Abel's Story, 10/23/07 - Go on, Shoo.

Started by Sunblink, January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Well darn. Looks like Kria actually DID kill them, after all.

Dangit, why must cliffhangers exist? I wanna know who's responsible for this! I demand answers!

As another note, Abel looks absolutely adorable in the first panel there, and nice, quick update, Amber. *claps* New record.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alan Garou

Who is it? And who else here wants to wring their neck like a towel? All in favor say "Die."

Aridas

Well, all favor of Kria and the mystery ....thing.. has dropped to 0. I'm not sure anyone will want her back in the comic ;>.>

Faerie Alex

DIE!

Well...I guess we're about to see who was doing the killing...at least we won't have to wait a whole week.

I think it's Repteal. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Tycoon

Excellent comic, Kria's expression in the first panel makes me smile.
'Tis just a pity that she is involved...

Oh well, any bets as to who the mysterious figure is?
I'll say Dark Pegasus for the heck of it.

Stygian

Hehe. Now, this makes me glad. Now, it stands only to figure who it is she's talking to. Because if it's that simpleminded idiot Pegasus, I'm not forgiving Amber...

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PM
Well darn. Looks like Kria actually DID kill them, after all.

*snip*

Probably not. She might have been sent as a sort of clean-up crew, so she might not have actually killed. :I Still, suspicions suspicions.

Zedd

Im sure its all but a demons job be the cleaner

superluser

1. Yay for new thread!

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PMWell darn. Looks like Kria actually DID kill them, after all.

Actually, this makes it less likely that that's true.  Kria just did mop-up, which may have only been Abel.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PMDangit, why must cliffhangers exist?

This is a particularly annoying one.  Y'hear me, Amber?  Annoying!  I...uh Don't smite me.

...anyways I liked it.  Kria actually looks good in this one.  We don't often see her motherly/feminine side.  The cocked head to one side with raised eyebrows?  Hawt.

The story actually looks like a gift to the rabid speculators on the forum, because now we have to speculate on who that is behind Kria.

Whatever it is, it appears that Kria doesn't get on very well with it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

...And everyone who was with him, since there were already dead people there before.

Akisohida

Part of me says 'Noooo! Kria! WHY!? >( D: ' and part of me says 'I doubt she would have killed Abel and Xander because she likes Abel so she could not have done it'.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Stygian

Quote from: Akisohida on January 22, 2007, 09:17:09 PM
Part of me says 'Noooo! Kria! WHY!? >( D: ' and part of me says 'I doubt she would have killed Abel and Xander because she likes Abel so she could not have done it'.

*leans over the spiderfox's shoulder with a devilish smile*

You know... She doesn't know that they were his friends...

RushFox

All bets that it's Dark Pegasus!  :smack

Seriously, I'm kinda glad Abel didn't go nutso after all this. The only other thing they could do to him is [RPG] KILL HIS PARENTS![/RPG]

At least he had 300 years to get over it before meeting Dan and Company...  :)

Sunblink

As the response to the entire Dark Pegasus speculation, I really doubt it was him. Really, why would he be interested in merely terrorizing such an out-of-the-way village? He doesn't really seem like the kind who would be causing such relatively small-time chaos. Unless this whole thing is part of a grander scheme of things... then it could be more likely.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Caswin

That doesn't sound like Dark Pegasus' speech style to me.  He's usually more regal and over-the-top.  I'm thinking a member of the future Creature Council.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Akisohida

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 22, 2007, 09:17:09 PM

*leans over the spiderfox's shoulder with a devilish smile*

You know... She doesn't know that they were his friends...

He was standing with them when the attack happened. It would be pretty obvious they were with him. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Aridas

As friends or as adventurers who've captured him?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think nobody saw him, since he was buried behind the cart.

So whoever he was with, or however he got there, the one who got to deal with him was Kria. So...

She chose to let him go. Which is fine, and dandy. But plot-complex...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MaskedRetriever

Note that Amber mentioned having "plans" when she told us of this special update.

SUSPICION:  The DMFA and Abel's Story continuities are going to resonate soon.

CORALLARY TO SUSPICION:  The unseen figure is either directly or indirectly involved in the Dragons vs Destina's Clan & Biggs issues.

CORALLARY TO CORALLARY TO SUSPICON: It's either Fa'lina, Destina, or a Dwagon.

I'm currently betting on Dwagon since my other guesses are Cubi.

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 09:19:28 PMYou know... She doesn't know that they were his friends...

Of course she doesn't.  She just, y'know, saw them talking and walking together, meeting some heavily armed people, and defending him from them (note that Devin used some rather exaggerated poses that should have been distinguishable from far away).

Quote from: RushFox on January 22, 2007, 09:19:38 PMAll bets that it's Dark Pegasus!

Bet it's not!  DP seems more the type to have minions than cohorts, and Kria doesn't seem the minion type.  Furthermore, DP has some sort of connection to Destania.  It would be highly improbable that he would have an independent connection to Abel, too.

Besides, that sort of storytelling would tend to feel claustrophobic.

Edit:

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on January 22, 2007, 09:35:49 PMSUSPICION:  The DMFA and Abel's Story continuities are going to resonate soon.

Well, it's gonna happen sooner or later.  At 66 strips, it's bound to happen pretty soon.  I doubt that Abel's arc is going to go over 200 strips, so we'll start seeing synchronicities soon.

Among other things, Abel will probably soon visit Jyrras' place, either to check up on Dan or to confront Jyrras about his crush, and I'm betting *two* ISO standard Cokes that he will meet Lorenda at that time.  One for him meeting her, and another for Jyrras having to explain to Lorenda that she's not the only one for him.

Stygian

Quote from: Akisohida on January 22, 2007, 09:27:26 PM
He was standing with them when the attack happened. It would be pretty obvious they were with him. :)

*Grins at the spiderfox, poking him a bit*

Yeah. So was glory and her unsympathetic lot, if you remember?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 09:39:10 PM
Of course she doesn't.  She just, y'know, saw them talking and walking together, meeting some heavily armed people, and defending him from them (note that Devin used some rather exaggerated poses that should have been distinguishable from far away).

Actually, we don't know -what- she saw. We know that someone started shooting at them, and we know that Devin and Xander both copped something in the wrong way, but other than that, we're pretty much waiting to find out what happened.

We -certainly- don't know how long whoever it was was watching them. And for all we know, the third party who has yet to be identified was the one watching them, and waiting for Kria to return. And started attacking before she got a chance to identify it as Abel.

About the only thing we know for certain is that either Kria only recognised Abel after she wandered out to clean up the mess (or make more, depending on your point of view and personal inclination) ... or she's a very good actor.

I'm not willing to bet either way.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 09:49:00 PMActually, we don't know -what- she saw.

Here's the argument:

Argument (Akisohida): Kria knows that D&X are Abel's friends.  Therefore, Kria would not attack D&X

Counterargument (Stygian): Kria doesn't know that D&X are Abel's friends.  Therefore, your argument is faulty.

Rebuttal (Superluser): If Kria did see them, she would know that D&X are Abel's friends.  Therefore, your counterargument is faulty.

The argument is not that she saw them and killed them--just that if she did see them, she would have recognized that they were friends.

(Don't make me break out Barbara and Bramantip!)

Akisohida

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 09:45:45 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 22, 2007, 09:27:26 PM

*Grins at the spiderfox, poking him a bit*

Yeah. So was glory and her unsympathetic lot, if you remember?

Glory and FACING Abels group. Since Xander and Devin were next to Abel and Glory and her peeps were in front of Abel, it is easy to see who was with who :)

When people stand side-by-side when talking and do not look at eachother as much, it is easy to tell they are friends since they are acting comfortable with eachother, you know? They stood as a group.

Stygian

*Pshs! and waves a hand, as if brushing away the arguments*

Ah, please... You keep forgetting the fact that she didn't know it was Abel in the first place. All she and that other one saw was a big group with "Food!" stamped on it in red letters, and you know it. There really is no need to get upset here, even for sappy Kria fanboys who ought to learn to be evil in the first place.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 22, 2007, 08:47:39 PM

Dangit, why must cliffhangers exist? I wanna know who's responsible for this! I demand answers!

I believe Amber likes to drag things out with Abel's storyline because it creates a sense of drama, not unlike that found in japanese animie shows like Pokemon, or Bleach where they intend to drag out one  story through 60 episodes before you get any relivent information.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Wanderer

Ya'll know... maybe she just didn't RECOGNIZE him from wherever she was? How good are you at identifying random people you aren't expecting to see at 300 yards?

My response to the offscreen speaker would probably involve some impolite gesture which would generally tell him/her to keep their nose stuck in their own business, and not mine.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Wanderer on January 22, 2007, 10:22:26 PM
Ya'll know... maybe she just didn't RECOGNIZE him from wherever she was? How good are you at identifying random people you aren't expecting to see at 300 yards?

My response to the offscreen speaker would probably involve some impolite gesture which would generally tell him/her to keep their nose stuck in their own business, and not mine.

yeah, after all, not two comics ago, Kria appeared very surprised to find that Abel was hiding behind the cart.

My theory is that Kria is the one who killed Devin (if not Xander et. all as well) and was coming to make sure he was down for good.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Meech

I get the impression that Kria was not involved in the killing.  I am also thinking that Fa'Lina had already started the SAIA when this was happening.  I am also thinking that Destania may have already been enrolled in the SAIA and that she would be there at the time that this tragedy occurred.  I just feel that it isn't Dark Pegasus so I'm going with my instincts there.

I say that it may be an entirely new character that we have not me yet.  Kria's mother!

And what does the hungry-hungry hippo world championship cup look like anyway?

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 10:21:25 PMAh, please... You keep forgetting the fact that she didn't know it was Abel in the first place. All she and that other one saw was a big group with "Food!" stamped on it in red letters, and you know it.

Ding!  I think Stygian has made a plausible argument here.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 22, 2007, 10:21:40 PMI believe Amber likes to drag things out with Abel's storyline because it creates a sense of drama, not unlike that found in japanese animie shows like Pokemon, or Bleach where they intend to drag out one  story through 60 episodes before you get any relivent information.

I'm telling you, it feels like Amber wants us to speculate about this.  That's why I'm speculating.  And I'm speculating that it's not one of the dragons or `cubi.  Abel doesn't have any immediate beef with the Dragons--only by extension of Destania/Dan, and I would expect the `cubi to have a different reaction to the situation.  Or at the very least, I would expect Kria not to be maddened by the statement, since she would know that the creature (hereafter Gary) wouldn't be serious.

(Stop Ninja'ing me!)

Quote from: Meech on January 22, 2007, 10:28:03 PMI am also thinking that Fa'Lina had already started the SAIA when this was happening.  I am also thinking that Destania may have already been enrolled in the SAIA and that she would be there at the time that this tragedy occurred.

Naw, really?  Destania is 7000+ years old.  Fa'Lina offered professorship to Aaryanna at around 428 years old.  Dee could have been dean of any of the colleges by now.  She wasn't, but that's beside the point.

Quote from: Meech on January 22, 2007, 10:28:03 PMI say that it may be an entirely new character that we have not me yet.  Kria's mother!

I doubt that Gary is Kria's mother.  I was going to say earlier that Gary must be someone that we already know, or else we would have seen Gary.  This is not strictly true.  If we know what race Gary is, that ends a lot of speculation, as well.  At any rate, I suspect that if we saw Gary, we would instantly know all about her.