Guide to the cubi race... 2/20/07

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 19, 2007, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

No. Their cooking skill isn't high enough.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 19, 2007, 09:44:46 PMbut can they make waffles?

I are confused.  Is this a pancake day reference or something?

On a sundry line of thought, Fa'Lina's dress doesn't seem to be physically possible.  (I know, I know  : shapeshifters)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

I took a class on waffles and I still burn down Kenjis kitchen...

Roureem Egas

Two things: Fa'Lina's dress looks different for some reason, and I'm sad that when I first saw Cubi 101, I saw the 101 as lol.

Onward with the insights!

Kasarn

Many years ago, I did that card guessing trick... except that I had the cards facing me.
Apparantly people are silly enough to think that their's something more to the trick than that I could see the card they picked :P

Also, BOOBIES (it had to be said).

Yugo

Her boobs seem to get perpetually larger as the story progresses.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Boog

How do you "think out loud"? Is that just focusing on something a lot or noticing that you noticed something or what?

Zorro

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 19, 2007, 09:44:46 PM
but can they make waffles?

Of Course Not!  You Cave Warp ACI!

The Civilized Cubi make Muffins!

GabrielsThoughts

well, using my natural ability to read facial expressions, a very common ability held by many species, I can tell Fa'lina is annoyed at having to explain to common beings the difference between mind-reading and thought-reading... Fa'lina is also ashamed that she has to even communicate with the undignified masses.    

and are my eyes deciving me or is that a Cubi LOL in the backgound?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Like for an exsample I would need direct contact with you in person per to say Boogy...Or something alot more complex,Basicly I hate to read minds of some people spite sometimes

superluser

Quote from: Action Jesus on February 19, 2007, 09:53:31 PMHer boobs seem to get perpetually larger as the story progresses.

I don't think so.  She's obviously wearing no support and those maroon things are very large pasties.

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 19, 2007, 09:54:43 PMHow do you "think out loud"? Is that just focusing on something a lot or noticing that you noticed something or what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_monologue

(also, http://www.meryddian.net/wavs/innermon.wav )

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 19, 2007, 09:56:23 PMI can tell Fa'lina is annoyed at having to explain to common beings the difference between mind-reading and thought-reading... Fa'lina is also ashamed that she has to even communicate with the undignified masses.

Naw.  She just sneezed.

Eibborn

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 19, 2007, 09:54:43 PM
How do you "think out loud"? Is that just focusing on something a lot or noticing that you noticed something or what?

I think that it is sorta like consciously thinking something. For example, when about to open a combination lock, I think the numbers in order, just to reaffirm that they are indeed the correct numbers. Yeah.

In other news, Great Globes of Jupiter!!
/kicks the internet over

Manawolf

Falina seems to be getting progressively sexier each time we see her.  Now she's got that slip down the front of her dress.

I predict that she'll be naked by the next 30 strips we see her in.

bigj

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:07:00 PMFalina seems to be getting progressively sexier each time we see her.

I'll grant ``more risqué,'' even ``showing more body parts that I consider sexy,'' but I don't think that she looks terribly sexy, especially compared to previous strips.

(P.S. No, Firefox, risqué is a real word.  Don't suggest bisque.)

Manawolf

Also, thought reading is a further form of a telepathy, where you sort of open that doorway to a person's mind and see what's on the surface.  Telepathy is actual communication after opening that door, and it usually requires a small amount of concentration, not only to establish the connectiong, but also to keep people's thoughts from flooding in, like how Dan was getting headaches from being bombarded with emotions.

This is why I feel the hallway scene was a little broken in the comic, because to have your thought reading on would either mean it was highly coincidental that everyone was just listening to Dan, or they cubi were doing their darndest to keep a straight face while everyone else's thoughts bombarded their minds.  To put it simply, it was a bit flawed.

Anyone who has seen something in the entertainment industry where a character gets telepathic powers knows that it can be a real pain to have it working while in the middle of a crowd.

fakelike

So what happens if you think in a different language?

ShiningShadow

I like the mini story Of Falina with boobs and all. Anywho I think in the telepathy I think its both emotional and characteristic if you read ones mind I think the emotional that comes into play on what is the reason of the thought and the characteristic on how the thought will be played out by ones actions.

Kenji

Quote from: fakelike on February 19, 2007, 10:36:42 PM
So what happens if you think in a different language?

"Omelette du fromage. Omelette du fromage. Omelette du fromage"
Or, in Batman's case...
"Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques *hum hum hum* *repeat*"

Manawolf

You simply hear their thoughts in their own language, unless they're thinking of an object, in which case you may get an image, but that's if you're working to detect thoughts.  It says you can speak with anything with a language through telepathy.  Understanding them through telepathy is another story.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:22:54 PMAlso, thought reading is a further form of a telepathy, where you sort of open that doorway to a person's mind and see what's on the surface.  Telepathy is actual communication after opening that door, and it usually requires a small amount of concentration, not only to establish the connectiong, but also to keep people's thoughts from flooding in, like how Dan was getting headaches from being bombarded with emotions.

Huh?  When did Amber change her username to Manawolf?

Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:22:54 PMThis is why I feel the hallway scene was a little broken in the comic, because to have your thought reading on would either mean it was highly coincidental that everyone was just listening to Dan, or they cubi were doing their darndest to keep a straight face while everyone else's thoughts bombarded their minds.  To put it simply, it was a bit flawed.

You do know that the other `cubi had mind shields, right?  The only voices that they would have heard would have been Dan, the rescuing party, possibly some victims, and that creepy guy who never wears any shields.  They also might have heard Mark Vonnegut if they were insane.

Quote from: fakelike on February 19, 2007, 10:36:42 PMSo what happens if you think in a different language?

They meet at La Mai--La Maisonette restaurant. They give you the price. Then they give you another number to call if you're interested. This guy, all you get is this here recording, but I don't see how he makes money.

(There Must Be Giants, it's called...)

P.S. fakelike?  Does that make you a counterfeit fake?

ShiningShadow

If you know the language then you know what are they thinking about right?

Aisha deCabre

Quite an informative comic.  Looking forward to upcoming ones.  Fa'lina definitely looks a little annoyed about having to explained the difference, but I guess she's had to do so for quite a long time.

I don't think the rabbit-girl's thoughts needed to be read...she doesn't look to have a good poker face, as a friend pointed out.   :3  Personally I wouldn't play cards with someone with wings...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:07:00 PM
Falina seems to be getting progressively sexier each time we see her.  Now she's got that slip down the front of her dress.

Shapeshifters.

SHE'S ALREADY NAKED   >:3

superluser

It's just me, I'm sure, but whenever I see Fa'Lina facing the camera, snout down, she looks like Groucho Marx with that nose trapezoid.

No, I don't know why it's not Chaplin or Laurel, either.

Distracting

I love the facial expressions. They're very...expressive...I like that.

I should think in whispers more often.

Aridas

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 19, 2007, 09:56:23 PM
and are my eyes deciving me or is that a Cubi LOL in the backgound?
101... as in n00b class.

Manawolf

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 19, 2007, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:07:00 PM

Shapeshifters.

SHE'S ALREADY NAKED   >:3

Then that'll be when she starts flashing.

Alondro

Quote from: HeroZero on February 19, 2007, 11:45:02 PM
I love the facial expressions. They're very...expressive...I like that.

*Charles stares and stares at Fa'lina*  Yes... very expressive facial expressions... very round and bouncy facial expressions...

*Charline grrs*  Those are her boobs, Charles.   :tumbleweed
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif