dirrh I'm dan 1/5/06

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 04, 2007, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

hmm, Amber needs to watch more scrubs reruns to really make Abel's personality shine.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Faerie Alex

And, in other news, Mab is now grapes. Soon, we'll be able to make a fruit salad. :mwaha
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Caswin

Clever use of shapeshifting by Abel.  Nice.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Boog

Heh. He is getting a tad predictable. I honestly don't see why he'd think Jyrras had a problem with his cubidom though. He has shown no sign whatsoever of treating him differently. Hell, he's the one who gave him the bracer patch. Expensive piece of equipment there, and he handed it over for a friend in need. And he's worried about Jyrras trusting him?

Aisha deCabre

Indeed.  Dan needs to get over a few security issues, but he can't seem to handle them one at a time.  First the Cubi thing and now poor Jy-Jy...  :rolleyes

On a lighter note...I absolutely LOVE Abel's expression in the last panel.  The first comic in a while that actually made me snort loudly.   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Hellcat

Abel won't be like that for long once Dan tells him who Jyrras' new crush is, hehe

superluser

Gentlemen, I do believe someone owes me a Coke.  I said that there would be at least one more strip with an Abel punchline, and there was.  And a reference to Abel reading Dan's thoughts.

Furthermore, dancing. :ipod

Also, Jyrras is, by definition, afraid of Dan, now that Dan's an incubus.  He's afraid that Dan will read his thoughts without his permission.  Now, that doesn't mean that he's afraid of incubi in general, but it does mean that Dan's statement is true.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sid

As funny as the comic is, I think that Abel is focusing a bit too much on the small picture. Kinda hoping that they won't just leave it at that and go moping again...
:boogie

Supercheese

Anyone else notice the "Jyras" in the first panel? Shouldn't it be "Jyrras"?

Looking in Amber's Rant, methinks I know why...

QuoteIn other news...I got a new keyboard...so if I have a billion typos...its likely because I'm still trying to get the hang of typing on the blasted thing.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on January 04, 2007, 10:09:20 PMAs funny as the comic is, I think that Abel is focusing a bit too much on the small picture. Kinda hoping that they won't just leave it at that and go moping again...

Nah.  This is just Amber letting us catch our breath before the next series of strips, which are going to be a long series of cliffhanger-style action.  The next strip will probably be one of the following:

(*) Jyrras/the reporter running into Alexsi
(*) the reporter/Merlitz's old party returning to Lost Lake
(*) an ``Elsewhere...'' shot of the party returning to the dragons
(*) an ``Elsewhere...'' shot of Merlitz's present party reporting back to Destania (not likely, but included for reasons of symmetry)

Zedd

Assholeim Abel 101 is now open for classes...

Kenji

Wow, Abel never looked better! O:

Anri

Quote from: Sid on January 04, 2007, 10:09:20 PM
As funny as the comic is, I think that Abel is focusing a bit too much on the small picture.

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of 'Education via blunt trauma'.

Sirius Griffon

That last expression s indeed quite priceless. *grins* And yeah, Dans pretty easy to read without having to 'Read' I would think. *smiles*

RushFox

Classic Abel.

I guess this also falls under his "sucks to be you" policy...  :giggle

That "Dur de dur" expression on the last panel? Win.

Fanboy commentary aside, I think Danny boy needs talk to Jyrras soon and get this matter straightened out ASAP. I can only take moping lead characters for so long.

Actually, I think another "adventure" is needed here. *hint hint*  :)

Sid

Quote from: superluser on January 04, 2007, 10:22:46 PM
Nah.  This is just Amber letting us catch our breath before the next series of strips, which are going to be a long series of cliffhanger-style action.  The next strip will probably be one of the following:

(*) Jyrras/the reporter running into Alexsi
(*) the reporter/Merlitz's old party returning to Lost Lake
(*) an ``Elsewhere...'' shot of the party returning to the dragons
(*) an ``Elsewhere...'' shot of Merlitz's present party reporting back to Destania (not likely, but included for reasons of symmetry)

Yes, I'm afraid you may be right ;)
Ah well. We'll see how things end... or not... *leans back, adjusts his sunglasses and watches*

Quote from: Tikki on January 04, 2007, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: Sid on January 04, 2007, 10:09:20 PM
As funny as the comic is, I think that Abel is focusing a bit too much on the small picture.

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of 'Education via blunt trauma'.

No, it's Abel not wanting to solve other people's problems. So he's simply focusing on small-scale stuff. I understand the position, but I don't fully agree with the execution.
:boogie

Roureem Egas

Glad to see Dan has some sense of maturity. :) Even if it is in a rather skewed way.

As for Abel's impressoion of Dan, it was spot on. :O

Turnsky

so abel's a cynic as well as a psychic..  :mowcookie

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anri

Quote from: Sid on January 04, 2007, 10:41:41 PM
No, it's Abel not wanting to solve other people's problems. So he's simply focusing on small-scale stuff. I understand the position, but I don't fully agree with the execution.

Perhaps a bit of both even.
a: Keep me outta this trainwreck!
b: Stop blaming everything on being a 'cubi, you moron.

Boog

Quote from: Sirius Griffon on January 04, 2007, 10:33:52 PM
That last expression s indeed quite priceless. *grins* And yeah, Dans pretty easy to read without having to 'Read' I would think. *smiles*
"See Dan. See Dan whine. Whine Dan, Whine!
See Abel. See Abel mock Dan. Silly Abel, Dan will still whine."

Manawolf

Those teeth looked a little crooked.  Here, let me see if I can straighten them out...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 04, 2007, 09:50:12 PM
On a lighter note...I absolutely LOVE Abel's expression in the last panel.  The first comic in a while that actually made me snort loudly.   :U

It's still making me laugh. :-)

... incidentally, Sid - yes, you're going straight to hell for that sig. I'm still laughing about that, too...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Apropos of the donation box...

If Pyro's the banana, and Mab's the grape, does this mean that we'll be seeing Jyrras as the pretzel?

Madd the Sane

No, we'll be seeing Dan as an onion.
:erk

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to my mind.  A pickle sounds better, but Dan isn't that green.  :3
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Distracting

=O I'll bet it's that fiendish new keyboard!

My first suggestion would be to fix it with the Battle Axe of Fixing (it's a simple but expensive process, the only drawback), but I doubt many people have one lying around...

And on a note that pertains to the topic, I love how Abel looks in the third panel. It looks oddly familiar.

Supercheese

Quote from: topher chee on January 05, 2007, 12:35:22 AM
An error!  My first encounter with an error.  You spelled Jyrras wrong Amber haha, first panel, first sentence I believe.  No biggy though.

Already mentioned that, but yes.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: HeroZero on January 05, 2007, 12:41:09 AM
And on a note that pertains to the topic, I love how Abel looks in the third panel. It looks oddly familiar.
That's because it looks similar to the "Artist Vision" bunny.  I can't remember when it was, though.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Distracting

Quote from: Madd the Sane on January 05, 2007, 01:05:05 AM
Quote from: HeroZero on January 05, 2007, 12:41:09 AM
That's because it looks similar to the "Artist Vision" bunny.  I can't remember when it was, though.
Oh yeah, I remember that. I also just remembered that the face looks similar to certain cartoon faces after the character got hit with a frying pan or something.

Ah, cartoons from the good ol' days. I miss all that silly violence that oddly enough made me laugh a little... *nostalgia and such*

Valynth

I don't, characters often changed from episode to episode and continuity humor is some of the best kind in my opinion.  It's an aquired taste I guess.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Zedd