I'm not sure why I said that either)
So, I'm thinking that Alexsi sent them out to get wood so atleast they got their job done, but then on further thought I figure that what actually happened is that they were sent to chop the wood, meaning they haven't even started.

Zedd

They will chop something alright...If they dont be careful

Reese Tora

Quote from: Manawolf on April 22, 2007, 11:58:41 PM
This is why you keep a sword tucked away for random violent encounters.

Unfortunately, dan did not happen to be wearing his dress today.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Fuyudenki

they've already been out chopping wood, Dan's carrying some logs.

Just goes to show that nothing quite beats Dan and Abel messing around for a good laugh, though I wonder what Dan did to Abel this time.

You should stop reading this post right here.  The rest is the stupid ramblings of a fanboy on not enough sleep.

I find it amusing and utterly pointless to note that Dan's running pose is quite similar to one I practiced for the next page in my own comic, in which the primary male protagonist is being chased.  I'm quite happy with how that one turned out, now to finish the second panel.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?  I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ THAT!

Ouai

If Dan needed to stop Abel all he would need to do is cut his finger a little and
show it to him.   :P

I think Dan just likes running... you know, to keep in shape and all :ipod

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 23, 2007, 02:45:06 AM

Just goes to show that nothing quite beats Dan and Abel messing around for a good laugh, though I wonder what Dan did to Abel this time.

I immediately thought of the spiders.  Looks like Dan and Abel's "fresh start" has gone down a treat.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rythak

Well when i cut down trees with my brother uasally we make a deal over who choppes the tree into manageable pieces and who carrys those pieces over our 4 acres of land. This could auctually just be  a fredly woodchopping experience is a sort of ummm Dan vs. Abel way.     1 more thing... what happened to Dan's good clothes?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 23, 2007, 02:45:06 AM

Yes, and if Abel isn't careful, he's going to cause Dan to drop some of them.

Funny, this suddenly reminds me of this strip frmo a completely different web comic:
http://whiteponyproductions.com/comicstrips/ctc/ctc0152.htm
Only it probably shouldn't.
(the non-animated version doesn't seem to be avaiable, oh well...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

MT Hazard

That's not a wood axe he's carrying, maybe more of Abel's 'Origami' ?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Hellcat

Hmm, Dan isn't wearing his robe. Guess Amber finally decided always having one outfit per character is unrealistic?

It ain't that unrealistic, why take me for example, I've been wearing the same aquamarine top with dark jeans combination for nearly two years now.  :lol I have about 12 of the same top and jeans. Don't know how that theme started though

Hnix

All hail Queen Mab? Interesting chapter name. 3 cookies says that this will happen again. :tohell

superluser

Quote from: Ouai on April 23, 2007, 03:04:53 AMIf Dan needed to stop Abel all he would need to do is cut his finger a little and show it to him.

I don't think that Abel actually has any murderous tendencies toward Dan, so if Dan really did cut his finger, Dan would be taking things too seriously.  Remember, it's all fun and games until someone gets vasovagal syncope.

Quote from: Rythak on April 23, 2007, 04:52:32 AMWell when i cut down trees with my brother uasally we make a deal over who choppes the tree into manageable pieces and who carrys those pieces over our 4 acres of land.

Ding!  We have a winner.  What's more, often times wood is chopped and stacked in larger pieces than people need.  You take that larger wood and bring it back to the chopping block, where you chop it into more manageable pieces.

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on April 23, 2007, 05:51:45 AMI've been wearing the same aquamarine top with dark jeans combination for nearly two years now.  :lol I have about 12 of the same top and jeans. Don't know how that theme started though

She's like Superman!

RobbieThe1st

Hm... It seems, noone has noticed, but Mab looks much different than she used to, same to a lesser degree with Alexi. I guess its just because Amber hasn't drawn either of them in a while.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

superluser

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 23, 2007, 06:32:46 AMHm... It seems, noone has noticed, but Mab looks much different than she used to, same to a lesser degree with Alexi. I guess its just because Amber hasn't drawn either of them in a while.

Maybe Mab, but Alexsi looks pretty normal.  It's a different pose than Alexsi usually takes, so that's probably why you think she's being drawn differently.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: superluser on April 23, 2007, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 23, 2007, 06:32:46 AMHm... It seems, noone has noticed, but Mab looks much different than she used to, same to a lesser degree with Alexsi. I guess its just because Amber hasn't drawn either of them in a while.

Maybe Mab, but Alexsi looks pretty normal.  It's a different pose than Alexsi usually takes, so that's probably why you think she's being drawn differently.
Yea, as i said.. Slightly. But i can see what you mean - If Mab looked the same as she did in the older comics, I probly wouldn't have noticed it...

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.