It Hurts: 12-30-06

Started by willow186129, December 30, 2006, 03:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow186129

Yes, Devin isn't dead! =D

...yet O_o;;

Dard

To accidentally read the mind of someone who is just dying...

This is so no funny!  :cry

Suwako

* Aiyno Wolf prays

I'll see what happens, in the future. :B
I have no need to speculate.  >:3

Zedd

Etheir something i ate or...Something is happening..

Ice4s

YAY! Devin alive, hope he stay that way.
He's an good char to get wasted.

Arcalane

Well, given a shoulder hit (if it is, rather than a dead-center hit, which would probably be why he can't breathe if it was - dead center probably would have done something nasty to the lungs and such) he's probably still alive. But I'd say he's going into shock pretty quick and there probably isn't much time left to save him from handing in the dinner pail, as it were.

Distracting

Wow...talk about a person's final thoughts, huh? I have the feeling that this is going to weigh on Abel's mind for a while.

Turnsky

and can Abel pull himself together for long enough to at least try to help?.. after all devin's got blood on him, too..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ice4s

Hope Abel be able to help Devin.

Wouldn't be nice see he just sit there and watch as life pass away from Devin.

But an though, abel abelity to hear what Devin thinks poped up lil suddenly, i mean, Dan now have it's head wing awhile, still can't read others mind, and also Abel him said before it take time till he be able to do that, so from this aspect this is strange

Anri

Yerg. o_o;;

I can't quite make out what's said at the bottom of the last panel though, any help?

Aridas

I can't read the text in the corner of the last panel... must be something secret.

Dard

Looks like:

"I ganclere in them.....
Luc_cait ..ove__"

xHaZxMaTx

The last two words are 'can't move...'.  Can't make anything else out, though.

Zedd

Amber sure made it tricky for us this time

Turnsky

the last line says "we can't love" ... i think.

there's two lines of text..

xHaZxMaTx

"...puncture in chest...we can't move..."

MT Hazard

Who says its thoughts that he's hearing?  I have no idea what reanimation feels like or how long it takes but this could be the start of the undead race. (or at least a increase to their numbers)

That kind of fits with the the "can't breath" and "It hurts" voices, I would expect 'so cold' to be heard as well soon, maybe with a little a little screaming as some of them realise whats going on.

Damn thats a creepy thought. Of course being stuck somewhere with a head full of dying peoples thoughts is pretty nasty as well but at least they won't come up to you looking for their loved ones/legs.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

DigitalMan

My first thought was, "Abel hears dead people," but I guess technically he's just reading the mind of a dying person. That's not as funny, though :<

Arcalane

Quote from: Ice4s on December 30, 2006, 04:54:34 AM

But an though, abel abelity to hear what Devin thinks poped up lil suddenly, i mean, Dan now have it's head wing awhile, still can't read others mind, and also Abel him said before it take time till he be able to do that, so from this aspect this is strange

He's got a hole in his chest man!

Abel's a librarian, not a miracle worker!

Psaakyrn

One other note: Why did the attacks stop anyway? Why isn't Glory doing anything?

Though the obvious reason would be that Glory managed to get up tower and is seeing to the fiend directly, but when were obvious things right. :o
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Turnsky

Quote from: Sheridan on December 30, 2006, 05:58:52 AM
Quote from: Ice4s on December 30, 2006, 04:54:34 AM

"fer god's sake's jim, i'm a coward, not a paramedic!"  >:3

Snap

First though: Woa, hes still alive!  :boogie

Second thought: Wait a sec, this oddly reminds me of the Iron-Jack death scene in SinCity....    :mowsad

:scaredkitty :bunnycry

ITOS

I bet Amber made that hard to read on purpose, even if it has no greater importance, just to tease this speculation loving forum.  :shifty
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gornemant

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 30, 2006, 05:50:56 AM
Who says its thoughts that he's hearing?  I have no idea what reanimation feels like or how long it takes but this could be the start of the undead race. (or at least a increase to their numbers)

That kind of fits with the the "can't breath" and "It hurts" voices, I would expect 'so cold' to be heard as well soon, maybe with a little a little screaming as some of them realise whats going on.

Damn thats a creepy thought. Of course being stuck somewhere with a head full of dying peoples thoughts is pretty nasty as well but at least they won't come up to you looking for their loved ones/legs.
usually it takes longer than a few second for someone to die :x

Quote from: Sheridan on December 30, 2006, 05:58:52 AM

He did learn magic didn't he? Ok, don't know which one though  :U

Turnsky

Quote from: ITOS on December 30, 2006, 07:23:08 AM
I bet Amber made that hard to read on purpose, even if it has no greater importance, just to tease this speculation loving forum.  :shifty

i can identify with her on this..  xD

Meech

I don't believe that Amber made the last bit of text hard to read intentionally.  I think that she is working at such a higher resolution that it gets more garbled than she would like when she shrinks it for the web.

Abel does know some magic.  He may know some healing magic.  Glory might come back and start healing Devin. 

Lets see what happens next.

Madmann135

I feel sorry for Devin... I serously doubt that Abel will be in his right mind and therefore be able to properly perform magic.

With luck the wound will be cauterized and there will be little blood so that if Abel knows any healing magic he will be able to perform it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Dard

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 30, 2006, 06:42:23 AM
One other note: Why did the attacks stop anyway? Why isn't Glory doing anything?

Though the obvious reason would be that Glory managed to get up tower and is seeing to the fiend directly, but when were obvious things right. :o
Yeah, it is the obvious thing, but I think it is the right one.
It would make sense if the story will go into two directions:
a) Glory finished the attacker off and returns to find a cubi and a recently killed comrade-in-arms. This could be bad for Abel if this is all Glory sees.
b) Glory fails in her attack. The attacker believes there is nobody left alive and doesn't look for Abel. Or finds Abel.
I guess the negative outcomes for Abel far outnumber the good ones. The only good we know is that Abel will eventually end up at SAIA, and the reason could be both Glory or the attacker (ironically) or a just-in-time arrival of a third party. (Warp-Aci from SAIA)

Arcalane

Quote from: Dard on December 30, 2006, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 30, 2006, 06:42:23 AM

Yeah, it is the obvious thing, but I think it is the right one.
It would make sense if the story will go into two directions:
a) Glory finished the attacker off and returns to find a cubi and a recently killed comrade-in-arms. This could be bad for Abel if this is all Glory sees.
b) Glory fails in her attack. The attacker believes there is nobody left alive and doesn't look for Abel. Or finds Abel.
I guess the negative outcomes for Abel far outnumber the good ones. The only good we know is that Abel will eventually end up at SAIA, and the reason could be both Glory or the attacker (ironically) or a just-in-time arrival of a third party. (Warp-Aci from SAIA)

"Comrade-in-Arms?" I don't think Devin and Glory were exactly on good terms there. :P

Dard

Comrades-in-arms needn't be on good terms.