1/11/11: 'Ja miss me?

Started by bill, January 11, 2007, 08:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Aridas

I hope it wasn't plugged in and turned on at the time. I imagine the tan would be less than perfect >.>

Kenji

Dan and Abel snuck up on him. o:

Stygian

Well, that's randomness in its purest essence...

Alondro

Heh heh.  Poor Alexsi gets home and finds naught but angst and a drake trying to merge cybernetically with a toaster.  I'll bet she almost wishes she'd married Biggs and lived a life of spoiled rich luxury.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Dard

Is that toasted-Pip-thing some obscure reference to a movie, book or series that I just don't get?

superluser

Does this strip seem like filler to anyone else?  Like the arc is done, and Amber is waiting for a specific date to start the new one?

Quote from: Dard on January 11, 2007, 08:37:09 PMIs that toasted-Pip-thing some obscure reference to a movie, book or series that I just don't get?

Oh, wait!  You're right!

Lisa: Dad!  Your hand is jammed in the toaster!
        [everyone screams; Homer runs around]
Homer: Aah!  Get it off!  Get it off!  [slams it into things] Get it off of me!
        [throws it off, sighs, slumps down to floor]
Bart: Dad!  It's in there again!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2007, 08:48:48 PM
Does this strip seem like filler to anyone else?

Unless Monday will have a belated birthday thingy for her Darkmoon (thus stalling the action now to avoid cutting right into the "spectacular arc opening" or something), I think this is just a regular arc-ending filler-ish strip. Sorta like cleaning up the battlefield afterwards, what with sending Dan out to Jyrras and Abel heading to the basement. *shrugs*
:boogie

Sunblink

Niiiiiiiice way to welcome Alexsi back, Dan and Abel. :p I'm surprised she didn't take a mallet to their skulls as a big "NOTICE ME". THAT'S the number way to get someone's attention.

Here's hoping that things go well with Dan and Jyrras, and that Abel at least gets a second of peace before he's inevitably yanked out of the basement again.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aridas

But the brain damage will make them too useless to pull their own weight, and Alexsi would have to kick them out... You know how proficient she is with that mallet of hers.

Faerie Alex

Hmm...Alexi looks just like Dan did as her...only angrier.

Maybe Alexi will see the review and be like "Wait...I wasn't there, then...DAN!"
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: modelincard on January 11, 2007, 09:16:21 PM
Hmm...Alexi looks just like Dan did as her...only angrier.

Maybe Alexi will see the review and be like "Wait...I wasn't there, then...DAN!"
You THINK?
I know!  :mwaha

When she reads it, she will probably go to Abel and demand to know exactly what happened.

Also, Merlitz will see it, realize that he totally forgot about the interview, go to Lost Lake and ask Alexi where the other feline that looks like him went.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Boog

Dan: *Runs back in, pushes lever on toaster down, runs away*

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 11, 2007, 09:13:56 PMNiiiiiiiice way to welcome Alexsi back, Dan and Abel. :p I'm surprised she didn't take a mallet to their skulls as a big "NOTICE ME". THAT'S the number way to get someone's attention.

Given the way this strip is written, I'll bet that we're going to see an arc coming up where she plays a much larger role.  So much so that we're gonna ask, ``Hey!  Where are Dan and Mab?''

Quote from: modelincard on January 11, 2007, 09:16:21 PMHmm...Alexi looks just like Dan did as her...only angrier.

You've got a point, there.  They are siblings.

Quote from: modelincard on January 11, 2007, 09:16:21 PMMaybe Alexi will see the review and be like "Wait...I wasn't there, then...DAN!"

Unlikely.  There's usually a rather long lead time for non-current-affairs articles, and that's more than enough time to fill her in.

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2007, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: modelincard on January 11, 2007, 09:16:21 PMMaybe Alexi will see the review and be like "Wait...I wasn't there, then...DAN!"

Unlikely.  There's usually a rather long lead time for non-current-affairs articles, and that's more than enough time to fill her in.

Double unlikely since Mab, Wildy and Pyro all knew of the plan and most likely filled her in already.
:boogie

superluser

OK.  Here's something that's been bothering me since I read the strip, and thinking about it has just made it worse.  Why has Pip's head been stuck in the toaster for hours?  Figured that one out--Pip didn't go with them, and in the brief time since they're returned, Pip has filled her in.

But then I saw another problem--why does no one seem to care that Pyro is missing?  Shouldn't they be looking for him?

superluser

Damaris

While I'm sure Darkmoon would get all choked up if someone made him a birthday comic, I'm not sure anyone likes him that much.

Poor, misunderstood Darkmoon.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Valynth

Quote from: Sid on January 11, 2007, 09:54:26 PM
Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2007, 09:37:45 PM

Double unlikely since Mab, Wildy and Pyro all knew of the plan and most likely filled her in already.

Unless everyone forgets due to the angst over-load and simple priorities.....Whaat?  Toaster wounds can kill if not treated immediately!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on January 12, 2007, 12:02:07 AMUnless everyone forgets due to the angst over-load and simple priorities.....Whaat?  Toaster wounds can kill if not treated immediately!

Huh?  How?  By electrocution?  I think you'll note that the toaster seems to be unplugged.  By heat?  Pip's a drake.  He's practically immune to fire.  By getting a head jammed into an uncomfortable position?  This cute cat story suggests not.

Psaakyrn

On a random note.. Are they so heavy that they have to be rested on the bar counter, or is it just an Alexi-specific behaviour? (Ok, so I'm male and have no inkling of female behaviour..)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Psaakyrn on January 12, 2007, 12:12:27 AMOn a random note.. Are they so heavy that they have to be rested on the bar counter, or is it just an Alexi-specific behaviour? (Ok, so I'm male and have no inkling of female behaviour..)

You know, I was thinking about that, myself.  It makes sense for Danlexsi to do it, because he's clueless about what his body looks like, but it does strike me as odd that Alexsi would.  The dress looks like it has some serious support, too.

Of course, it would explain why Pyro is always sitting there...

xHaZxMaTx

She couldn't have been gone for more than a few hours.  She must expect to be missed in the morning after everyone wakes up from their 8 hours of sleep.

Manawolf

I suppose Pip doesn't have a long tongue, otherwise it wouldn't be his whole head stuck in there.

superluser

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on January 12, 2007, 01:01:51 AMShe couldn't have been gone for more than a few hours.  She must expect to be missed in the morning after everyone wakes up from their 8 hours of sleep.

Well, you know, she was kidnapped.  You might expect a rather large homecoming after that sort of thing.  Also, you'd expect your friends and family to be concerned about your well-being, except that in this case, it's Alexsi, who really never needs to be concerned about her well-being.

Distracting

Quote from: Manawolf on January 12, 2007, 01:21:57 AM
I suppose Pip doesn't have a long tongue, otherwise it wouldn't be his whole head stuck in there.
Yes, that or he simply got curious. Curiosity often leads to embarrassing situations.

Manawolf

If not for the wings, he might have let curiousity get to him all the more.

Distracting

"Why is the toaster growling at me?"

Yeah, wings would really be a curse in a time like that. I mean, I'd love to hide in a toaster if  I ever got the chance. Getting stuck is another matter all its own.