Honesty hurts 27/12/06

Started by Zedd, December 27, 2006, 02:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Hey its nice she didnt kill him on the spot but in sport her chances telling the truth is usely high...Very high

Yet something is rotten in denmark and its not Ambers socks

Amber Williams

You have 1 minute to add a date to this thread otherwise I'm going to mine it.

Zedd

RJ

No wonder Abel and Fa'lina are close- Fa'lina causes confusion wherever she goes.  :)

Reese Tora

dagnit!

I'm pretty sure I didn't see your thread when I started mine

--edit--

Well, Now I have to wonder what most dragons' reaction to Dan (or 'cubi in general) should be, if Pyroduck isn't representative of the species.

I'm definently thinking that Pyroduck's time traveler cover is looking weaker and weaker as the story progresses.

(removed one date thing, added my thoughts from the thread I had started)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Roureem Egas

Fa'lina's hair is pretty light from when I last remember. Must be me. :/

Anyways, I find the little title on the bottom to be so appropriate.

Madmann135

Me personally I would have named the title of the thread "Vague honisty"

It's weird how Dan doesn't like a number of dragons, yet he owed money to one (probably befriended him) and befriended Pyroduck, in addition to the fact that a number of dragons don't like the cyra clan. 

I'm still laughing over the spinoff where Dan was ranting on why he doesn't like dragons.  Me and dan are quite alike... we are both stubborn and hold grudges for a long time.  My enemies had better be glad I don't know how to use psychic powers and therefore kill from miles away.

I just disliked Missy Pink Poodle at first... now I really hate her.  She has some oracile thing going on where she can't say a honist and direct sentence.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

You can see it in her eyes...Somethings up

Psaakyrn

Yep, Cyra clan problems it is. As for the internet, maybe it's related to some undersea cables being knocked out? http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=au6dOp0iGc5w&refer=home

Eitherway.. What's Pyro's role in all of this, and how did he get into this mess to begin with? Of cause, it may be the omniprescent factor working full time, but that's a loophole I don't think anyone want to abuse. :o
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh Fa'Lina, you fiend!
I just love Pyroduck's expression in that last panel, and Fa'Lina's is pretty cool too, both are highly effective in portraying the appropriate moods.

I empathize on your sleep issues Miss Amber, of course in my own case, I suppose a lot is self-inflicted. Tonight for example I could have easily gone to sleep before eleven, and yet my clock now reads nearly 3:30. It's as though I'm a masochist of sleep-deprivation.
Well, I wish you all the best with your sleep-scheduling.

Aridas

So, at least I was right about Pyro being alright... And this will now obviously explain why Abel's not actually going D:< DRAGON around dragons.... So, I'm beginning to think Destania has just gone insane with the draggie-killing and that most of it is a sort of survival bit. I wonder what the clan did to tick off dragons? I'm probably wrong about a few minor things here but i've got the basics.

Turnsky

either that or abel doesn't know Pyro's real identity yet..

on an artistic note, i'm envious on how amber draws wings..  and the sweet lineart  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Manawolf

Always good to have willing allies (so to speak).  At least, those who just want peace, not more war and destruction.  Then again, the cubi aren't the nicest of races either.

Zedd

Quote from: Manawolf on December 27, 2006, 02:58:55 AM
Always good to have willing allies (so to speak).  At least, those who just want peace, not more war and destruction.  Then again, the cubi aren't the nicest of races either.

*cough* Im sure some are nicer than others...

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  So, it's the 'Fa'lina and Pyro have a seperate plot' route.  Erf, that makes things even more confusing and harder to keep track of!  So now we've got the creature council plot, the Destania + Biggs plot (with or w/out Wildy?), the Fa'lina and Pyro plot, the mysterious from long-ago-Dark-Pegasus-knowing-about-Destania's-son plot, and the Charline eats everyone's souls and rules the galaxy plot.

*Charline snarls*  Didn't I tell you not to reveal that last one... *claws and fangs and wing tentacles attack!*

*Charles meep*  This is gonna hurt... alot...  :<

*Alondro winces as bits and pieces of Charles go flying this way and that...*  Oog.. that's gonna require some major reconstructive surgery... Anyway, certainly something mighty complicated is going on.  It's just a matter of who's going to act first.  And we mustn't count out the venomous Dr. Ink!  Who knows what wicked plans he's scheming behind the scenes!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dard

So it's just the Cyra clan that wants to wipe out all dragons.
I more and more get the feeling that Edward was abducted by dragons as some sort of blackmail aginst the Cyra clan and Fa'Lina wants to keep Dan ignorant about it and keep him out of the Cyra Clan's feud.
It would also explain how Pyroduck thinks he owes Dan a lot (because of his father's abduction) and how Dr. Ink was able to push Able's "button" with mentioning Edward Ti'Fiona.

I'm not sure yet about all motivations involved and how everything fits together, but it is beginning to make sense...

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on December 27, 2006, 02:25:51 AMI just love Pyroduck's expression in that last panel

Yeah.  He looks put-upon, either because he knows that he is outclassed by an enemy, or he knows that he can't seriously attack his friend/ally.

Something still seems wrong.  Fa'Lina didn't say, ``the second a dragon finds a Cyra clan member, the dragon will try to kill it.''  So this still sounds like a Dan-centric thing, not even applicable to all Cyra.

Also, Pyro and Fa'Lina talked, and mentioned Abel?  This must have been before the SAIA arc, so what's so special about Abel?  Did Pyro know that Abel was going to be Dan's tutor?

Did Fa'Lina plan to make Abel Dan's tutor all the way back?  No, she couldn't have.  She didn't have any idea that Dan existed.  So this means that there's something special about Abel, too.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on December 27, 2006, 04:26:36 AM
Something still seems wrong. Fa'Lina didn't say, ``the second a dragon finds a Cyra clan member, the dragon will try to kill it.'' So this still sounds like a Dan-centric thing, not even applicable to all Cyra.
Uh, yes she did, basically. Saying that if they find out if he was from cyra, as opposed to simply finding out he's a cubi, should be good enough.

Mock AV

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 27, 2006, 04:29:09 AMUh, yes she did, basically. Saying that if they find out if he was from cyra, as opposed to simply finding out he's a cubi, should be good enough.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but something still seems wrong.  Or...maybe this goes the other way, that Pyro isn't one to attack Dan, but will attack any other Cyra.  I dunno, the statement still seems unusually specific and tailored to one character.

Aridas

The thing that's always seemed to pop out first when people talk of dan is the fact he's Cyra clan. It comes up every time. Like... ZOMG CYRA CLAN often

Snap

Well, if im not mistaken the only members of the cyra clan weve yet come to know are the cubi in dans family... and seeing that dragons are holding dans father hostage while searching for Destania also implies that it might not be a "dragons vs cubi" thing but rather a "dragons vs dans family" thing, which kinda results in a "dragons vs destania (and offsprings)" as far as i can tell.
Correct me if i missed someone here.

Also hooray for Pyroduck being the nice exception to the rule!
With Devin and Xanders corpse already lying under the christmas tree, Pyroduck would just have been to much to take. I cant even begin to wrap my head around how wrong that would seem in the regular pg13 dmfa timeline.

Aridas

But as we already know, cyra clan cubi are rare, and Dan/Des seem to be the more immediately known... well, especially Des, I guess. But nobody really says it's about them, they talk of cyra clan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Without specifics, it's all up in the air.

For all we know, Dan is the only one of the Cyra clan who is vulnerable. And that's simply because he's the only young Cyra cubi around....

Or maybe there's another reason. We won't know until Amber lets us know. Doo be doo be doo....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Snap on December 27, 2006, 04:49:02 AMWell, if im not mistaken the only members of the cyra clan weve yet come to know are the cubi in dans family... and seeing that dragons are holding dans father hostage while searching for Destania also implies that it might not be a "dragons vs cubi" thing but rather a "dragons vs dans family" thing, which kinda results in a "dragons vs destania (and offsprings)" as far as i can tell.

See, that's what I'm wondering.  Trouble is that they aren't inherently anti-Dan, just anti-Dan-because-he's-a-Cyra.

So I'm wondering of this is some sort of prophecy thing, like ``There will come a son of an adventurer and a Cyra, and with him will end the dragon race.''

Psaakyrn

Random thought: Does the quote at the bottom also refers to http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_113.php ?

Random thought 2: What sort of "Nice" does Fa'Lina mean? The nice "Nice, or the naughty "Nice"?

Random thought 3: I think Fa'Lina deserves her own cast page (even if she already has a mini-section under demonology).

Random thought 4: End of the dragon race seems too drastic.. Maybe the prophecy is figurative like the one Aaryanna got?

Random thought too many to bother numbering: If this culmulate in a final battle..
Dee: I am your mother!
Dan: Nooooo!!!.... wait, I need to stop forgetting these things.

Random thought X: Assuming superluser prophecy is correct, an alternative meaning: Perhaps because of Dan (or more precisely, Dan's relationship with his sister's husband), that the dragons give up their secular lifestyle and form a joint university with the cubi, and the great-grandson being the principal?

Random note: The power of aluminium compells you!

llearch n'n'daCorna

If Fa'Lina was to have her own cast page, Amber would have to let out a lot more information about her that perhaps she doesn't want to, just yet.

Also, whose cast page would you remove to make space?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 27, 2006, 06:04:19 AM
If Fa'Lina was to have her own cast page, Amber would have to let out a lot more information about her that perhaps she doesn't want to, just yet.

Also, whose cast page would you remove to make space?

well, Fa'Lina could have a cast page filled with "??'s"  :mowtongue

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Psaakyrn

Not true, Regina's page has been there for a long time without new information, and Bigg's page was manipulated by Biggs to have false info.

And for your question, Aliyka technically has does less than Fa'Lina, and if I'm not wrong, appeared less too. (but adding is mor fun than removing/replacing..)

Stygian

Regardless of her former actions, I am beginning to resent Fa'Lina more and more. I vote that she be smitten with painful realization of her own conceit and some degree of truth very soon.

Quote from: superluser on December 27, 2006, 05:33:08 AM
Quote from: Snap on December 27, 2006, 04:49:02 AMWell, if im not mistaken the only members of the cyra clan weve yet come to know are the cubi in dans family... and seeing that dragons are holding dans father hostage while searching for Destania also implies that it might not be a "dragons vs cubi" thing but rather a "dragons vs dans family" thing, which kinda results in a "dragons vs destania (and offsprings)" as far as i can tell.

See, that's what I'm wondering. Trouble is that they aren't inherently anti-Dan, just anti-Dan-because-he's-a-Cyra.

So I'm wondering of this is some sort of prophecy thing, like ``There will come a son of an adventurer and daughter of a Cyra, and with him will end the dragon race.''

...I'm not sure how that all makes sense. Probably it doesn't. Hokay...

In any case, now is not the time to cop out and make the story unbearably clear. How many revelations have we had in the latest few strips? Too many, that's my opinion. You need to keep some suspense...