12-23-2006 They're attached!

Started by Faerie Alex, December 22, 2006, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Quote from: Alan Garou on December 23, 2006, 02:02:32 PM
:cry Why Amber, why? Hasn't Abel suffered enough?

No because after all this he still has to go to school

Angel

:eek (shock) bu-but D-d-de-d-dev-d-Devin-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crying  'A'  :C

What the hell is the creature why did Abel's wings choose that moment to sprout why Amber WHY!!

(bawls like a little girl)  :cry .... I need a hug...

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Zedd

[Angist mood]   :boom Their dead..And they live on...In the ground..feeding the wurms... :boom [/Angist mood]

Neverless...Its one those basic comic deaths..Everyone turns out alright maybe...

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 10:08:57 PM
(Hm, not in the 1911 Britannica, not the DSM-V...)

Just checking, if that's a UK source you'll want to spell it properly the other way, i.e. "haemophobia"

And as for the strip, let me just say "!!!".  Ah well, at least Xander's not going to be lonely.

My guess is that Abel collapses from the psychic shock and is left for dead.  Not sure if anyone's suggested that as I'm only able to get online briefly.. just time for a quick scan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

PegasusJF

The attack seems to have hit pretty high in the torso, around the collarbone.  Not sure if that's immeadiately lethal, but he may still be alive.

TWINK

Stygian

You're going to hate me for this... but to me, it's like when that guy takes off his helmet in Saving Private Ryan, or when they first see a chestburster in Alien...

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaa...!

Manawolf

That's it, I'm posting that gif as soon as I can find it.

Distracting

I remember that part in Saving Private Ryan. We watched it in school last year. >:3

Snap

Quote from: Manawolf on December 23, 2006, 06:48:38 PM
Da HAH:
Oh wow, thats so wrong it spirals right back into absolutley awesome. i could watch this all day long.
On topic: Poor Devin. You have issues and it sucks to be you. :tired

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 23, 2006, 04:18:29 PMJust checking, if that's a UK source you'll want to spell it properly the other way, i.e. "haemophobia"

Yes, *thank* you.

I've been checking both ways, since I'm not sure which is more common.  Plus, the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica lists haemophilia in its headwords, so I'm assuming that the EB would list it under haemophobia (it does not list it under either).

Anyways, I can't find anything on it anywhere, except that the Merck Manual says this:

QuotePeople with a phobia of blood, needles, or injury, unlike those with other phobias or anxiety disorders, can actually faint because an excessive vasovagal reflex produces bradycardia and orthostatic hypotension.

Ermm.  I know what hypotension is!  As for vasovagal, bradycardia and orthostatic, you might have to look it up.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

No need for me to look those up.  I are a jeaneeus cuz I wurk in a hospitol!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on December 24, 2006, 12:21:22 AM
No need for me to look those up.  I are a jeaneeus cuz I wurk in a hospitol!   :B

We didnt say you was stupid...We just said you was lazy

Whitemagebishieboy

I don't see why your getting so worked up about this.
There just characters in a story, they aren't real, they don't matter.

Especially silly since these characters were one shots anyways. Abel's story takes quite a bit before the main story, and they wouldn't be in the story anyways.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on December 24, 2006, 05:36:54 AM

It's because one of the marks of a good writer is the ability to make people like their characters and get emotional over something that they know isn't real.  Caswin had "Fi Lives!" in his signature for something like 2 years until her/its return, so I'd say Amber is very good at it.  Some people are more susceptible to this than others, I'll admit.

Snap

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on December 24, 2006, 05:36:54 AM
(...)
Uhm, if you dont care about people/characters in stories, why do you bother to read them at all? Of course ficition "doesnt matter" for stuff in real life, thats why people read it for entertainment. Duh.

superluser

Quote from: Whitemagebishieboy on December 24, 2006, 05:36:54 AMI don't see why your getting so worked up about this.

They may be fictional, but, like Rorschach test, they give insight into the mind of the creator.  For example, have you ever noticed that Mike Myers' films always have some sort of bad father figures?  Something's going on there...

That's taking it to a bit of an extreme, but it's still valid to look at the characters and story and see how the author views the world.  Indeed, some would argue that that's the only reason.

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 24, 2006, 05:47:59 AMSome people are more susceptible to this than others, I'll admit.
If you're talking about me and my two-year sig-vigil, did it occur to you that I was just lazy? <.<
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Caswin on December 24, 2006, 01:41:47 PM
If you're talking about me and my two-year sig-vigil, did it occur to you that I was just lazy? <.<

Yes, but we couldn't be bothered mentioning it.... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

in my opinion I think that Devin is still alive but on Death's door.  If you follow the blood trajectory it olooks like it's coming from his neck, now neck hits can be surviveable but that's incrediably rare due to the fact that neck shots generally take out vital veins and/or arteries (SP) that supply the brain with necessary nutrition and oxygen.  Now there are those cases where a decapitated head is still 'living,' it's normally the shock that kills but if that doesn't occur the head still moves, blinks and such for at most 30 seconds (it's horifically true) I think I'll leave it at that.

I wanna see Abel loose his cool and go psycotic on the sniper with some of the magic he knows but I'm quite sure that Abel doesn't know much offensive magic and the offensive magic he knows is probably paralisis spells or something that either vaporises with no trace or halts considering his fear of blood.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aridas

If this were the average comic, devin's still alive alright, but just enough to deliver all or most of a death speech. or insult him one last time.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on December 24, 2006, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 24, 2006, 05:47:59 AMSome people are more susceptible to this than others, I'll admit.

The line you quoted was actually aimed at WMBB (who has shown no reaction whatsoever to Amber's carefully-designed emotional death scene thing) but yeah, the bit about your "Fi Lives!" signature was about you :P

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 24, 2006, 06:34:40 PMNow there are those cases where a decapitated head is still 'living,' it's normally the shock that kills but if that doesn't occur the head still moves, blinks and such for at most 30 seconds (it's horifically true) I think I'll leave it at that.

There's also the case of Mike, the Headless Chicken.  The rooster lived for 18 months after his head was chopped off.

Madmann135

Quote from: superluser on December 24, 2006, 10:42:13 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on December 24, 2006, 06:34:40 PMNow there are those cases where a decapitated head is still 'living,' it's normally the shock that kills but if that doesn't occur the head still moves, blinks and such for at most 30 seconds (it's horifically true) I think I'll leave it at that.

There's also the case of Mike, the Headless Chicken.  The rooster lived for 18 months after his head was chopped off.

If you want to get technical, If I remember correctly that chicken only lost half of it's head and was fed through a straw.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aridas

The site says he was fed with a dropper, and it wasn't half its head as much as the chicken's brain stem (or at least most of it.. I don't remember the wording) was still intact.

thetire

"K-thnk"? that's a crossbow noise...

*GASP*

he got hit with a supersonic crossbow! that's why it would leave weapon trails. >:3

also: RU5|-| T3H 5PL01TER!

Manawolf

The thing did look a lot like a shot from a Gauss Rifle, but that's sci-fi.

Caswin

*Looks again a week later*

As long as we're speculating about it not being fatal... did anyone bring up the possibility that it didn't even hit his chest, but his right shoulder?  I'm probably reading too far into the art, but that might explain the blood being obscured by his silhouette.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Aridas

In any case, the blood's going to send abel into fits... What a crappy weakness to have.