1/27/07: Failure

Started by Caswin, January 26, 2007, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Faerie Alex

She didn't kill anyone then. Yay!

But darn, I was hoping we'd see who's talking to her.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Boog

Ah, Kria's formative years. Back when she wasn't okay with the whole eat-or-be-eaten demonic mentality. Years of schooling amongst other demons ground away her concience until she's the being-eating beastie we all know and love today. Insert comment about educational institutions here.

ChaoSynergy

So, seeing as there's been one confirmed fatality on the "Bad-Guy" side, I think it's safe to say that Able is the only survivor.

Alas, poor Glory...we hardly knew ye.

But enough mourning.  More speculating!

So apparently, Demons have a schooling program similar to SAIA in the current DMFA arc.  Anyone willing to venture a guess as to who this mysterious voice may belong to?

Aridas

mourning glory? This isn't turning into some kind of joke is it?

ChaoSynergy

Quotemourning glory? This isn't turning into some kind of joke is it?

I assure you, any sort of punnage is sheerly coincidence.

Jack McSlay

it's a 3-fingered hand...

could be dark pegasus... or kria's father (or both, who knows)

edit: or piccolo, which would explain the makankousappo spells back then  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: modelincardShe didn't kill anyone then. Yay!
Well, she didn't kill any of her targets, anyway.  Devin and Xander were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Quote from: Jack McSlayit's a 3-fingered hand...

could be dark pegasus... or kria's father (or both, who knows)
I believe that's her own hand.

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Well well, who is Kria's mysterious teacher?  It's someone cold and cruel, heartless, merciless, savage, bloodthirsty, evil, wicked, monsterous, devlish...  it could be Fa'lina.  Abel might never come to know the truth, after all.  It could be Dark Pegasus, as he fits all the aforementioned characteristics.  It also somewhat fits the venemous Dr. Ink, yet it's lacking his wry style of speech.  And then, it could also be... erf... it couldn't be...  :eek
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

Well in the first panel, there's a shadow of a hand, with probably a regular amount of fingers, since thre's a thumb and finger extended, but the rest aren't visible, so there's no conclusion

xHaZxMaTx

Oh, that.  I was thinking that was just part of the pattern on her wing.

Meech

The mysterious hand only looks to have three fingers to me as well.

Akisohida

It was me! Muahahahaha! :bat I am happy to see Kria was not the killer and that the dude in the tower is quite dead. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Valynth

Well, she might have killed Glory's group.  I have no idea why everybody was up in arms over Devin and Xander's deaths, but glory and gang are barely even mentioned, save for mocking and punning.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

thosdsuthainn

*Reads something about her being a 'student'*

...Wha? Isn't she like... a couple hundred years old? How much schooling does she need at this point?

*checks cast pages*

Kria's only ~19 years older than Abel? Am I the only one clueing in to this right now? *feels somewhat dumb now*

Oh well, yay for Kria not killing Devin + Xander!

Zedd

I knew it was a test!! I had a werid feeling in my bones...

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on January 26, 2007, 11:02:09 PM
I knew it was a test!! I had a werid feeling in my bones...

No, that was scoliosis.

Kria needs more pouty face. And a sugary sweet background. :3 Then we'll see how long everyone's teeth lasts.

Valynth

Anway, I think the shadowy figure might be a brand new character who might end up having to help Abel later on, just to screw with the fan's minds.

And darn you Kenji for beating me to the point!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Stygian

STOP IT, YOU FANBOYS!

Now, on to speculation... Whose hand is that? Well, determining from the type of claws and fingers, and the figure of a bracer... It certainly is not Dark Pegasus. It looks more like... Pyroduck...

Zedd

Nay good sir...I dought he was ever evil like that...

Valynth

Quote from: Stygian on January 26, 2007, 11:06:14 PM
STOP IT, YOU FANBOYS!

Now, on to speculation... Whose hand is that? Well, determining from the type of claws and fingers, and the figure of a bracer... It certainly is not Dark Pegasus. It looks more like... Pyroduck...

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

and isn't Pyroduck from the future?

Is this the APF thread? :P >:3

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on January 26, 2007, 11:06:14 PMWell, determining from the type of claws and fingers, and the figure of a bracer...

Where do you get the bracer?  If I had to guess, I'd call it a sweater with the sleeve rolled up.

Hrm.  ``Choke on a bone.''  I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that that isn't a random statement.  The undead race doesn't seem to be old enough to be there, so we're left with a dog or a vulture, perhaps?

Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but I like how Kria's scenes switch between the left and right sides of her face.  It really heightens the confusion and drama of the confrontation.

It makes Kria look like a captured animal thrashing about in an effort to get free.  Even if that's not intentional, I'm willing to give Amber credit for it so long as she does it again.

...I KNOW IT'S ST. BLAISE!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Pretzel

It looks like whatever Kria gave Abel was some sort of patch or something that hid his headwings. I spent a few seconds looking for them...

Kesh

Quote from: Valynth on January 26, 2007, 10:52:54 PM
Well, she might have killed Glory's group.  I have no idea why everybody was up in arms over Devin and Xander's deaths, but glory and gang are barely even mentioned, save for mocking and punning.

We had time to 'get to know' Devin and Xander. Despite Devin's smartass front, he really was a decent person. Glory + gang had about 10 seconds worth of screen time before all hell broke loose, and all we had was a few "holier than thou" remarks and some comments from Devin implying she was the stereotypical "Lawful Stupid" paladin.

In other words, the former had character development, while the latter were red shirts. So far.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

Zorro

Been there and done that test.

All "ELITE" militaries have a version of the "Ultimate Test" where you have to kill some one.

In the more PC Militaries like in the USA you just need to stay awake for 3 days and then kill 50 people and then reconstruct a hard drive with a bullet hole through it.

This is day #1 of SEAL training.

Supercheese

Quote from: Zorro on January 27, 2007, 12:53:45 AM
Been there and done that test.

All "ELITE" militaries have a version of the "Ultimate Test" where you have to kill some one.

In the more PC Militaries like in the USA you just need to stay awake for 3 days and then kill 50 people and then reconstruct a hard drive with a bullet hole through it.

This is day #1 of SEAL training.

Day 2 you have to do it all over again... but underwater. Or maybe while freefalling from several thousand feet.

Manawolf

She is a minion of the creature council, as we have seen in current time, this may be the initiation for that.  Surprised she hasn't killed her way to higher up in it yet.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on January 27, 2007, 01:24:04 AMShe is a minion of the creature council, as we have seen in current time, this may be the initiation for that.

She is not a minion of the Creature Council; the Creature Council is riding her ass.  Not very hard, granted, but they are giving her grief.  If you're referring to 365, it doesn't look like she was ordered to get Jyrras' invention--in fact, it looks like she had it confiscated off of her.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Such things can be the same way, she could be a higher up like the Turks in FF7, but still be pulled back on her leash by her superiors if they feel the need.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: PretzelIt looks like whatever Kria gave Abel was some sort of patch or something that hid his headwings. I spent a few seconds looking for them...
Heh, I hadn't even noticed, and they've been gone for 3 strips already.