5/2/07 - Yeek!

Started by Aridas, February 05, 2007, 01:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Well... Uh... Then what did you want, Jyrras?

Zedd

Im sure he wants be Dans lova

MaskedRetriever

Two theories:

1)  He's already got an appointment to straighten things out with Lorenda
2)  He's scared that this is going to actually turn romantic and ruin the neat resolution he had planned of paring Dan off with Matilda, AND make his advances at Lorenda look utterly jerky.

LionHeart

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on February 05, 2007, 01:38:27 AM
Well... Uh... Then what did you want, Jyrras?

I don't think he knows any more. If he ever did...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kaerou

Wow, his ears -do- get bigger every appearance! :3

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

xHaZxMaTx

I'm only posting in here because I was promised a cookie.  And to compliment on the cool background, too.

Aridas

Quote from: Kaerou on February 05, 2007, 01:50:21 AMWow, his ears -do- get bigger every appearance! :3
Actually, you're right.. Jyrras is going to end up looking like Arcturus from Suicide For Hire (not really going to link it, as it's plenty higher of a rating than DMFA is, and any of you interested already are aware of it.)

e_voyager

chuckles remembering Earzilla. well i'm guessing that Dan has a habit of saying the wrong thing and that Jy0Jy is over thinking it again but this time without the burning.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zorro

Like I said when this all started; Jyrras really has no idea what he really wants.

It may take him YEARS to figure it out one small success or failure at a time.

Jim Halisstrad

Think about it.  Lorenda is Alyssa, Jy is Banky and Dan is Holden.
They just haven't realized their roles yet.

Kenji

Quote from: Zorro on February 05, 2007, 02:11:59 AM
Like I said when this all started; Jyrras really has no idea what he really wants.

It may take him YEARS to figure it out one small success or failure at a time.

All part of being scientiferiffic!

Manawolf

Coke: "Jyrras, my boy, while I'm sure you're an expert biologist, perhaps you need to learn a little something about the birds and the bees."

::Ten hours later::

Coke: "...so if it wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.  I'll just let that all sink in.  Have a good night."

Fex

Man Jy is never happy ... He wanted Dan now he has and now he is not happy ... again :mowdizzy

Magic

And every yaoi fangirl almost leaped for joy, until the coming of the last panel.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Fex

Quote from: Ink on February 05, 2007, 04:15:34 AM
And every yaoi fangirl almost leaped for joy, until the coming of the last panel.

tell me about it I was almost in totall bliss till I readed the last panel >.<

Tycoon

That was a dandy comic. I was worried that the ending would be sappy, but I'm glad that my fears were proven wrong.

Did anyone else notice that (in the second panel) Dan's mouth looks like a whale, and his nose is in the shape of a water spout?
Observe:

Stygian

Did anyone observe that Jyrras' pupils shrank at the same pace that his ears expanded? Observe:

*Stygian sticks a straw in Tycoon's ear and takes a hard pull*

THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR SAPPY STUFF YET!

Consider.

superluser

So Jyrras really is a man.  No man has ever survived ``We can talk all night'' without screaming.  Except me, baby!

Most people probably don't want to spend hour after hour discussing a relationship that they know is doomed before it even begins.

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 05, 2007, 02:28:46 AMDan is Holden.

Dan's crazy?  He swears to God he really is?

Wrong Holden?  Ah, well.

Personally, I think that Jyrras would be a better Holden.  viz, ``If you really want to hear about it the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, what my lousy childhood was like...but I don't feel like going into it...[continues for 214 pages]''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

bill

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 06:15:54 AM
So Jyrras really is a man.  No man has ever survived ``We can talk all night'' without screaming.  Except me, baby!

Most people probably don't want to spend hour after hour discussing a relationship that they know is doomed before it even begins.

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on February 05, 2007, 02:28:46 AMDan is Holden.

Dan's crazy?  He swears to God he really is?

Wrong Holden?  Ah, well.

Personally, I think that Jyrras would be a better Holden.  viz, ``If you really want to hear about it the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, what my lousy childhood was like...but I don't feel like going into it...[continues for 214 pages]''
Nah, Jim obviously meant this Holden:

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 06:15:54 AM
You know, Dan actually could talk all night.  I'm not sure about Jyrras (although that said, he does seem to be rather nocturnal).

QuoteMost people probably don't want to spend hour after hour discussing a relationship that they know is doomed before it even begins.
It would give Dan the opportunity to find out what angst tastes like...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

I think he just realzed that he's straight and needs to go back with lorenda...

...that's what I want anyway.

superluser

Quote from: King Of Hearts on February 05, 2007, 06:36:06 AMI think he just realzed that he's straight and needs to go back with lorenda...

Well, there's more to relationship roles than just gay, straight and bi.  Why can't he still be attracted to Dan?

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2007, 06:21:24 AMYou know, Dan actually could talk all night.  I'm not sure about Jyrras (although that said, he does seem to be rather nocturnal).

Yeah, I'm sure that we all know that Dan could talk all night.  I didn't think that it actually needed mentioning.  Jyrras, on the other hand, seems rather less than nocturnal at times.  Unless there's some sort of strange time elasticity going on, where an entire day goes by in one panel...

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to explain what Jyrras wanted.  Probably something like the following:

[A Jaguar slows as it passes Dan.  The passenger window opens, and Jyrras sticks his head out]
Jyrras: I love you, Dan!
Dan: OMFG!
Jyrras: Now floor it, Abel!  I've got to pick up four months of Civil Defense rations before the Army-Navy store closes!

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 06:50:21 AM
Yeah, I'm sure that we all know that Dan could talk all night.  I didn't think that it actually needed mentioning.
On the other hand, it's not an ability he's properly displayed so far, though.  It would be interesting to see if it works yet.

ShiningShadow

Man Jy-Jy is one confused roorat. I don't know what to say Dan needs to really talk to him. I think is the issue here is want and being wanted and rejection Dan needs to be delicate with this situation *Oh GOD This is Dan Here*. I hope this will all works out *Oh GOD I hope.*.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2007, 06:58:54 AM
Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 06:50:21 AMYeah, I'm sure that we all know that Dan could talk all night.  I didn't think that it actually needed mentioning.
On the other hand, it's not an ability he's properly displayed so far, though.  It would be interesting to see if it works yet.

Wait.  I thought you were the one who argued that Dan didn't need to sleep and I was the one arguing that he did...

Anyways, I think I've probably stayed awake for more that 48 hours at some point, and I don't have any adventurer training.  Staying up all night should be a cinch for Dan.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 07:13:35 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2007, 06:58:54 AM
Quote from: superluser on February 05, 2007, 06:50:21 AMYeah, I'm sure that we all know that Dan could talk all night.  I didn't think that it actually needed mentioning.

Wait.  I thought you were the one who argued that Dan didn't need to sleep and I was the one arguing that he did...

It's a given that he won't need to sleep, and as I pointed out in the referenced thread, he seems to be well on his way.  But since he got a lot out of that kip in SAIA, I would wager he hasn't quite got there yet.

Zedd

In other news and unrelated subjects...Will Alzan ever defeat the Red Baron?  >:3

Prof B Hunnydew

Whoa Where did that Bi-plane come from?

JyJy is panicing Because Now, he has only two loves to decided from (Abel or Lorenda)... Well Abel is such a loner, it may be years (a hundred or so) before he makes up his mind.  But Lorenda .. await a half-demon may give her a few centuries to her life.  So, Jy Jy is the only one with what about a 100 years of life.   ah wait I missed something.

***Rereads the comic***

I know Dan is just being a friend, but may be JyJy is fear of an all nighter with Dan  ..alone.. oh you know ...just talking  about feelings... 
***:love2 ***- Jyrras

Okay...I have my daydream set...now how to get Lorenda into this? :giggle

:hug
PBH

ShiningShadow

Who knows what is in that confused brain of Jy-Jy. I don't what he will do or say if he dosen't set straight his feelings and decide who Jy-Jy wants for the rest of his life then he will be undecisive for the rest of his days.

Manawolf

Indecisiveness, which seems to be his main flaw.  Jyrras still needs to realize the difference between affection and true love.  Dan's the one who gave him confidence, but he must remember that Dan still swings for the ladies, and he should realize that they should just remain best friends, otherwise he'd be forcing Dan.  Abel gave him a little security, but he kind of barged into Jyrras' affairs, and is proving too wily to be a suitable choice.  Lorenda has actually saved Jyrras' life, and they're already living together, even if they don't see themselves as a couple just yet, he's allowed Lorenda into his world the most, and since it takes a few years for a lasting relationship to bloom, he's already got a headstart with her.  Plus, Kria might be a little less jealous of her daughter if Jyrras takes Lorenda over herself.  Sure, Kria knows Abel, but that was a long time ago, and would probably be more willing to take her revenge if that happens.

Frankly, I think Jyrras' sexual confusion is due to his introverted personality, and the fact he had six big sisters to torment him his entire childhood, along with all those other girls who find him irresistably cute and want to glomp him all the time.