2007-04-16 [775] Aww...Freak out!

Started by superluser, April 15, 2007, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Heh.  Kria's sticking her tongue out.

Also--is that rickshaw being driven by livestock or a sentient being?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zorro

Yay Freak....So Schick!

YEAH I LIKE DISCO so sue me!   :)

Stygian

Quote from: Zorro on April 16, 2007, 12:01:55 AM
YEAH I LIKE DISCO so sue me!   :)

Right. You have neither style nor class. That's not a crime, but it is really recommended. So there will be no lawsuit, but don't expect to hold on to your dignity. :3

Anyway, little Kria's consternation confounds me completely.

Cogidubnus

Why, exactly, is Kria freaking out?  :<

Ah, wait...the spying. Right.

Zedd

Someone call those nicemen in those fashionable white coats!

superluser

Quote from: Zorro on April 16, 2007, 12:01:55 AMYay Freak....So Schick!

It's ``Le Freak, C'est Chic.''

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 16, 2007, 12:05:54 AMWhy, exactly, is Kria freaking out?  :<

Shouldn't be that bad for her.  Though now if she gets caught, she can't claim that she's stalking her daughter.

Nino

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 16, 2007, 12:05:54 AM
Why, exactly, is Kria freaking out?  :<

Nope... wings.

Reese Tora

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 11:59:09 PM
Heh.  Kria's sticking her tongue out.

I see jewelery, my vote is sentient being. 

Also, since there's been no evidence to suggest that Lorenda owns her own vehicle, there would have to be a driver somewhere if the gryphon was livestock.

Unless, of course, that pendant is actually a control pendant that uses magic (or a sufficiently advanced science) to control the gryphon and make him/her perform in the desired manner.
*runs off to find the comic dealing with the types of gryphons*
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Brunhidden

I dont know why shes having a problem, if my daughter sprouted wings an entirely diffrent set of thoughts would go through my head.

QuoteTheyre coming to take me away
HA-HA!
Theyre coming to take me away.
those nice little men in thier bright white coats are coming to take me away!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LoneHowler

wings and relationship trouble.

Love the griffin pulling the rickshaw
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Kenji

Seeing Lorenda scoot away in the cart makes me think of the Disney movies where the princess heads off to the ball...

LoneHowler

oh I just noticed the argument over the griffin's sentience it's in the DEMO. 101 http://www.missmab.com/Demo/gryphonb.php
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better

superluser

QuoteThe most common place to find them would be a shaw service they offer to transport non-teleporting beings to various locations.

Am I the only one who finds this terribly exploitative?

LoneHowler

Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 12:42:27 AM
QuoteThe most common place to find them would be a shaw service they offer to transport non-teleporting beings to various locations.

Am I the only one who finds this terribly exploitative?

I think they might be running the service, as many shaw runners in our city own their cart and make quite a bundle from tourists. plus the griffin looked quite happy

Zorro

Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 12:16:02 AM
Quote from: Zorro on April 16, 2007, 12:01:55 AMYay Freak....So Schick!

It's ``Le Freak, C'est Chic.''

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 16, 2007, 12:05:54 AMWhy, exactly, is Kria freaking out?  :<

Shouldn't be that bad for her.  Though now if she gets caught, she can't claim that she's stalking her daughter.

I Admit you are a bigger Disco Nerd than me.   :)

superluser

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 16, 2007, 12:55:16 AMI think they might be running the service, as many shaw runners in our city own their cart and make quite a bundle from tourists. plus the griffin looked quite happy

I guess it's just that my country had a rather nasty bit of relatively recent history using people as forced labor.  It's hard for me to see sentient creatures as beasts of burden.  But when the beasts of burden are also sentient...ooh, I think I need a lie down.

Quote from: Zorro on April 16, 2007, 12:56:43 AMI Admit you are a bigger Disco Nerd than me.   :)

Heck, I don't even like Disco.  I had to look up the lyrics, but I knew that they were French.

kaskar

So Kria is left to freak out by herself out of sight, and then relax at Rita's house of pointy's store, shopping .
Then she just might get her things out from storage, and go on a short term rampage, maybe ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Zedd

I swear the cow lass is driving with style alll pimmped out carts and gryphons! *quick like mockery gang signs then a quicker almost undetected nazi salute*

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 01:13:13 AM
It's hard for me to see sentient creatures as beasts of burden.  But when the beasts of burden are also sentient...ooh, I think I need a lie down.

Redundancy HO!

In this case, it would be like saying you have a hard time seeing taxi drivers being exploited because they drive people from one place to another.  While there is a physical difference in that the gryphon actually is doing the labor of the movement, for most Gryphon B types it isn't an issue.  You can be assured that the gryphons are getting paid for their services, and that the gryphons who are doing the shaws are proud of their jobs. (Odds are the cart was passed down from generations)

No, in this case if you want to get a Griff talking about being exploited, you just mention the modern vehicles and planes that have been starting to crop up due to technology and nudging in on their jobs...

Manawolf

In other words, they're rickshaws drivers in their own right.  From what media and entertainment has led people to believe, it's origins and popularity as a mode of transport would be in East Asia.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 16, 2007, 01:27:29 AMRedundancy HO!

Don't make me get into a multipage discussion of the imperfect copulative nature of the English verb of being. (I'll do it!  I once started a flame war about the subjunctive mood!)  Suffice it to say that when all beasts of burden are sentient, it doesn't mean that all sentient beings are beasts of burden.

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 16, 2007, 01:27:29 AMIn this case, it would be like saying you have a hard time seeing taxi drivers being exploited because they drive people from one place to another.  While there is a physical difference in that the gryphon actually is doing the labor of the movement, for most Gryphon B types it isn't an issue.

Well, for me, it's the fact that I have two perfectly good legs.  Why can't I use those?  Do I need someone to chew my food for me, too?

(Sorry, I guess this is just a personal pet peeve; it doesn't seem to bother anyone else.  It may be a side affect of joining the Libertarian Party.)

Anyways, that's not what I came back for.  I came back because I noticed that we didn't see Lorenda talking to Bernadette.  Yet Lorenda got a devilish idea from hearing Bernadette talking about how her date cheated on her.

That couldn't mean that Lorenda is planning to make it look like she's...

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on April 16, 2007, 01:46:09 AM
Suffice it to say that when all beasts of burden are sentient, it doesn't mean that all sentient beings are beasts of burden.

Actually there are quite a few beasts of burden that aren't sentient.  Its just the gryphons have a pretty good handle on the transportation industry. :3

QuoteWell, for me, it's the fact that I have two perfectly good legs.  Why can't I use those?  Do I need someone to chew my food for me, too?

You could note Kria chose to travel home herself, so you might not be too alone in your assessment.  However, Gryphons have flight routes, go a lot faster, have no worry of giant gryphon attacks, and a few have teleporting skills.  There are a lot of reasonable reasons someone might prefer hiring transport.  The real question would be where is Lorenda at if she is needing a gryphon-shaw to get home since before most DMFA characters have always walked to their locations.

kaskar

You mean there that Lorenda's going to make a demonic plan, not a devilish plan . Remember, Lorenda is a Demon - Cow . ( note to superluser )

Manawolf

That, and gryphons are also used for transport in Furrae, the game DMFA is based off.

And how can you cheat on someone you're not even dating?  All that will do is get you kicked out faster, hurt someone's feelings perhaps all the more, and simply being someone you don't want to be...your mom.

Sienna Maiu - M T

ah yes... good old fashioned option number three. Nothing happens.

Quote from: superluser on April 15, 2007, 11:59:09 PM
The way I see it, it's like the Gryphens' entrepreneurial business.
Ah, as Miss Amber clears-up quite nicely.

Manawolf

And while I haven't played WoW, I think I've seen gryphons as a form of transport in that game as well.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 16, 2007, 01:51:33 AMHowever, Gryphons have flight routes, go a lot faster, have no worry of giant gryphon attacks, and a few have teleporting skills.  There are a lot of reasonable reasons someone might prefer hiring transport.  The real question would be where is Lorenda at if she is needing a gryphon-shaw to get home since before most DMFA characters have always walked to their locations.

So they're flying/teleporting rickshaws?  Nevermind then.  I might use one myself.

Also, I might be wrong, but Jyrras seemed to be within walking distance of Lost Lake.  I think he's been there three days in a row.  So that means that this mall is far off.  Makes sense.  It doesn't look like the mall from the middle of Chapter 19 and you don't put two major malls within walking distance of each other.

Quote from: kaskar on April 16, 2007, 01:53:07 AMYou mean there that Lorenda's going to make a demonic plan, not a devilish plan

So I guess it can't be a diabolical plan, either.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 16, 2007, 01:56:48 AMAnd how can you cheat on someone you're not even dating?  All that will do is get you kicked out faster, hurt someone's feelings perhaps all the more, and simply being someone you don't want to be...your mom.

Well, she could properly cheat on him if she took him out.  Or just bring someone over and start locking lips (make that someone Dan or Abel for maximum trauma).  ``Oh, er.  I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner.''  It's a bit of an easier let-down if you know that it was never possible in the first place.

Of course, that wouldn't take after Lorenda's mom; that would take after her dad.  I suppose that would be a bad thing.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Manawolf on April 16, 2007, 02:12:22 AM
And while I haven't played WoW, I think I've seen gryphons as a form of transport in that game as well.

You are correct, sir.

Of course, WoW gryphons are not in the same league as DMFA/Furrae gryphons.

Gryphons have been used as mounts, sentient or not, in many fantasy genre, along with hypogryphs, dragons, wyverns, giant water ticks, and so on.  In some fantasy settings, the sentient ones will work as beasts of burden in the same way that people will be hired to perform menial tasks such as loading and unloading ships, or they will even own and operate thier own transport services(notably, in the Spellsinger series by Alan Dean Foster, equines and bovines are not bipedal, but are sentient).
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

thegayhare

Ever read the "Iron Dragons Daughter"?

Way to much sex in it for my tastes but every vehical or means of transport is sentiant.  Horses and dragons are built on assembly lines as sentent mechanical ceatures.  Hell at one point they described an arial chase between dragons (which are alot like jet fighters with internal cockpits and the like)  one dragon's radar could sens the other loading a missle it could even sense the missles excitment over being fired.

So in that one not only are the beasts of burden sentiant but some of the projectiles are too

kaskar

If you want to get home in safety, take a hand drawn Gryphon , in case of a Gryphon alert !