3/21/07 Cubi: Are You Lost, Little Girl?

Started by Akisohida, March 20, 2007, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

Ok, that snake looks like it has Beholder in its ancestry. Man, could you imagine glasses for that thing?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Boog

... I wanna see THOSE in demonology! Mind things are awesome to begin with, but that thing's just great.

Remember kids, be careful who you ask for directions from!

familyghost

That thing reminds me of a bad D&D dream after I had some burritos...

I'd rather not talk about it...

xHaZxMaTx

Oooh, creepy, I can imagine the voice - deep and raspy, but very loud. :erk

Zedd

See thats why I dont like peeking into heads

Aisha deCabre

Hoooooly sniz! oO;

'Cubi aren't the only Creatures who can enter dreams, eh?  First thing that said to me was Mythos there...though, I'd think one's dreams in Furrae aren't exactly safe with more than one lurking kind.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

superluser

Quote from: Haz on March 20, 2007, 10:16:20 PMOooh, creepy, I can imagine the voice - deep and raspy, but very loud. :erk

Is this it?

Yay!  I thought that jagged line looked a bit odd.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kasarn

I've always kind of wondered what sort of monsters exist in the DMFA world.
I guess they probably exist in the Mythos super-category...

In any case, larger pic plz :3

Manawolf

The Dream Larvae, the horrors that are born from the deepest recesses of twisted minds, and go from there.

Meech

Since cubi don't sleep, Can this be classified as a nightmare for them?  The look on her face shows that she is obviously going to have a bad night.  I now wonder what kind of harm these other creatures can do to cubi in others dreams.  Is she going to die?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Meech on March 20, 2007, 10:31:31 PM
Since cubi don't [need to] sleep...
:3

Oh, and superluser, I don't have sound on this computer, so I have no idea. :<

superluser

Quote from: Haz on March 20, 2007, 10:40:46 PMOh, and superluser, I don't have sound on this computer, so I have no idea. :<

Why are you wearing headphones, then?

Anyways, this is a little more textual.  Doesn't help that old time radio is mainly an auditory experience.

Zedd

Maybe we dont need to sleep cause its boring and not much to do when theirs nothing going on..Just sleep would be nice....*sleeps on the couch*

Manawolf

Since cubi don't sleep, Can this be classified as a nightmare for them?  The look on her face shows that she is obviously going to have a bad night.  I now wonder what kind of harm these other creatures can do to cubi in others dreams.  Is she going to die?

If it is a Dream Larvae, it will be her last night.

Amber Williams

familyghost

Quote from: Manawolf on March 20, 2007, 10:50:45 PM

If it is a Dream Larvae, it will be her last night.

I was just about to ask about the poor cubi's survival chances... I too would like to know what a dream larvae is...

Wanderer

It's a freaky-looking critter, resembling a dragon in basic (very basic) shape but not in overall appearance. It is also one of the freakier things I've seen in DMFA, although somewhat less so than the SAIA librarian.

While I can't say what might happen to her, it's a fair bet that the rest of her night is NOT going to be pleasant. If she lives through it, that is.

Kenji

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 20, 2007, 10:52:37 PMI have no clue what a dream larvae is.

No clue, either.  Let's look it up (I haven't read the whole page, so some parts might be NSFW)!

Hmm.  ``terrors who escape dream into the waking world...large humanoid shapes composed of thousands of crawling larval worms...horns, a cruelly fanged mouth, four arms ending in claws, and four in pincers''

Maybe Manawolf is wrong?

Zedd

Oh yeah..You wanted requests what to do next dont ya Amber...I say fashion!

familyghost

Quote from: Wanderer on March 20, 2007, 10:56:54 PM
It's a freaky-looking critter, resembling a dragon in basic (very basic) shape but not in overall appearance. It is also one of the freakier things I've seen in DMFA, although somewhat less so than the SAIA librarian.

While I can't say what might happen to her, it's a fair bet that the rest of her night is NOT going to be pleasant. If she lives through it, that is.

The very first thing that popped into my head after reading this was an image from Ghastly's Ghastly Comic with the little Tentacle monster running around shouting "Tentacoo Wape..." 

I know, I need help...

But first Dungeons and Dragons Online!

Amber Williams

The particular critter is a Mythos (when I said they come in all types, I wasnt joking around), though I didnt base him off any concept other than my own...so I'd be cautious about comparing him to a D&D beastiary. Like the Librarian, this guy tends to have enough quirks about him that making too many comparisons will likely lead you into the way wrong idea.

Manawolf

Dream Larvae are also able to transform, usually into a person's worst fear, so they can take on just about any shape they wish in order to subdue their prey.

Eh, for now I just say she's lucky it isn't, because even someone like Falina may have trouble dealing with a dream larvae.

Many things can be born from dreams, I was just using one of the most nastiest ones as an example.

Netami

Obviously that is a rip off of Trogdor. Look at the beefy back arm!

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

Alondro

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 20, 2007, 11:45:38 PM
It's... Tapewolf on a bad hair day?

*Charles snickers* I was thinking it'd be Ink on one of his better nights!  I can hear his voice in that condescending tone.   ;)

*Charline will leave Charles' punishment up to the good, evil doctor*

*Charles*  :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

well... I was kinda close... they're both grey-ish... and .. and other stuff..

Damaris

Mana, that's like me breaking out the boggart from Harry Potter to compare to your Dream Larvae.  They are completely unrelated, and the whole thing would be quite ridiculous.

Seriously.  D&D is not the Bible.  DMFA, for that matter, is not D&D.  Save some money, and your poor Monster Manual's spine, and stop breaking out the book in subforums that do not relate to roleplaying.

Any more D&D influenced speculation and I will be forced to let Darkmoon have some fun.  If you're frustrating me, then it's likely you're annoying others, and I doubt the other admins will argue much.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears