03/07/07 [#757] Mommy I need help

Started by thegayhare, March 06, 2007, 11:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Ohhh what do you think Lorenda wants to ask...

Ten bucks say it has to do with Jyrras

(edited to add a number. Just because :-)

Starcat5

No bet.

...of course, I don't gamble, but even then...
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

thegayhare

okay then 10 bucks say she's asking for advice on how to let him down easy

Zedd

Most likey be someone she knows...Most defently

Roureem Egas

I find hiring a demon to be a bodyguard for a wedding to be a bit unusual. Wonder what kind of big-shot would need such a service, or why it'd be necessary?

And as for Lorenda, I'm betting that she wants advice on how to handle Jyrras. Seems to me she doesn't really think that Jyrras's strange behavior has too much to do with her.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Roureem Egas on March 06, 2007, 11:49:56 PM
I find hiring a demon to be a bodyguard for a wedding to be a bit unusual. Wonder what kind of big-shot would need such a service, or why it'd be necessary?
Biggs and Dan are getting hitched.  You know those Twinks, gotta be all big and flashy about everything.

Valynth

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on March 06, 2007, 11:54:33 PM
Biggs and Dan are getting hitched.  You know those Twinks, gotta be all big and flashy about everything.

Hu? wha...warg?

Biggs and Dan?   I thought it was supposed to be Biggs and Alexsi!  *runs back and re-reads the entire archive*

Anyway, twinks have many, many powerful enemies who lack the most basic of morals, so yes, body gaurds that also lack those morals is a good call.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on March 06, 2007, 11:54:33 PMBiggs and Dan are getting hitched.  You know those Twinks, gotta be all big and flashy about everything.

So which one's the daughter?

And I find it hard to believe that Edward would hire Kria for bodyguard work.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MaskedRetriever

*fantasizes shamelessly about that GirlDan pic*

Brunhidden

I KNOW! she must be asking for a love potion or something equally life disruptive!

yeah, my plot sense is on the fritz, i don't have a clue whats going on anymore.

QuoteOnce bread becomes toast it can never become bread again
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kenji

Obviously she wants to know how to end a relationship that doesn't involve devouring someone.

ChaoSynergy

Is it me, or does it look like Lorenda has lost weight?

Could just be the way she was drawn in this particular strip though.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Kenji on March 07, 2007, 12:49:47 AM
Obviously she wants to know how to end a relationship that doesn't involve devouring someone.

Asking the wrong person, then, isn't she?

:mwaha

Although she *can't* be foolish enough to ask Kria about Jyrras... I mean, hello, conflict of interest on line one!

Nino

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on March 07, 2007, 01:00:09 AM

Oh wow, it does look like it. Then again, Lorenda was never that big to begin with. I havn't seen ANY truely 'fat' beings in DMFA. Just like how the guys have smaller than average frames for guys and not much muscle mass, it's probably just how Amber draws her characters.

Distracting

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on March 07, 2007, 01:02:00 AM
Although she *can't* be foolish enough to ask Kria about Jyrras... I mean, hello, conflict of interest on line one!
Nah, that would be where being vague would be helpful. Besides, chances are that they won't fight like elementary school kids. There's the maturity level involved too.

Amber Williams

Oh come oooon!

It's been since comic 674 since I last drew Lorenda and the last time I had Lorenda featured for more than a 1 comic reference was back during the Janus Bond arc in 2005.  It's been a long time since I've drawn her regularly so cut me some freaking slack as I try to relearn how to draw her remotely decent.  >:O

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 07, 2007, 01:14:53 AMIt's been a long time since I've drawn her regularly so cut me some freaking slack as I try to relearn how to draw her remotely decent.  >:O

No!  I'll not cut you any slack because in this strip, she's freaking awesome!  (I will cut you some slack for her being underfed)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jim Halisstrad

All the pants stores are closed right now :<

Nino

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 07, 2007, 01:14:53 AM
Oh come oooon!

It's been since comic 674 since I last drew Lorenda and the last time I had Lorenda featured for more than a 1 comic reference was back during the Janus Bond arc in 2005.  It's been a long time since I've drawn her regularly so cut me some freaking slack as I try to relearn how to draw her remotely decent.  >:O

Oh WOW, it has been a long time since Lorenda has been featured in an arc. Before I even started reading in fact (I started at Saia, the exact strip actually why Jyrras confessed to Abel his feelings for Dan).

I wasn't giving you a hard time though. Every artist emphasizes something different in their work and you tend to see a lot of the same body type no matter what the comic, as well as ethnicities in comics with ethnic characters. It's just because people draw what they're familiar with I think.

Manawolf

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 07, 2007, 01:06:09 AM
Quote from: ChaoSynergy on March 07, 2007, 01:00:09 AM

Oh wow, it does look like it. Then again, Lorenda was never that big to begin with. I havn't seen ANY truely 'fat' beings in DMFA. Just like how the guys have smaller than average frames for guys and not much muscle mass, it's probably just how Amber draws her characters.

I thought it was just smaller in contrast to her breasts.

...what?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Manawolf on March 07, 2007, 03:15:03 AM
I thought it was just smaller in contrast to her breasts.

...what?

Bwahahahaha!

(secretly, I'm glad I'm not alone. Not that you'd get me to admit that. :-] )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

My first thought was that if Kria is guarding it, Kria won't be attacking it.
"Nice wedding you are planning here, would be a shame if something ... happened to it." :kittydevious
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

ShiningShadow

I noticed it to. It has been a long time since Lorenda appeared again Amber I'm giving you some slack why? This is a artist thing when you haven't drawn someone in a while you get a little rusty. It's okay I understand I'm not unreasonable here I love yor arc so far. I think TGH is right on  this one and Lorenda will ask mom about Jy-Jy and I think she has very deep feelings for him.

Alondro

*Charles meh*  My parents are the ones who come to me for help.  I got all the money and the brains... neither of which amount to much.   :<  *depression ensues*   :redrum

*Charline huh*  If I'd only known that's all it took...  Well, I think Lorenda looks adorable... and delicious.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Ah bloody hell...You just ate hours ago

Zorro

Kria being so close means something is coming.

Abel will meet his former teacher Kria.

What will happen?  Maybe something good, or maybe something bad.

Azlan

Oh come oooon!

If you need me to pop a cap, I'm down with that... just point out the offenders...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Ted Schiller

(snip)

I don't see the problem.  She can't eat people in the area around Lost Lake because they are either friends or friend of friends.  She hasn't had a decent meal in a long while.  That's why she lost weight, and that's why she has to move in with her Mother.   :)

With regards,
Ted

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Azlan on March 07, 2007, 10:07:56 PM
Oh come oooon!

If you need me to pop a cap, I'm down with that... just point out the offenders...

Yo, Yo, Yo i'm down with that. Anyway as this will goes here things will be pretty hard for Jy-Jy ic oould see the sad pouty face he will put on :C 'A'.

Gryphon

It may be a bit late and all. However I have one bit of ancient trivia that makes this so much more entertaining. You see in weddings in germany circa 200 AD there was a very special relationship between the groom and the best man. Now the best man was called the best man because generally he must be the best man in the country with a sword to pull off what happens next. Now while the groom makes a grab for the bride the best man fights off the family members. Now thats not the end of it. The best man is also supposed to fight off the family during the wedding ceremony.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=with-this-onion-ring--i-thee-wed--&method=full&objectid=18716212&siteid=66633-name_page.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_man

The brides maid? Roman women infantry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridesmaid

Now you Know