2-7-07: Now that is one panicking roorat.

Started by MaskedRetriever, February 06, 2007, 10:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaskedRetriever

AWWWWW!!

That.  Is so.  CUTE.

Hopefully the flailing will subside soon...

:rolleyes

bill

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Cute?  I was thinking more along the lines of... awkward.  Either that, or just annoying.

-EDIT-
*Looks at comic title.* Oh.

Boog

Kenji

..... It's never fun to see a lil people cry. D:

Caswin

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 06, 2007, 10:09:13 PM
No punchline. OMG NOT FUNNY.  :B
I think Dan's face counts.

I'm confused.  How much time just passed?  If it was a few seconds, is the sky just an artistic liberty or something?  Because if it was a lot - this seems even stranger - did Jyrras really just cry for an hour while Dan sat there feeling awkward?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Roureem Egas

True dat, Boogey.  :3

Time certainly moves fast while Jy-Jy tries to comes to grips with things.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Aww... poor Jyrras, we love you.  :<

Of course... that might just be adding to your problems...

Alondro

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 06, 2007, 10:09:13 PM
No punchline. OMG NOT FUNNY.  :B

Haven't I seen you on the Sluggy Freelance forum?   ;)

*Charline tail-flicks*  That roorat is so weak and pathetic!  Pitiful and utterly helpless!  *tail flick flick flick*  He's perfect prey!  I MUST EAT HIM!!!   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: CaswinI'm confused.  How much time just passed?  If it was a few seconds, is the sky just an artistic liberty or something?  Because if it was a lot - this seems even stranger - did Jyrras really just cry for an hour while Dan sat there feeling awkward?
It can get dark pretty fast, if I had to guess I'd say 5 minutes has passed.

Aridas

He's got that "I'm being eaten alive from the inside" look about him. I wonder if we'll get another comic or two of this before one of them ends it?

Boog

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 06, 2007, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: CaswinI'm confused.  How much time just passed?  If it was a few seconds, is the sky just an artistic liberty or something?  Because if it was a lot - this seems even stranger - did Jyrras really just cry for an hour while Dan sat there feeling awkward?
It can get dark pretty fast, if I had to guess I'd say 5 minutes has passed.
I dunno, I'd say a bit longer. Mebbe 30 minutes, an hour. It can take a bit to work up momentum for that much heartfelt sobbing.

superluser

The artistic presentation is awesome, but it's got me wondering if Jyrras was talking.  I would presume that if the whole thing took more than five minutes, Dan would have tried to prompt some sort of reaction from Jyrras.  There are few things more awkward than watching someone cry, and it's surely not helping Jyrras.

Dan's expression in the last panel is great.  I've watched enough movies to know that that's supposed to lead to tender embracing, and then to sweet sweet lovin', and Dan looks none too pleased to have invited that scenario.

Part of me wants Dan to say, ``Hey!  I just got this thing dry-cleaned!''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Regal

We don't hear it, but I get the idea Jyrras may have been pouring out various random things that don't make sense, as people sometimes do when upset. And Dan is doing the only thing anyone can do in that situation. Just sit there and be there for the person who is upset.

Grenn

Silence can be a golden punchline if used properly. :)

This one would have been worse with words. As is, it's funny. All in Dan's face.  :mowmeep

Manawolf

::Reminded of crying scene from Anchorman::

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Alondro on February 06, 2007, 10:16:35 PM
\*Charline tail-flicks*  That roorat is so weak and pathetic!  Pitiful and utterly helpless!  *tail flick flick flick*  He's perfect prey!  I MUST EAT HIM!!!   :kruger

I feel the need to point out a few things about the supposedly weak, pathetic, pitiful, and utterly helpless roorat.

First, as is inherently obvious, he has the power of KYOOT.

But, moving on, there are further considerations...

His technical mastery, well, we know he can and has built giant mechas.. And apparently other weapons as well. Weak, pathetic, pitiful, and incredibly well armed with devices of his own design.

Also, what seems to be missed by many is his magical mastery. Though not really explicitly stated, it's clear he has a deep understanding of magic. After all, while there may be many spellcasters and so on, especially those with natural born ability, Jyrras has sufficient mastery to have worked out a way to _mass produce_ magic. (Recall his Patches tech...)

In other words, if he has any warning at all you're coming, I would be betting on him.

But... a few more considerations. Due to the above, he's quite rich. Also, his mom's a lawyer. Between those two facts, a firebreathing (possibly litterally) team of lawyers would be following should you do anything...

And finally, one last consideration. The Prophecy: If you cut him down, he will merely return more powerful than before... as Earzilla!

*runs off*

:)

Faerie Alex

Last panel=not what Dan expected :sweatdrop

This one is funny. :D
Jeez I need to update this thing.

GabrielsThoughts

I wonder if amber intends to put a blizzard or white/black space in the next comic to save time.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

KyleEverett

First post I think, but been reading for a long time.

Awww. That is so cute! Heh, I recently did that whole crying on the chest of the guy you like thing. Only I don't think he was as perturbed as Dan is. Too bad that means boy-boy snuggles are kinda out of the question.

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on February 06, 2007, 10:59:51 PMLast panel=not what Dan expected :sweatdrop

Betcha he did!  If I were Dan, I would have imagined a hundred situations where Jyrras winds up with his hands all over Dan.  This would surely have been one of them.

It was what Dan wanted to avoid, surely.

For some reason, Jyrras' poses on the park bench remind me of Edward Hopper's Nighthawks.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 06, 2007, 11:08:40 PMI wonder if amber intends to put a blizzard or white/black space in the next comic to save time.

I think I know what you mean, but I'd like to hear you say it so that I can more properly tear that argument apart.

Valynth

Getting Jyrras to admit his crush on Dan:  Several years.

Jyrras having an emotional break-down over Dan knowing of the crush:  Five minutes

The expression on Dan's face as Jyrras cuddles him for comfort:  priceless.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Alan Garou

Poor, poor Dan. So sad, yet so funny. And his expression is priceless.

Nerikull

Haven't I seen you on the Sluggy Freelance forum?   ;)

*Charline tail-flicks*  That roorat is so weak and pathetic!  Pitiful and utterly helpless!  *tail flick flick flick*  He's perfect prey!  I MUST EAT HIM!!!   :kruger

*the tiger stands between you and the roorat*
Ah-ah...what have I told you about consuming the cute? Bad Charline...baaaad!
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Valynth on February 06, 2007, 11:21:01 PM
Getting Jyrras to admit his crush on Dan:  Several years.

Jyrras having an emotional break-down over Dan knowing of the crush:  Five minutes

The expression on Dan's face as Jyrras cuddles him for comfort:  priceless.

There are some things snot covered fur can buy...

Starcat5

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on February 06, 2007, 10:57:35 PM
\*Charline tail-flicks*  That roorat is so weak and pathetic!  Pitiful and utterly helpless!  *tail flick flick flick*  He's perfect prey!  I MUST EAT HIM!!!   :kruger

I feel the need to point out a few things about the supposedly weak, pathetic, pitiful, and utterly helpless roorat.

First, as is inherently obvious, he has the power of KYOOT.

But, moving on, there are further considerations...

His technical mastery, well, we know he can and has built giant mechas.. And apparently other weapons as well. Weak, pathetic, pitiful, and incredibly well armed with devices of his own design.

Also, what seems to be missed by many is his magical mastery. Though not really explicitly stated, it's clear he has a deep understanding of magic. After all, while there may be many spellcasters and so on, especially those with natural born ability, Jyrras has sufficient mastery to have worked out a way to _mass produce_ magic. (Recall his Patches tech...)

In other words, if he has any warning at all you're coming, I would be betting on him.

But... a few more considerations. Due to the above, he's quite rich. Also, his mom's a lawyer. Between those two facts, a firebreathing (possibly litterally) team of lawyers would be following should you do anything...

And finally, one last consideration. The Prophecy: If you cut him down, he will merely return more powerful than before... as Earzilla!

*runs off*

:)

And lets not forget one other important thing: Backup.

He's friends with the daughter of a demon mare, two fae, several cubi, a handfull of seasoned adventurers, and, most dangerous of all, Wildy.

...but lets be honest here. Mentioning the rest was overkill. Wildy alone should be enough to ward off most potential threats.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

superluser

You know, I just realized something.  It's night time.  Given the precision in Biggs' and Dee's plans, I was expecting the plan to start before the day was up.  Is it possible that Dan and Jyrras might see dragon carcasses on fire upon the deepness in the sky?

That would make this all the more interesting.  Dan and Jyrras thrown together in an adventure, while each tries to come to grips with the emotional upheaval that they have been put through.

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: superluser on February 06, 2007, 11:42:19 PM
You know, I just realized something.  It's night time.  Given the precision in Biggs' and Dee's plans, I was expecting the plan to start before the day was up.  Is it possible that Dan and Jyrras might see dragon carcasses on fire upon the deepness in the sky?

That would make this all the more interesting.  Dan and Jyrras thrown together in an adventure, while each tries to come to grips with the emotional upheaval that they have been put through.

Huh? did I miss something? I got the impression those plans were mid to long term-ish.

Not "in a few hours from now"

Eibborn

I dunno why people think that this is something that would happen quickly. Tragic sobbing fits wane and wax. You can wait patiently for (what seems like) hours for it to wind down, only to have it start up again a half hour later. I can relate to Dan so well in this situation, because of course you are concerned about your friend and you don't want to hurt them, but there comes a point at which you just start to think "ENOUGH ALREADY GEEZE AUGH THIS IS THE WORST TORTURE EVER!"
You can only console people for so long.
/kicks the internet over