Need help finding someone to borrow their character. (EDIT: It's Taski's 'Bon')

Started by fesworks, December 27, 2006, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow186129

A few of my dad's cousins(all brothers) are named Primo(oldest), Secondo(middle), and Terzo(youngest). If you don't know Italian, that's first, second...obviously, and third ;-;

Not kidding.

Sometimes I wonder if some parents intentionally give their children bad names *shifty eyes*

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on December 28, 2006, 09:04:30 PMI hear that was actually common in ancient Rome. They would name their kids in the order they were born. (Unus, Duus, Tresus, (okay, I made those up). Octavius would be 8th, etc.)

Actually, that was the standard for the girls.  The first would be named after the family (Julia, Claudia, Cornelia, &c.), then the girls would be named in order of birth (Secunda, Tertia, Quarta, &c).

Octavian was not the eighth child, the Octavius refers to his family name (so, for example, his first daughter should be named Octavia--except that Octavian was adopted by Julius Caesar, so he named her Julia)

There was a set of Peanuts strips where a family changed their last name to the ZIP code, I think.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Falcarthum

Some time ago, I met a guy named "Ehecatl", that´s the name of the aztec god of wind, and a friend told me that a friend of both called her son "Tyr Aldebaran".  "Tyr" after a deity in the setting Forgotten Realms of Dungeons & Dragons, and "Aldebaran" after the Gold Saint in the Knight of Zodiac (Saint Seiya for the purist)

I bet that you make this face :erk after knowing this fact...

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Izkata

Optimus Prime got mentioned earlier... how about that celebrity than named their kid Moon Unit?

superluser

Quote from: Izkata on December 29, 2006, 11:48:46 AMOptimus Prime got mentioned earlier... how about that celebrity than named their kid Moon Unit?

Bah.  Forget the guy who did that.  I'm more interested in the guy who named his son Dweezil.

...Oh, right.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Frank Zappa, IIRC.

Dweezil Zappa. Moon Unit Zappa. Sounds a lot like an insect device...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

fesworks

Taski, I sent you a PM about Bon. Hopefully you get it before the 24th, or at least the 26th.

GabrielsThoughts

this thread has really devollved into a name game. what about people who name their children Binky or boys named Susan or duane
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

fesworks

Well, I have not heard from Taski, so I whipped up something different that what I originally suggested.... but here is the art thus far.... Bon took up two panels... each of the other cameo's took only one cameo.

Completed strip will be released Friday. I'll post it here if that's alright.

ShiningShadow

fesworks

thanks :) I think I coulda done a little bit better. I might do an art piece at a different point. Bon is a fun character. :D

Zedd

fesworks

Note: We are refering to SOMEONE ELSE named Zelda... signifying that the Communication Crystal Tech is messing up.

Zedd

fesworks

Quote from: Zedd on January 26, 2007, 01:35:20 AM
I wonder if your doing more camos

You can just ask instead of wonder ;)

When I started my comic, I understood that it would probably be crappy and noone would read it (it spawned from utter depression, and is now anything but), so I made a few goals: 1) make it about whatever I want, even if other will not get it (screw them, its for "me", basically) and (2) Have as many cameos as possible where applicable.

So I plan to have cameos a lot. In fact there are at least 3 more cameos (a couple are extended cameos) before this arc is over... and after that I have one more pair of cameos, and then for the next arc, I have a group of cameos.

As far as this crystal communication sequence goes... I don't have plans to extend this, if I did I might cameo a character from Beastling (as hosted on Xepher.net like DMFA and my PSI are), but other than that, I was going to continue the story on Monday.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: fesworks on January 26, 2007, 02:13:43 AM
Quote from: Zedd on January 26, 2007, 01:35:20 AM
I wonder if your doing more camos

You can just ask instead of wonder ;)

When I started my comic, I understood that it would probably be crappy and noone would read it (it spawned from utter depression, and is now anything but), so I made a few goals: 1) make it about whatever I want, even if other will not get it (screw them, its for "me", basically) and (2) Have as many cameos as possible where applicable.

So I plan to have cameos a lot. In fact there are at least 3 more cameos (a couple are extended cameos) before this arc is over... and after that I have one more pair of cameos, and then for the next arc, I have a group of cameos.

As far as this crystal communication sequence goes... I don't have plans to extend this, if I did I might cameo a character from Beastling (as hosted on Xepher.net like DMFA and my PSI are), but other than that, I was going to continue the story on Monday.

I've been to your site and I love it. Just keep doing what are you doing right now you have a following there and in my insignificant opinion that your comic is way cool.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice to see someone else remembers God and Anathus.

Pity that stopped updating...

fesworks

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 26, 2007, 08:28:27 AM

I've been to your site and I love it. Just keep doing what are you doing right now you have a following there and in my insignificant opinion that your comic is way cool.
Thanks very much! I try to keep doing what I do, and the current Arc is my biggest and most complex project. I'm hoping I can pull it off.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 26, 2007, 10:13:11 AM
Nice to see someone else remembers God and Anathus.

Pity that stopped updating...

Acid Reflux is the second time I never got explicit permission to do a cameo. (they are unreachable) The first time was when I made a DMFA Mow doll during the "Going Camping" Arc... Amber never got back to me on e-mails so I just did a little little cameo... I know she's busy and all... I every other webcomic cameo has been through permission.