13 March 2007 [#761] KILL! KILL! KILL! Shop!

Started by Zorro, March 13, 2007, 09:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

She seems to be a modern Southern Californian!   :mwaha

(ed: *whistles innocently* :-] )

Zedd

Needs some help most defently..Her mind is a corupted PDA with the hades virus

Kenji

That's some luck right there, for anyone nearby. A 1/15 chance of not killing someone!

Tiny crested flint

Shouldn't the Cubi 101 have a separate thread from the regular DMFA?

The thing that is getting to me most about Kria's line of thinking is how she refers to Lorenda as 'the daughter'.  That's not good but I'll let it slide (pah, listen to me talking like I have some sort of authority, heh heh)

Kria's amulet looks like it's pulling off some sort of facial expression in the last panel.  Something close to  :aack

Aisha deCabre

Say, it does, doesn't it?  o.O

I absolutely love both updates.  Dream-surfing as a 'Cubi sounds like a heck of a lot more fun than trying it on your own via mastering the lucid dream.

As for Kria, I wonder how much shopping she's done lately for her not to come up with that immediately.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

GabrielsThoughts

Kria: And while we're shopping we can kill things
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: Boogeyman on March 13, 2007, 10:32:03 PMAnybody else see Kria's thought bubble as the inventory list in an RPG? It highlights down the list until it reaches a usable item. Then it gets to shopping and bing! Select and use.

I was thinking it was closer to the list of possible responses from The Terminator.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Caswin

"KILL!  KILL!  KILL!  Shop!"

I rest my case against "Kria/any remotely sane character".

Yeah, she's oddly cute at the moment.  But still.

*Does the Mab's Land dance (think rain dance, but a lot more ad-libbing and silliness)*
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

luiqui

Quote from: Boogeyman on March 13, 2007, 10:32:03 PM
Anybody else see Kria's thought bubble as the inventory list in an RPG? It highlights down the list until it reaches a usable item. Then it gets to shopping and bing! Select and use.

And that has to be one of the better misuses of cubi abilities. If only they were all known for being such good samaritans when it comes to dreams.

She really needs to sell some of those kill things.

Stygian

She's make a buck, yeah. Especially if she can make them valid over TCP/IP...

Anyhow, who else now sees Kria tricking Lorenda into giving her Jyrras' number? I'm sure she'd like to take care of the roorat, what with him still looking like he's ten or something, and her former line of profession...

Madmann135

Well what do you know... a reply from Kira that doesn't involve the guarantee of death, blood and gore from a situation that comfort is required for a demon. 

Jyrras is a real sweetheart.  Though I wonder what will happen if Lorenda and Jurras have a proper sit down to chat and Kira is listening nearby?

1 out of 100 there is a chance of Kira actually asking Jyrras out on a date and by asking I mean, "were going out on a date or I'm having you for dinner."

but there's more of a chance that Kira would simply walk away happy that Lorenda and Jyrras worked things out properly.

I'm going to do something completely out of my character simply because I want to... OK I just can't help it.

*sneaks around the room in my sneak suit humming the theme song to Mission Impossible*

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Grenn

Quote from: Caswin on March 13, 2007, 10:43:09 PM
*Does the Mab's Land dance (think rain dance, but a lot more ad-libbing and silliness)*

I pictured the Hustle for some reason.... :P

Boog

Quote from: Stygian on March 13, 2007, 11:01:00 PMAnyhow, who else now sees Kria tricking Lorenda into giving her Jyrras' number? I'm sure she'd like to take care of the roorat, what with him still looking like he's ten or something, and her former line of profession...
Silly Styg. Why talk, when you can stalk? She has her binoculars and her assignment, what more could she ask for?
Besides, Kria may be a tad unkind, but I don't think she's cruel enough to date a friend of her daughter. Imagine the awkwardness.

thegayhare

This is probably not going to make any sense but after I read the comic I started to hear the music to the badger song,  I saw a cartoon Kria bouncing up and down

"murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder

shopping, shopping"

some times my brain scares me

Aridas

Wow, Kria landed on the 0. All the Bloodthirsty demons lose, all bets are reopened.

Aurawyn

Quote from: thegayhare on March 13, 2007, 11:26:53 PM
This is probably not going to make any sense but after I read the comic I started to hear the music to the badger song,  I saw a cartoon Kria bouncing up and down

"murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder, murder

shopping, shopping"

some times my brain scares me

LMAO... Need a flash animation of that!

e_voyager

despite the lack of different options i am impressed with Kira's ability to pick the right one. in most Caste killing things might make her daughter feel better but in this case when the problem is worry over a friend  it could really stress he out. look at what we know about Lorenda:
she's strong.
she's a predator.
she's a warrior (remember her railing 'sp?' the hoard?)
he previous problems seemed to revolve around landlords and job loss. i can see how killing things could help. taking thee into account i can understand the default repetition for let's kill things.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Akisohida

Quote from: Grenn on March 13, 2007, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: Caswin on March 13, 2007, 10:43:09 PM

I pictured the Hustle for some reason.... :P

I pictured the Saftey Dance. :D
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

superluser

Quote from: Akisohida on March 14, 2007, 08:17:04 AMWe can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine

We can shop if we want to
We can leave your friend behind
`Cause your friend's clingy and if he's clingy
Well, still he's a fine wine
I say, we can go where we want to
A place Jyrras will never find
And we can act like we come from the demon world
Eat a being to clear your mind
And we can shop

(there's more but it's not quite as fun)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

And here I was thinking, albeit more of Dan than Lorenda...

o/~ I am still living in my parent's place
Lonely and dreaming of Lost Lake
I don't want to be your dream time
I don't want to be your stupid game...

With my quick dance shoes and an old snapshot
I do believe I've found myself a new spot
I don't want to be the bad guy
I don't want to do your sleepwalk dance anymore
I just want to do Dance-Dance moves
Go and try to shake my boot (y)

We can dance beside the ocean
Leave the old arcade
Swing out past the tentacles
Watch out for Cubi

I am still dreaming of your toast
hungry and hollow for all the things you took as boasts
I don't want to be your good time
I don't want to be your emo lunch anymore

I'll dance right out into Ess Ay Eye Ay
Tricked by Fa'Lina in her own weird way
I dont want to be the bad guy
I dont want to do your sleepwalk dance anymore
I just want to feel an Amazon
I just want to find some place to be a Hero

We can dance beside the ocean
Leave the old arcade
Swing out past the tentacles
Watch out for Cubi

... Yeah. It's not what I started thinking of, but what the hey....

Perhaps Pet Shop Boys, with West End Girls? Hmmmm.....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Hmmmm I would like to hear lots of people on this forum sing if they like

MT Hazard

Killing or shopping? Killing and shopping? Killing while shopping!

Everyone here has got to have wanted to kill a shopper at least once, if only to speed up the lines.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Azraelle

*waits as person in line ahead talks with cashier*

"Wait, why did you give me the large size?  I told you, I wanted the medium.  I don't want to pay the extra 25 cents for the large, I want what I ordered.  If I had wanted a large, I would have ordered a large.  Now, I want a full refund, and get your manager out here right now, I'd like to say a few things to--"

*censored scene of killing customer at counter*

"Here's 25 cents, I'll take the large that she didn't want."

"Mom, why does my Diet Coke taste like blood?"

bill

Feh, they brought it upon themselves. Seriously, who drinks Diet Coke?  :|

Zedd

That or rootbeer....Hmm then again more better hope that racoon uses that shovel well enough but on topic seriously it shows that most of Kiras life she was out to kill the smallest life form out there...And hope it squirms nicely between her grip or in her belly

Alan Garou

Quote from: BillBuckner on March 14, 2007, 07:55:31 PM
Feh, they brought it upon themselves. Seriously, who drinks Diet Coke?  :|
My dad drinks Diet Coke. He drinks it nonstop. It's unnatural to drink only diet soda! :dface

AndersW

"Shopping" He He He He

See "Barrayar" by Lois McMaster Bujold

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

Quote from: Zedd on March 14, 2007, 09:47:21 PM
That or rootbeer....Hmm then again more better hope that racoon uses that shovel well enough but on topic seriously it shows that most of Kiras life she was out to kill the smallest life form out there...And hope it squirms nicely between her grip or in her belly

Take it back.

Rootbeer are teh awesome. :P

Well, OK, I only drink it when I want to raise the level of blood in my caffine system, but at least it still has real sugar in it, and not that aspertame stuff that turns into formaldahyde in your stomach. (You know, that stuff that they pickle frogs and heads and stuff in in science class. >:3 )

On topic, I do believe that the carnage inherent in emotionally distressed persons going shopping easily rivals that of killing things.  It's no wonder that it's on Kria's list of things to do.  :veryevil
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

MaskedRetriever

Quark, on Root Beer:

Quark: I want you to try something.  It's called 'rootbeer', it's a human drink.
Garret(sip): G'uh it's so... SWEET... and BUBBLY
Quark: Just like the Federation.  And do you know what the worst part is?  If you drink enough of it, you actually start... liking it...
Garret: It's INSIDIOUS.
Quark: Just like the Federation.