2007/01/13 I wonder where Glory's gone?

Started by superluser, January 12, 2007, 07:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

So what did Kria know, and when did she know it?

She seems not to care that Abel's got headwings, so that would seem to mean that she's fully aware that he's an incubus, and Kria would be just about the only character that could pull off that sort of firepower...

I declare that this strip has made me happy.

Edit: This seems to be up rather early...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

You didn't.  You did not just kill everyone and just sidle up to Abel like nothing has happened yet.

If you did Kria, you're reaching Drip level of infamy in my mind.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on January 12, 2007, 07:52:38 PMYou didn't.  You did not just kill everyone and just sidle up to Abel like nothing has happened yet.

If you did Kria, you're reaching Drip level of infamy in my mind.

And showing no more remorse than offering to pay a check for eating someone doesn't?

Meech

Remember that the bad guys are adventurers in Kria's mind.

Faerie Alex

I don't think she was the one doing the killing. Those that were recognize her as a friend (or fellow demon), and thus aren't firing at her (less they face her demonic wrath). Now, she might have something to do with what's going on, but I don't think she's acting alone.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Zedd

Manawolf

That was random person, when you mess up the life of a character the audience has been following in one swift action is what brings it to Drip status.

Those who don't know, Drip is a character from the comic Jack, which is mature, and Drip makes a very malicious villain in it, who will **** both your body and your mind.

Tapewolf

My, doesn't she look young?
Now just how in blazes has Kria changed from a kindergarten teacher into the psycho who's just killed/helped kill both Abel's companions?  And what's Abel going to do when he realises it was her wot done it?  (No, Modelincard, Kria is not just going to take a peaceful stroll through a warzone... she's involved in this)

Is he going to go all "No!  We've got to take Devin and Xander with us!" on her?  (That would be kind of sweet, but how Kria would take it I don't know...)

..and Abel is going to go totally apesh__ when he finds Kria in Lost Lake.  It'll be like Pyroduck all over again.  Curious that he didn't see her in Jy-jy's mind though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

Meheehehe... hahaa... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Oh yes, it's that good. Finally something for plotting, and to take my mind of Dan's idiocy...*

Aridas

I have to wonder what she's been doing in the middle of this battlefield. Because either she waltzed in there after everything was over (technically to make thist the most possible, EVERYONE would have to have died except for abel), or she was the one on the roof. Which would suck for Abel if he ever found out.

Toric

Now now, I'm sure she just happened to be passing through, and both has nothing to do with the recent fighting and somehow is completely oblivious to it and its aftermath. As the saying goes, "It's not what it looks like!" /sarcasm :mowtongue
Yap by Silver.

MaskedRetriever

Eh, Abel wasn't IN Jyrras' mind long or he would've found out about WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE in all likelyhood.

Iiiiiii think Kria splatched Devin and Xander.  Which, y'know, BUH.

Even if she didn't, I'll bet she knows what's going on, and given how very very little Kria respects the right beings have to not get eaten and splatched, I kind of doubt Abel's gonna get any more sympathy than "yeah, befriending beings can result in getting bummed out when someone eats 'em.  Tough break there."

Remember, when figuring out how Kria would react, think Nietzche.

And even if she did splatch Devin and Xander, she's still HOT.

-_-

terrycloth

It should be obvious whether she was one of the creatures attacking the adventurers. She'd still have her PvP flag on.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:02:06 PMMy, doesn't she look young?
Now just how in blazes has Kria changed from a kindergarten teacher into the psycho who's just killed/helped kill both Abel's companions?

Strangely young.  Battling adventurers must do wonders for the skin, since she dropped at least five years since we last saw her.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:02:06 PMAnd what's Abel going to do when he realises it was her wot done it?  (No, Modelincard, Kria is not just going to take a peaceful stroll through a warzone... she's involved in this)

For once, plot convenience and realism coincide.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:02:06 PMIs he going to go all "No!  We've got to take Devin and Xander with us!" on her?  (That would be kind of sweet, but how Kria would take it I don't know...)

I don't think even he'd try that.  Hemophobia, you know.  Unless someone has a convenient burlap sack, my prediction is that he'll pass out if he tries to stand.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:02:06 PM..and Abel is going to go totally apesh__ when he finds Kria in Lost Lake.  It'll be like Pyroduck all over again.  Curious that he didn't see her in Jy-jy's mind though.

Two possibilities:

(1) Abel has continued on at the demon schools in Zinvth
(2) Abel took the first ticket outta Zinvth, and it just happened to have SAIA written on it.

If the former (and we'll know by next Saturday, I'll bet), then I'm sure he's made his peace with Kria, and the only shock would be meeting an old friend.  If the latter, then the final solution to the dragons will coincide with another pitched battle.

In either case, I'd bet a Coke that after Abel talks to Jyrras about his crush, he'll meet Lorenda, who will happen to mention her last name, and entertaining things will follow.

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on January 12, 2007, 08:09:19 PMRemember, when figuring out how Kria would react, think Nietzche.

I don't think it even goes that far.  I think she just thinks, ``Mmm!  Meat!''

Oh, and Firefox has `Nietzsche' in spell check.  Awesome.

Akisohida

A message was sent to notify people about what Devin and them found. PErhaps Kria had responded to the message? Remember, this is back in the past; Kria was nice enough to be a teacher and could still be very nice at this point in time. The main concern in ANY battle with innocents is to get them out of harms way. Going 'OMG! There are two dead guys near you!' when the attack could start up again would be bad. :)

Again, this is bad in time, perhaps Kria is still nice and therefor NOT one of the attackers. She may be staying calm to help calm Abel down.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on January 12, 2007, 08:09:19 PM
Eh, Abel wasn't IN Jyrras' mind long or he would've found out about WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE in all likelyhood.
Uhhh...?

Abel's first action was to do a scan on Jyrras, that's before Jyrras even set eyes on him.  From that he learned that Jyrras was one of Dan's allies.  Shortly afterwards he discovers Jyrras is gay for Dan.  Jyrras faints giving Abel a further possible opportunity to scan him, and when he awakes they talk and Abel discovers that he also has a crush on 'that cow girl'.  Curiously he doesn't see who's daughter 'that cow girl' is, or more to he point that Kria has a crush on Jyrras.

Jyrras doesn't decide he's gay for Abel until later, so Abel is not going to be able to pick up on that during the SAIA part of the arc.

QuoteEven if she didn't, I'll bet she knows what's going on, and given how very very little Kria respects the right beings have to not get eaten and splatched I kind of doubt Abel's gonna get any more sympathy than "yeah, befriending beings can result in getting bummed out when someone eats 'em.  Tough break there."

That's an odd attitude for a kindergarten teacher when half or more of the class is going to be Beings.  :S

QuoteAnd even if she did splatch Devin and Xander, she's still HOT.
True.

superluser

Quote from: Akisohida on January 12, 2007, 08:17:19 PMA message was sent to notify people about what Devin and them found. PErhaps Kria had responded to the message?

It's still rather soon for that to happen.  Kria's in Zinvth, remember?

Akisohida

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 08:20:52 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on January 12, 2007, 08:17:19 PMA message was sent to notify people about what Devin and them found. PErhaps Kria had responded to the message?

She is a demon; She runs fast and does not tire easily..And who says she was in the city? And since that watch post is near the border, she could have easily been in the city and still got there.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:20:37 PMThat's an odd attitude for a kindergarten teacher when half or more of the class is going to be Beings.  :S

You know, there was a koala in that classroom, but everyone else was a Creature (and the koala might've been one, too).  I think that pretty much all of the students are Creatures.  Do note that it's usually not in your best interest to orphan your wards, as it tends to make paying tuition a little more difficult.

Also, *Missus* Soulstealer?  How many times has she been married?

llearch n'n'daCorna

*puts on hula skirt and twists*

:-)

Most excellent, Amber. Indeed.

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 08:16:50 PM
Strangely young.  Battling adventurers must do wonders for the skin, since she dropped at least five years since we last saw her.

It's the corset, obviously. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Quote from: Akisohida on January 12, 2007, 08:24:14 PM
Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 08:20:52 PM

She is a demon; She runs fast and does not tire easily..And who says she was in the city? And since that watch post is near the border, she could have easily been in the city and still got there.

You're giving demons too much credit.  Maybe if she dropped to all fours...

And while sexy in appearance, the whole murder thing is kind of a buzzkill.  Sorry babe, I don't swing that way.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 08:31:00 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:20:37 PMThat's an odd attitude for a kindergarten teacher when half or more of the class is going to be Beings.  :S

You know, there was a koala in that classroom, but everyone else was a Creature (and the koala might've been one, too).  I think that pretty much all of the students are Creatures.

There's only three other kids in-shot though.. not really enough to tell.  Aren't modern-style cities supposed to be more of a Being thing?  (The city itself protected by demons/angels in exchange for a tribute)
Also Beings are the most populous race in Furrae - Cid and May are allowed to roam the city without being eaten so Beings are obviously welcome/tolerated within it.

QuoteDo note that it's usually not in your best interest to orphan your wards, as it tends to make paying tuition a little more difficult.
Thing is, she's (apparently) been killing people outside the city.  Whether that's some official Zinvth policy or whether she's... uh...
Crazy 2AM idea - what if Kria is teaching demons to hunt Beings?

Dard

My thoughts:

- She did slaughter everybody else.
- She just moved in to slaughter the last survivor, meaning Abel.
- Being a rampaging demoness is only one of her jobs. Being a kindergarden teacher is just another of her professions.
- It just wouldn't be right to maim and gut a former student. It wouldn't be proper. That's all that saved Abel.
- I don't think that it is that Abel is a creature that saved him. It's just that there were mostly creatures in the city where she worked before. I guess a she wouldn't kill a former Being-pupil either. But that's just speculation.
- Yes, she does look very young.
- "If anyone sees you, they'll probably kill you." Who 'they'. Either she had accomplices or she means any Beings that find him there in the middle of all that carnage. I guess the former.
- I wouldn't be surprised if Glory has already been dispatched.
- I don't want to speculate about a possible Abel-Kria relationship in current DMFA-time. I consider anything possible. The same goes if she knew that Abel was a cubi befoore or not.

Zorro

QuoteThing is, she's (apparently) been killing people outside the city.  Whether that's some official Zinvth policy or whether she's... uh...
Crazy 2AM idea - what if Kria is teaching demons to hunt Beings?

Paladins!  They are Good Eats!   :kruger

Hellcat

missUSS Soulstealer?! Did Kria have another marridge?

Nino

Quote from: Dard on January 12, 2007, 08:49:43 PM
My thoughts:

- She did slaughter everybody else.
- She just moved in to slaughter the last survivor, meaning Abel.
- Being a rampaging demoness is only one of her jobs. Being a kindergarden teacher is just another of her professions.
- It just wouldn't be right to maim and gut a former student. It wouldn't be proper. That's all that saved Abel.
- I don't think that it is that Abel is a creature that saved him. It's just that there were mostly creatures in the city where she worked before. I guess a she wouldn't kill a former Being-pupil either. But that's just speculation.
- Yes, she does look very young.
- "If anyone sees you, they'll probably kill you." Who 'they'. Either she had accomplices or she means any Beings that find him there in the middle of all that carnage. I guess the former.
- I wouldn't be surprised if Glory has already been dispatched.
- I don't want to speculate about a possible Abel-Kria relationship in current DMFA-time. I consider anything possible. The same goes if she knew that Abel was a cubi befoore or not.

See, I disagree. I think she thinks of things as a creature/being war and meant that beings would kill Abel, esp. since that's what Devin said would happen if he were there alone too. And we know Kria rampaged; I don't think that just means mildly terrifying beings.

And I am almost sure that Abel's status as a creature is what saved him. And since either May or Cid is a creature (most likely), other creatures may have known this (just knowing that a cubi must have a cubi parent and May must be the mother due to the resemblance) and respected the family. In fact, the members of Zinvth may have thought both parents were cubi.

Remember, (some) creatures do not think of the death of beings as tragic because of their short life spans, and they had been hunting her, thus is Kria's mind I'm sure she thought she had perfectly good reasons to kill them.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:49:00 PMThere's only three other kids in-shot though.. not really enough to tell.  Aren't modern-style cities supposed to be more of a Being thing?  (The city itself protected by demons/angels in exchange for a tribute)
Also Beings are the most populous race in Furrae - Cid and May are allowed to roam the city without being eaten so Beings are obviously welcome/tolerated within it.

I've missed the part where Zinvth is protected by demons/angels for a tribute.

Anyways, it could be the Creature school.  You presume that there are at least 50% Beings, but I see no evidence to support that.

As to Cid and May being able to roam the city, I've said before that they are paying for Abel's tuition, and Abel's tuition pays their salaries, so...

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:49:00 PMCrazy 2AM idea - what if Kria is teaching demons to hunt Beings?

I like.  I like.
(Well, actually, I don't like.  I like the fact that you thought of it?)

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Dard

@Kattuccino
And I think that Kria is just (almost) killing at random.
I think the only reason why she probably kills less Beings is that Creatures usually can defend themselves better.
I don't think she has anything against Beings except that she considers them weaklings. I mean, she married one once! And didn't kill him before he cheated her.
Of course this may have happend later, but I don't think so. After all, she is already a Mrs.

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on January 12, 2007, 08:09:19 PMAnd even if she did splatch Devin and Xander, she's still HOT.

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks that Kria looks like she stepped out of an 80's glam-rock band.  Either that or I'm the only one who thinks that that's a bad thing.  I think she'd look smart in a suit with her hair down.

(You know, I heard an easy-listening remix of Private Eyes the other day.  No, this was even more easy listening.  Somebody really likes Rhodes Piano!)