12/16/06 - Abel's Story - 30 seconds....

Started by Grenn, December 15, 2006, 11:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenn

Ack! Looks like something either survived, or there's more then one thing that's not too happy!

thegayhare

well theres more then one of them Devin even said so

rt

:) Shouldn't the second gun man be on the grassy knowl  :)

and definatley a cool magic-lightning-tornado thingamubob!

bill

GabrielsThoughts

I think abel acts too much like a girl in a horror movie.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

e_voyager

it's had to believe that the calm calculating able we all know was once like that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 15, 2006, 11:42:58 PMit's had to believe that the calm calculating able we all know was once like that.

Abel, calm, and calculating are not words that I would typically associate with each other.  When he's in his comfort zone, maybe, but otherwise, he tends to be something like ``the offspring of Stan Laurel and Woody Allen,'' as I've suggested before.

Also, `50 seconds' seems unusually precise.  I think Devin may actually be estimating the actual time, based on the size of the cart and other variables, rather than just pulling a number out of his ass.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Shadrok

*Looks at second attack's color* Ahhh :U Kamikaze Warp-Aci!  :giggle

Look at the tail.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 15, 2006, 11:28:55 PM
I think abel acts too much like a girl in a horror movie.
Of course he is.  He just saw someone he just met die before his eyes, is having an unknown assailant trying to kill him, and to top it all off, this is the first time this has happened to him.  Remember, this was before desensitizing video games.  :mwaha
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Aisha deCabre

Oh man o.o Poor Abel, I definitely wouldn't expect him to be too brave after all he's seen and been through.

It will be interesting to see who the assailants are...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

It would appear that Abel is being put under extreme stress...

It will be interesting to see him snap. My money is that he'll explode under the pressure, but, he could always implode and just curl into a fetal position...

I so hope we get to see Abel in action. >:3

thegayhare

Devin on Abel action maybe...

What Survivors sex is just as real as survivor guilt

superluser

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 16, 2006, 12:43:43 AMMy money is that he'll explode under the pressure, but, he could always implode and just curl into a fetal position...

I so hope we get to see Abel in action. >:3

See, I'd prefer to see Abel curl up into the fetal position.

It's kinda like empty humor calories.  It never gets old.

Madmann135

Abel at his young age is like your everyday average teenager.  It's not until he becomes a SAIA student and seen horiffic horrors that he becomes hardned enought to defend himself in a life or death situation.

but still his reaction is perfectly normal

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

exactly at this point in his life he's just a libriarian.

he's not used to the imediate therat of death like this

Madmann135

Quote from: thegayhare on December 16, 2006, 01:40:48 AM
exactly at this point in his life he's just a libriarian.

he's not used to the imediate therat of death like this

Actually there afe a few librarians that deal with death on a nearly regular basis.
for instance the secret library that houses the world's more dnagerous treasures.
the libraries in Queens and Chicago

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

i have no clue were you cam up with them but hey some knowledge must be protected at all cost.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 16, 2006, 02:05:22 AMActually there afe a few librarians that deal with death on a nearly regular basis.

But usually they need a banana for encouragement.

Ook?

thegayhare

actualy that libriarian is more likely to deal out death...  or atleast a sever beating or a head twisted the wrong way

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on December 16, 2006, 02:38:39 AMactualy that libriarian is more likely to deal out death...  or atleast a sever beating or a head twisted the wrong way

He is, however, not likely to leave the library without some prodding.  Remember Sourcery?

I'm sure it's been done before, but what's the general consensus of who would win in a fight between the SAIA librarian and the UU librarian?  (My money's on the UU.)

Amber Williams

Considering I'm not sure who UU is...and what inside knowledge I know of the SAIA librarian...I'd say its a stalemate and two incompatable universes.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 16, 2006, 02:54:32 AMConsidering I'm not sure who UU is...and what inside knowledge I know of the SAIA librarian...I'd say its a stalemate and two incompatable universes.

Unseen University.  The premier school of Wizardry on Terry Pratchett's Discworld.  The Librarian there was once a human, but was changed into an orangutan, and has resisted all attempts to change him back.

I don't mean to drag this further off-topic, but I would have figured that this would have come up before.

Tait-Fox

Quote from: Shadrok on December 16, 2006, 12:05:34 AM
*Looks at second attack's color* Ahhh :U Kamikaze Warp-Aci!  :giggle

Look at the tail.

... you might be on to something :o

I mean.. coloring the same.. it looks like it has a tail.. and if its Abel's... 'teenage years' then I have come to a conclusion..

What if its the 'cubi institute coming for Abel :U

Maybe not... its a possibility.. I think... err.. no.. maybe.. could be I'M SO CONFUSED!

Nice effects non the less..

and if it isn't my theory, then I wonder who is trying to attack them.. O.o

And how did we end up on a conversation about librarians anyway!  :3

superluser

I don't know about the Warp-Aci theory.  Aci don't seem to act independently.  They've always seemed to be sort of like the relay operator for the deaf, where they're not really acting of their own volition, just following orders.  If there's a third creature controlling the Warp-Aci, I could see it.

Quote from: Tait-Fox on December 16, 2006, 03:07:12 AMWhat if its the 'cubi institute coming for Abel :U

Yeah!  Maybe Aaryanna was sent to pick up Abel!

Quote from: Tait-Fox on December 16, 2006, 03:07:12 AMAnd how did we end up on a conversation about librarians anyway!  :3

TGH said that Abel was ``just a librarian,'' and ``not used to the imediate therat of death.''  We were coming up with librarians that did deal with death on a regular basis.  (Ooh!  Conan the Librarian?)

e_voyager

Quote from: superluser on December 16, 2006, 03:28:09 AM

Quote from: Tait-Fox on December 16, 2006, 03:07:12 AMAnd how did we end up on a conversation about librarians anyway! :3

TGH said that Abel was ``just a librarian,'' and ``not used to the imediate therat of death.'' We were coming up with librarians that did deal with death on a regular basis. (Ooh! Conan the Librarian?)

reminds me of the ogre in the book Roc and a hard place. can he pound the civilization  out of any being with two heavy tomes that he carries around?

Kasarn

Quote from: Netami on December 16, 2006, 03:16:30 AM
Wrong.

It's Piccolo!

PICCOLO! *shakes fist*

That beats what it reminded me of, that being the Soul Lance spell from Dungeon Siege II

...IT ALSO REMINDED ME OF A GENERIC MAGIC EFFECT

ITOS

Quote from: superluser on December 16, 2006, 03:28:09 AM
I don't know about the Warp-Aci theory.  Aci don't seem to act independently.  They've always seemed to be sort of like the relay operator for the deaf, where they're not really acting of their own volition, just following orders.  If there's a third creature controlling the Warp-Aci, I could see it.

Warp-Aci can act independently.

Quote from: Demonology 101While most Warp-Aci automatically return to their realm upon their owner's death, some will simply become free-ranging Aci. This freedom is both exciting and terrifying and many Warp-Aci cannot handle the stress of not having an owner.

I do, however, find it unlikely that it is a Warp-Aci at all. Most Warp-Aci are not that strong and the glow seems to come from the spiral, not the black line.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Kaerou

Piccolo is over 9000!

hehe, on topic..

I'm really feeling for both Abel and Devin.. we know Abel will get out alive.. but i'm worried for Devin.. :'(

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!