3-21-07 [#764] Bernadette

Started by Faerie Alex, March 20, 2007, 10:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Link

Seriously though, what other types of corsets are there? I thought they all laced up. (Total n00b question, huh?)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Meech

There are some that lace up from the front.  Others lace up from the back but have buttons on the front so that you can fit it once and then take it on or off as you please.  Then there are those that only lace up from the back.

Edit:  There are now some that have a zipper along the side.  I am not sure if these have any laces on them.

familyghost

*stares at Bernadette*

I don't usually go for women outside my species/dimesnion but she is a vision...

kittyblackrabbit

Quote from: Meech on March 20, 2007, 10:05:51 PM
There are some that lace up from the front.  Others lace up from the back but have buttons on the front so that you can fit it once and then take it on or off as you please.  Then there are those that only lace up from the back.

Edit:  There are now some that have a zipper along the side.  I am not sure if these have any laces on them.

The ones with zippers on the sides still have laces in the back for show.

Though corests with buttons i've not seen. i've seen corsets with hook eye closers in either the front of back, which are more convient, there are also corests that have laces in both the front and back

Teroniss

The ones that lace up from the back only tend to be the most common and the ones you generally find amongst southern belles, civil war reinactors, and 17-18th century british nobility.

DigitalMan

*stares and blinks* Am I the only one concerned that people here know so much about corsets?

Meech

Off of the corset topic.

What is the symbol next to the symbol for women?

Zedd

Teroniss

Its probably a symbol for their mythos customers. As to why alot of ppl know so much about corsets, well, I live in the south for one and two, Im a big renaissance festival person as well as SCA. I run into corset wearers alot.

Manawolf

Wait, does this mean she'll be a returning character?

Meech

Not necessarily.  Her name actually wasn't mentioned in the comic.

Tezkat

Quote from: Meech on March 20, 2007, 10:21:18 PM
Off of the corset topic.

There was a similar symbol on the boy's room in SAIA. This might be the female equivalent.

Quote from: Amber Panyko
Hint 3: The symbol on the door is part of a ward warning. There are a few more genders out there than simple guy/girl...not to mention girls who made themselves guys and guys who made themselves girls full time and all sorts of wacky combinations of other things. Because of this, it can make washrooms and bathrooms of public domain awkward(and a bad subject for pranks) The sign on the door is more or less a ward that keeps those who are not part of the category from entering be it through teleportation or entering. The sign on the right more or less means "default" in Cubi...so as such only males who are naturally males or beleive they are males(Females who have decided to become male, etc) are allowed to enter. This is to keep someone from simply swapping their gender to enter for a prank.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Nino

Quote from: Tezkat on March 20, 2007, 10:41:13 PM
Quote from: Meech on March 20, 2007, 10:21:18 PM
Off of the corset topic.

There was a similar symbol on the boy's room in SAIA. This might be the female equivalent.

Quote from: Amber Panyko
Hint 3: The symbol on the door is part of a ward warning. There are a few more genders out there than simple guy/girl...not to mention girls who made themselves guys and guys who made themselves girls full time and all sorts of wacky combinations of other things. Because of this, it can make washrooms and bathrooms of public domain awkward(and a bad subject for pranks) The sign on the door is more or less a ward that keeps those who are not part of the category from entering be it through teleportation or entering. The sign on the right more or less means "default" in Cubi...so as such only males who are naturally males or beleive they are males(Females who have decided to become male, etc) are allowed to enter. This is to keep someone from simply swapping their gender to enter for a prank.

Wonder where those other genders go to the bathroom.

Anyway, I wonder what Amber has planned. Hmm.

Oh, and I vote genetics!

Manawolf

Like many things, the wards were most likely created for military purposes, but soon found use for the common man.

It's how the internet was invented (despite what Al Gore will tell you).

superluser

Quote from: Tezkat on March 20, 2007, 10:41:13 PMThere was a similar symbol on the boy's room in SAIA. This might be the female equivalent.

Except that the symbol seems to be on a sign pointing to the bathroom, not on the door.  Maybe it's warning that there will be a ward?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on March 20, 2007, 10:52:27 PM
Except that the symbol seems to be on a sign pointing to the bathroom, not on the door.  Maybe it's warning that there will be a ward?

You get a cookie :3

Zorro

Quote from: Manawolf on March 20, 2007, 10:26:03 PM

Well there is that shop there so consider her a NPC.   :)

kittyblackrabbit

Quote from: DigitalMan on March 20, 2007, 10:20:40 PM
*stares and blinks* Am I the only one concerned that people here know so much about corsets?

I own 6. and they arnt painfull :)

devilsislegrl

Quote from: DigitalMan on March 20, 2007, 10:20:40 PM

Corsets are also still often used among fuller figured/large breasted women when a strapless bra is needed...  :erk  ;)

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 20, 2007, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: superluser on March 20, 2007, 10:52:27 PM

*Charles hmms*  Interesting... a ward to keep the magical shape-shifting peeping Tom's of the Furrae out of the ladies room!  I merely assumed it was a different language's symbol for female.  Being symbols vs creature symbols.  

I think the rhino's a carnivore... just cuz Amber likes to do that sort of thing.

Oh come on!  We've already got a demon mare and carnivorous cow!  Is a rhino THAT much of a stretch at this point?   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

I wonder if Bernadette is related to Ken?

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 20, 2007, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: superluser on March 20, 2007, 10:52:27 PMExcept that the symbol seems to be on a sign pointing to the bathroom, not on the door.  Maybe it's warning that there will be a ward?

So...er, what happens when you try to walk/teleport into a place that has that sort of ward?

Do you just bonk right off it and the spell fails, or do you accidentally teleport into a jail cell or does your body cease to exist or...what?

It would seem that something might bad would happen if they need to put a warning on it.

Amber Williams

I said you get a cookie, not a 5 paragraph explanation of the functions behind a gender-restricting ward.  :U

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 21, 2007, 12:31:46 AMI said you get a cookie, not a 5 paragraph explanation of the functions behind a gender-restricting ward.  :U

I'm not asking you to tell me how a gender-restricting ward works.  I'm just asking how a gender-restricting ward works.  And mainly expecting you to say ``Nya ha ha!  I'm never telling you!''

Also, Payroll told me to talk to Mr. Lumbergh and I still haven't received my cookie...

Goatmon

Quote from: Zorro on March 20, 2007, 10:55:43 PM

Think she'll summon the keystone cops to deal with shoplifters? 

*Wonders why he bothered making a joke no one will get*

DigitalMan

Aww, but we want a multi-paragraph explanation :< Maybe just two paragraphs? Pretty please?

Kasarn

Quote from: Goatmon on March 21, 2007, 12:50:24 AM
Quote from: Zorro on March 20, 2007, 10:55:43 PM
Think she'll summon the keystone cops to deal with shoplifters? 

*Wonders why he bothered making a joke no one will get*
That's okay, I polymorphed my d into a D.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 21, 2007, 12:31:46 AM
I said you get a cookie, not a 5 paragraph explanation of the functions behind a gender-restricting ward.  :U

Can't it be a fortune cookie with an unusually highly informative insert?

Netami

I think it's cool that she's introduced a minor character that isn't a cameo. Wow! And she gets to see a main character's boobies, sort've.

Reese Tora

huh, and here I'd thought the symbol in 549 was the warp aci equivalent of the male/female symbols use to mark most bathrooms.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation