02/09/09, give or take a day or so - Ruh Roh! *tritone chord*

Started by bill, February 09, 2007, 09:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

I predict death and blood and murder and awesomeness.  :)

Or maybe some crying and sobbing and drama and needing to go to rehab. You can't really tell with this story. :<

Aridas

YAY shadows on the door(?), my speculation is that people will speculate on the significance of that last panel.

bill

i think its biggs because it kinda looks like him.  :<

Alondro

Hmm, is this for the 10th?  I know it's still the 9th, but it's the comic for tomorrow.  

*Charline grins*  And now for the killing off of more family and friends.  Delightful!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

Quote from: Alondro on February 09, 2007, 09:59:10 PM
Hmm, is this for the 10th?  I know it's still the 9th, but it's the comic for tomorrow. 

*Charline grins*  And now for the killing off of more family and friends.  Delightful!   >:3
It's my bloody birthday, I get to set the date to it.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh.

Yeah, I bet that'll be just what Abel needs. Not.

*whistles innocently*

(No.  :<)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

That shadow isn't Abel. D: It's Shadow Abel! A fiend created by the reflection of Abel on magic water that he stumbled across during his journey into the Water Temple! It's true, I tell you!

bill

Sid

*looks at date* You know, it's the update for Feb 10 Oh fine, birthday dude :P

I think a nervous breakdown is inevitable... assuming that that's Abel at the door o.o
And Hennya out-cutes everything in the second and third panels xD

(Oh come ON, ninja'd twice three FOUR times?)
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

I got ninja'd twice. The first time with 3 posts, the second time with one.

I guess we're just really really excited about it all :-)

Zedd

Happy news indeed she says...I am just wondering how she can face her son broken like a cheap plastic toy

bill

Jim Halisstrad

Huh.  Head snakes.  She needs to have that looked at.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 09, 2007, 10:03:51 PM
Is this satisfactory to Lord Box the Boxxy?  :<

*rotfl* I'd stopped, actually. But yes, that's just fine. :-)

bill

Incidentally, I'd like to know if I set a record for comic-to-new-topic speed.  8)

Stygian

QuoteHuh.  Head snakes.  She needs to have that looked at.

What? I am already looking at them. So are lots of other people, I think...

Oh, and the lady of headsnake wants Abel for honour maiden? That's... odd. Shapeshifting magic, yes, but still...

In either case, this just seems too wonderful. Now, I shall get drunk to honour this update. But I already am, so... I shall get drunker.

Yugo

Hennya is so cute. =D
This should prove to be interesting. Abel is broken beyond belief, coming home to an incredibly joyful and cute Hennya along with his mother. Worlds will collide! D:

In other news, happy birthday to the birthday dude.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Boog

Abel's story! Now with 50% more "Wait... What?"

"Wait... What?" # 1 -> Maiden? My guess is that her breed of mythos is either hyrmaphrowhatsits or simply don't use gender related pronouns in their native tongue, and thus don't see the point of them. Seeing as she could also be Mer, it could just be freaking weird.

"Wait... What?" # 2 -> Speculation over; we know exactly which of Abel's parents is the creature. We were fairly sure before, but still.

"Wait... What?" # 3 -> Either she knew the attack was coming or she just read Abel's mind. If it's the first, that brings up moral issues, and if the second, why hasn't she gone to her son yet?

"Wait... What?" # 4 -> If that shadow isn't Abel, it's probably Cid. How pissed do you think he'll be upon seeing his wife all tentacular?

Kenji

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 09, 2007, 10:33:44 PM
"Wait... What?" # 4 -> If that shadow isn't Abel, it's probably Cid. How pissed do you think he'll be upon seeing his wife all tentacular?

Fuh? Where does she have tentacles?

Faerie Alex

I wonder who Ahnora is. Maybe he's the teacher from earlier. Hmm...

Quote from: StygianOh, and the lady of headsnake wants Abel for honour maiden? That's... odd. Shapeshifting magic, yes, but still...
Or maybe she just thinks Abel looks girly. It's happened before.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Moonfire

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

Boog

Quote from: Kenji on February 09, 2007, 10:36:33 PM

Fuh? Where does she have tentacles?
Oooh, wait, mistook the snakehead on the girl in panal 3 for being attatched to a nearby distinctively spotted tail.

Regal

"Wait... What?" # 3 -> Either she knew the attack was coming or she just read Abel's mind. If it's the first, that brings up moral issues, and if the second, why hasn't she gone to her son yet?

Are we reading the same comic?

Boog

Quote from: Regal on February 09, 2007, 10:51:31 PM

Are we reading the same comic?

*facepalm* She said he just got back from a funeral. I thought she meant seeing Devin die, but I'd forgotten about the babysitter. Alright, only 25%

EDIT: The first bit, where it's the snake head on the mythos. Only one "Wait... what?" My bad.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interestingly, whilst making up the scripts, I noted:

- We've met Hennya before, in strips 31 and 32, although she only spoke in strip 32 (her hair is longer now)
- We've met mention of Ahnora before, in strip 28 (he's a guy, though - the one Abel thinks tattooed him, and the host of the party where it happened...)
- If you look at strip 30, you can see Cid's eyepatch band looks very much like the rim around the shadow. Although it looks like he might have the patch flicked up - or it might just be hair...
- The other thought is that the shadow could be the Press dropping in for a chat....

Kenji

VSMIT

Quote from: Regal on February 09, 2007, 11:07:35 PM
Check strips #23 and #24.

Wow.  I just realized how much bigger a child's eyes are compared to the rest of their heads than an adult's.  Compare #24 to #72.

Valynth

"Wait... What?" # 2 -> Speculation over; we know exactly which of Abel's parents is the creature. We were fairly sure before, but still.

When did we find out about that?  As far as I know it seems either one could be it.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)