1/17/07 Free shot

Started by thegayhare, January 16, 2007, 10:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Ohhh

Looks like Wildy and Biggs are closer then they let on

superluser

Huh?  Are Jyrras and Wildy still upset at each other?

...I suppose it has only been a day...if that.

P.S. I can't tell you how many arguments I've won by offering my opponent a free hit.  They get freaked out and run away.  Score one for turning the other cheek!

P.P.S. I wonder how long it will take Biggs to figure out that Alexsi's brother is actually her half-brother.  He's still ``at large.''  Hum.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sienna Maiu - M T

I think "at large" is in reference to the fact that he isn't at the Academy.
And Wildy and Biggs truely are birds of a feather... or ferrets of a fur as the case may be.

Pentawolf

Heh... I wonder if wildy will start confronting Jy to hit her repeatedly until he breaks down and actualy does... but its only mere speculation.. she may only remain miffed as she is for a while.. and get over it.. or do something particularly nasty to him for not taking her up on the offer.."

Psaakyrn

Quote from: thegayhare on January 16, 2007, 10:41:02 PM
Ohhh

Not only that, but Biggs is talking way too much for someone who's supposed to be keeping secrets.. unless Wildy is in the act as well.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Supercheese

Biggs... still manipulative, I see.

Zorro

Teroniss

Quote from: Psaakyrn on January 16, 2007, 11:18:30 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on January 16, 2007, 10:41:02 PM
Ohhh

Not only that, but Biggs is talking way too much for someone who's supposed to be keeping secrets.. unless Wildy is in the act as well.

Well, they are siblings, twins if im not mistaken. Although they dont show it, I think Wildy and Biggs actually have a good amount of respect for each other. That said, I think that respect and closeness as twins allows them to share each others secrets without fear of them being leaked out.

Zedd

Im sure we all can learn on this....When a lady wants a punch or something..Do it

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on January 16, 2007, 11:51:57 PM
Im sure we all can learn on this....When a lady wants a punch or something..Do it

Any girl who can take a hit is worth keeping.  :batman

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on January 16, 2007, 11:15:19 PMI think "at large" is in reference to the fact that he isn't at the Academy.

The OED lists a number of definitions for ``at large.''  They all seem to mean that the thing is free of certain constraints (e.g. representative at large from Alaska, Editor at large).  Generally, when a person is referred to as ``at large,'' without any other modifiers, it means that the person is at an unknown or undisclosed location (i.e. ``at large in Furrae'' would mean at an indeterminate location in Furrae).

So this would imply that people--or, rather, things--are looking for him, and they don't know where he is.  Biggs would surely not bring it up as a diversion, because Wildy might say something like, ``Dan?  Oh, he's over at Lost Lake.''  And then it would be impossible for Biggs to deny (to Wildy, at least) that he knows where Dan is.

Quote from: Zedd on January 16, 2007, 11:51:57 PMIm sure we all can learn on this....When a lady wants a punch or something..Do it

Only if you're sure that she'll dodge it and hit you back.

Cogidubnus

My upbringing was such that it was deemed ungentlemanly to hit a girl. When she asks for one, however, one should use discretion - for example:

Wildy's 'reflexes' being what they are, I somehow think that a free hit would be a lot less 'free' than one would think.

Fex

after reading the word Wedding I start to wonder are Bigs and Destania going to marry

Aridas

Fex, in case you weren't paying attention to this entire arc, it was a fake wedding to be "had" between biggs and alexsi, as an excuse to get her and wildy over as explained just now.

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Kenji on January 16, 2007, 11:53:04 PM
Quote from: Zedd on January 16, 2007, 11:51:57 PM

Any girl who can take a hit is worth keeping.  :batman

I think this only aplies to the Irish. (Kidding   :cheers)

Stygian

Take a hit? Yeuch. Not likely. Messed up faces aren't a nice deal, nor are the bodies required to stand a good hit. Give a hit though...

Tycoon

Well, I'm sure that Wildy can ask Abel for a replacement punch if she really wants one.  :P

Good comic, though. Character developement of that sort is always nice.

Sid

Whoohoo! I knew/hoped that #700 wouldn't be the end of Wildy's moody low! :boogie
*goes all :P at the people who thought that she was already over the Jyrras issue*

One of my fav comics of the arc. :)
:boogie

Akisohida

Hehe. I have a pregnant co-worker alot like Wildy. At my job, there is alot of playful insults, jokes, and whatnot flying around and she was cleaning up some cinnastick frosting that had spilled and mock-shoved the towel at my face. My first reaction was to knock her arm aside and bring my hands up (overtrained from martial arts, really) to cover my upper torso and head. She goes 'Come on, hit me!' and I replied 'I do not hit a woman unless she is trying to kill me.' and my co-worker thought I ment it was because she is 28 days away from giving birth and promptly replied 'So? I'm not pregnant in the face!' :erk
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Prof B Hunnydew

Boys boys

You can only hit a girl If
A) she is a mechanic or warrior and
B) she buddy punches everybody and she hits you first.
and
C) her favorite Quote is "Ah now that is two, for filching"

PBH  :3

Kenji

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 17, 2007, 10:55:11 AM
Boys boys

You can only hit a girl If
A) she is a mechanic or warrior and
B) she buddy punches everybody and she hits you first.
and
C) her favorite Quote is "Ah now that is two, for filching"

PBH  :3

Hey now, I never said anything about hitting her myself. But knowing she can take one, and possibly dish one back out in return, is always a good thing to know. Never know when she'll need it out there.

Alondro

*Charline notes a decidedly dramatic turn in the comic, with lots of character-building moments and angst... and thus cannot resist*  Next time, on "As Furrae Turns" or "General Tavern", Dan discovers that Abel is actually his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate and Fa'lina is pregnant with his love child after an incident with the Librarian.. don't ask.  Meanwhile, Mab finally breaks down after she can no longer bear the disappearance of Merlitz and goes on a binge of painkillers and catnip, ending up in a coma during which she will enter an alternative timeline in which she's trapped in French Canada and can only communicate by mime.   >:3

*Charles would punch Wildy for Jyrras... but decides that Charline delivers enough pain to him as it stands.*  She'd get out the big axe.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

While I don't think Wildy is in on Biggs schemes but she definitly knows he's way smarter then he lets on.

as for the anger diffusing thing

Wildy has alot of stress and Biggs is family he can be trusted hear her out

family is family after all

sides she can always come back and kill him later

Alan Garou

Even in comforting her, Biggs manages to lie to her. And it seems that either Wildy isn't that drunk yet, or is a clear-headed drunk.

Magic

QuoteWildy's 'reflexes' being what they are, I somehow think that a free hit would be a lot less 'free' than one would think.

Actually, think about it. Wildy is the kind of person who means what she says.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Stygian

Quote from: Ink on January 17, 2007, 09:33:56 PM

No really? Peh. In either case, there is a difference between taking a punch and taking punishment. In her case, I'd say that just a smack is getting off easy. Emotional anguish is something she seems uncomfortable with, at least. So maybe Jyrras knew what he was doing.

Magic

Quote from: Stygian on January 17, 2007, 09:41:46 PM
Quote from: Ink on January 17, 2007, 09:33:56 PM

No really? Peh.

Stating the obvious is nice since not everyone listens to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be saying it in the first place.

Anyway.

While she may seem weak when it comes to angst, this seems an isolated case since she honestly can't say to herself that she didn't do something wrong in the first place.

Keep in mind, her conscience doesn't bother her as much with the other things she does. Normally, she'd shrug these things off. It's just a moment of weakness, similar to when Abel told her about it.

EDIT:
Although, talking to her brother, this would one of those rare times when she gets to share about how she feels and such.

Or not.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

ShiningShadow

As I see it Wildly is being honest and her brother is doing what a brother is doing listening. But knowing Biggs he might use her emotions to his advantage towards his scheme. But I could be wrong on this because I never see Bigg as a understanding brother. Wildly has to face up to the fact that what she did to Jyrass was wrong and she has to accpet the responsibility and ask him to fogive Wildly.

Aleolus

Quote from: Alan Garou on January 17, 2007, 06:19:56 PM
Even in comforting her, Biggs manages to lie to her. And it seems that either Wildy isn't that drunk yet, or is a clear-headed drunk.

Clear-headed drunk?  Isn't that an oxymoron?  I just think she hasn't had much to drink yet.

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on January 18, 2007, 01:25:21 PMClear-headed drunk?  Isn't that an oxymoron?  I just think she hasn't had much to drink yet.

Depends.  The first two posts that I made to this thread were under the influence of 5oz of gin and an ounce of vermouth (roughly the equivalent of half a six pack).

I don't think that either of them indicate a particularly fuzzy-headed nature.

``I quote the OED a lot when I'm drunk.''  I'm totally .sigging that.