March 3, 2007 Tea and Sympathy

Started by Ted Schiller, March 02, 2007, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Schiller

Well, Abel did what he shouldn't have done.  Convincing him otherwise isn't possible.

With regards,
Ted

Jim Halisstrad

Pfft.  I would have ran screaming into the woods just like I did so often when I was a young school girl.

Also, It's only 7:47 by my clock.

I am now convinced that Amber is a souless machine created by some incomprehensible alien race that is responsible for churning out good comics.

GabrielsThoughts

what is what she was asking about?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on March 02, 2007, 08:48:27 PM
I am now convinced that Amber is a souless machine created by some incomprehensible alien race that is responsible for churning out good comics.

Something like that, yes.

We're not supposed to talk about it, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

See? Even Abel knows he should've helped. And I said "Help, Abel, you stupid worthless piece of trash!" and he just sat there watching. Bastard.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 02, 2007, 08:58:47 PM
what is what she was asking about?

Check out Abel's hand in the last panel.  You can see the white of the charm, I bet that's what she noticed.

I like Hennya here, I can almost hear her looking around for the tea.  Would she even recognize it?  xD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Meech

I just had a bad revelation.  What if Abel's mom finds his head wings and comes to the conclusion that Abel is a cubi impersonating her son?  Would she turn on him?  That would be a disaster.  

Kenji

All Abel needs to feel better is a bit of sympatea.

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 02, 2007, 09:05:05 PM
See? Even Abel knows he should've helped. And I said "Help, Abel, you stupid worthless piece of trash!" and he just sat there watching. Bastard.

Now you see, this is a curiosity to me.  How do we know exactly that he could  have done in that situation that didn't make him more then a target?

At this point he's basically some guy out of college who probably hasn't been in a fight since elementary school.  We have NO idea of his magical capabilities at this point other then the fact that he has some training.  AND it was also because of him that Devin got killed, even if it was out of his control.  That last part has GOT to screw with someone's head.

Able was at the most scared out of his wits and honestly I could not blame him in the least.

Zedd

Yes the tea is good for all...Soon May will find the truth soon or later

Stygian

Aha! Now, see? Tea does solve every immediate problem there is!

And then it's revelation time! Woo! Five to one says May is going to have a heart attack!

Sunblink

Agreed with Jim Halisstrad. If I were him, I probably wouldn't have been able to do anything either. Poor guy. =/ EVERYONE HUG ABEL.

Things are just going terribly for Abel, and things will only go downhill once May takes away the pendant--I doubt Abel is going to bother to resist having the pendant taken away, as he probably doesn't know its effects. I just hope things don't get too catastrophic, but considering what happened to Devin and Xander I'm not really expecting a happy ending.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Faerie Alex

Would "survivor's guilt" be the proper term for Abel's mental state right now?

...[/Freud]

Seems to me that the next one will be...interesting. Back to seriousness (and wingies!).
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Caswin

"Tea."  "Tea."  "Tea."

Who else but Amber could make repeating a monosyllabic word that cute? :mowtongue
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

May may have a cooler head, but Abel's thought-reading may kick in as May see Abel's head-wings...(once She takes the medallion from him)  She may not able to help thinking that Abel is not her son for a second or two.  But it will be enough to traumatize Abel even more.

She may not say it, and she will try to reason her fear away.  But Abel will hear it. maybe even feel it. :mowsad

:hug to Abel
PBH

Caswin

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on March 02, 2007, 10:25:34 PM
May may have a cooler head, but Abel's thought-reading may kick in as May see Abel's head-wings...(once She takes the medallion from him)  She may not able to help thinking that Abel is not her son for a second or two.  But it will be enough to traumatize Abel even more.
...assuming, of course, that he isn't her son.  Best not to go claiming theories as fact too quickly.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: Meech on March 02, 2007, 09:06:55 PM
I just had a bad revelation.  What if Abel's mom finds his head wings and comes to the conclusion that Abel is a cubi impersonating her son?  Would she turn on him?  That would be a disaster. 

Something tells me that Abels mom is already aware of the fact that Abel is a 'Cubi.

Anri

Narethlian

Regal

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 02, 2007, 09:06:28 PM

I like Hennya here, I can almost hear her looking around for the tea.  Would she even recognize it?  xD

I doubt it. She's looking in the meat larder.

superluser

Hmm.  Has Amber been reading The Red Badge of Courage recently?

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on March 02, 2007, 11:15:49 PMSomething tells me that Abels mom is already aware of the fact that Abel is a 'Cubi.

I apologize in advance for this, but what happens when she starts thinking about how she came to have an incubus for a son, and starts thinking about that magical night when she was sleeping with what later turned out to be an incubus...and Abel's sitting there reading her thoughts? :boggle

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 02, 2007, 10:24:39 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 02, 2007, 10:03:35 PMEVERYONE HUG ABEL.
... isn't that just what he doesn't want anyone to do?

No.  That's what he wants everybody to do in the present DMFA day.  At this point in his life, on a day like today, he would only want a hug.  So he's at that ultra-cute stage between chibi and bishounen, needs a hug, and probably wants a hug.

On three. ... THREE!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on March 02, 2007, 09:15:58 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 02, 2007, 09:05:05 PM

Now you see, this is a curiosity to me.  How do we know exactly that he could  have done in that situation that didn't make him more then a target?

At this point he's basically some guy out of college who probably hasn't been in a fight since elementary school.  We have NO idea of his magical capabilities at this point other then the fact that he has some training.  AND it was also because of him that Devin got killed, even if it was out of his control.  That last part has GOT to screw with someone's head.

Able was at the most scared out of his wits and honestly I could not blame him in the least.
I agree with you, Jim.  He was shell-shocked so bad that he could barely move.

Not to mention hindsight is 20/20.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Silverfoxr

why do i think of the coneheads with the tea tea tea

tea tea tea tea
brunch brunch brunch
tea tea tea tea

Madd the Sane

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on March 02, 2007, 11:15:49 PM
Quote from: Meech on March 02, 2007, 09:06:55 PM
I just had a bad revelation.  What if Abel's mom finds his head wings and comes to the conclusion that Abel is a cubi impersonating her son?  Would she turn on him?  That would be a disaster. 

Something tells me that Abels mom is already aware of the fact that Abel is a 'Cubi.
or dreading the fact  D: 'A' :paranoid
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on March 02, 2007, 11:15:49 PM
Perhaps, but when he came in, she didn't exactly go "Oh, you've learned to hide your wings!  I'm so proud of you!" - and while that is more of a black comedy moment than an Abel's Story moment, she didn't think of it for a moment when Hennya found no wounds for his wings.

**EDIT**
Just noticed it was May's idea to get tea and not Hennya's.  That bodes ill.  She'll probably come back with a cup of dry tea floating on top of the water like the QVC man's 'millennium teapot'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Guilt is such an awful feeling... but tea makes everything better. If Hennya knows how to make it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alan Garou

Hennya is adorable, and apparently May doesn't know that Abel is a cubi. Thus, she is not the cubi parent. Extrapolating from that, either Abel is a cuckoo or Cid is an incubus.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 03, 2007, 06:34:47 AMPerhaps, but when he came in, she didn't exactly go "Oh, you've learned to hide your wings!  I'm so proud of you!" - and while that is more of a black comedy moment than an Abel's Story moment, she didn't think of it for a moment when Hennya found no wounds for his wings.

I'm not sure that May would realize that it's possible to hide wings.  Remember that Dan saw Aary shapeshift in front of him, but couldn't figure out that he could hide his headwings.  It's entirely possible that May realizes at some level that she slept with someone impersonating Cid, but hasn't spent all the time figuring out how it shifted shape and what its limits are.

Even if May knew that `cubi could hide wings, May might have thought that Abel only inherited the wings, and not the incubus nature.  That means that her first thought when seeing Abel without wings would be that they were cut off, since he couldn't shift them, and would not need to shift them when he's at home.  Her first thought on seeing the headwings will be that he really did inherit the `cubi nature, and not that someone's impersonating Abel.

It's also possible that she can't reveal to Hennya that she knows that Abel is an incubus.  Possibly because it would be a bit gauche to talk to a bride-to-be about infidelities that you can't prevent by due diligence.  Possibly for other reasons.

And unlike a certain other theory designed to confuse newbies, I think that it's fairly likely that May figured the impersonation out, given how sensitive she is about the subject of infidelity.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on March 03, 2007, 11:26:36 AM
I'm not sure that May would realize that it's possible to hide wings.
You're right - I was thinking of the May-Is-A-Succubus theory again at the same time.

QuoteIt's also possible that she can't reveal to Hennya that she knows that Abel is an incubus.

When he was born she was worried he was an Angel.  It's quite possible she doesn't know what 'Cubi are.  (Wonders about the 'night-angel' business in #57)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E