12/12/06 How awkward...

Started by Kasarn, December 12, 2006, 03:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasarn

That went well :)

How unexpected...

e_voyager

this is life. Skip the fluff and get strait the the resolution
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Supercheese

Hm, Danlexi's facial expression there is... more or less expected but still off-putting. Poor, Jy-Jy... as I said, this can only lead to discomfort.

Zedd

Wow...Yes..That really went well enough....Dan will need to wash his ears though

e_voyager

I don't see what he handled merlitz rather well. then again he was bleeding all over the floor at the time
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on December 12, 2006, 03:45:09 AM
Hm, Danlexi's facial expression there is... more or less expected but still off-putting. Poor, Jy-Jy... as I said, this can only lead to discomfort.
Yes!  All without blowing his disguise.  That said, I don't think the real Alexsi would ever pull a face like that without drawing blood as well...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

Maybe Maybe not . JyJy is at very least one of her brothers friends and now to hear that he has a crush on him?  she my show restrain she might laugh but i doubt she would attack without warning. ... well not unless its a poke`mon

terrycloth

Well, Dan's not exactly homophobic. He doesn't even know the meaning of the word!

Literally, most likely. :mowtongue

secondwolf

I still have a feeling we are being tricked by Amber somehow... perhaps Jyrras did not reveal what we thought he revealed... or maybe thats just stupid thinking :D

Kasarn

Nino

that is the scariest face ever o_o

Sid

Oh so fitting expression in the second panel. Kinda reminds me of my "It's three in the morning, I'm still studying my 750-page script and I just discovered that the last 100 pages make the first 650 pages look trivial" face... which I had a few nights ago.

That being said, Dan takes it well, just like people had hoped. Very nice, very nice indeed :)
:boogie

Stygian

I... am utterly dissapointed in a way. But another part of me tells me I shouldn't be. And yet... it's all senseless...

I am still waiting for Dan's slow emotional crumbling though. Something has to break him down so he can be rebuilt...

RJ

That went smoother than I thought it would...

And I think Abel may be right when he says "Your sister is ugly you're angry".  :<

MT Hazard

Quote from: Stygian on December 12, 2006, 05:45:27 AM
I... am utterly dissapointed in a way. But another part of me tells me I shouldn't be. And yet... it's all senseless...

I am still waiting for Dan's slow emotional crumbling though. Something has to break him down so he can be rebuilt...

I see this as a sight of Dan's increasing emotional maturity. After all these years he has finally had to cope with with his cubi heritage kicking in and he handled it, his sister is kidnapped and he's handling it. I feel that everyone keeps refering to post 'unwilling and abel' arc Dan. Dan current has grown up a little.

Oh and the reason Amber probably skipped the talk with Jarus is that we as long term readers know his problem with Dan and therefore don't need to be told again (that and It could take up two more strips to tell)

I think some people are expecting more drama than there needs to be, the current drama is subtle (compare it to Abels arc) and works well.  Dan doesn't need to have an emotional breakdown and then start again (plus that would be too mopey for the overall comic feel) he just needs to roll with it.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alablast

I kinda feel sorry for Jy now...  :(  Hopefully Dan will be able to still act surprised-ish if Jy tells him, though I guess he could just say Alexsi told him. 

I wonder how Jy will react, though, if he finds out Biggs has a crush on Dan...

Elader Arkon

Now that was a rather frightening face.

But Dan handled himself very well. Now I'm just waiting for the real Alexsi to show up real soon...

Alan Garou

The dripping eyeliner really completes Danlexsi's expression. And I love the ending line. If Jy-Jy knew what had just happened, he'd probably go "YERG!"

Kibin

Quote from: Elader Arkon on December 12, 2006, 08:44:43 AM
Now that was a rather frightening face.

But Dan handled himself very well. Now I'm just waiting for the real Alexsi to show up real soon...

Ahem... The real Alexsi will not show up! Pyroduck and Mab are in on the plan, and thus, will not allow Alexsi to come in and ruin the plan!

Gabi

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 12, 2006, 06:10:34 AM
Quote from: Stygian on December 12, 2006, 05:45:27 AM

I see this as a sight of Dan's increasing emotional maturity. After all these years he has finally had to cope with with his cubi heritage kicking in and he handled it, his sister is kidnapped and he's handling it. I feel that everyone keeps refering to post 'unwilling and abel' arc Dan. Dan current has grown up a little.

Oh and the reason Amber probably skipped the talk with Jarus is that we as long term readers know his problem with Dan and therefore don't need to be told again (that and It could take up two more strips to tell)

I think some people are expecting more drama than there needs to be, the current drama is subtle (compare it to Abels arc) and works well. Dan doesn't need to have an emotional breakdown and then start again (plus that would be too mopey for the overall comic feel) he just needs to roll with it.

Good point, MT.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Actually, a sudden transition in mood to where the subject unexpectedly shows a lack of reaction to emotional trauma can be a sign that the subject is nearing a complete mental breakdown... and thus will go on a psychotic rampage in his or her post office job soon.   >:3

*Charline nods*  Yes.  Just like Charles here.   >:3

*Charles  :erk*  But I... I wouldn't... I don't work at a post office! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

I think that went pretty well. :)

Izkata

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 12, 2006, 06:10:34 AMI see this as a sight of Dan's increasing emotional maturity. After all these years he has finally had to cope with with his cubi heritage kicking in and he handled it, his sister is kidnapped and he's handling it. I feel that everyone keeps refering to post 'unwilling and abel' arc Dan. Dan current has grown up a little.

Hasn't it only been, like, a couple of days since then?  A week or two at most?

DigitalMan

Wait wait, it's not over yet! There's still time for someone to screw this up! Especially since Jyrras should notice the difference in eye color.

Tapewolf

Quote from: DigitalMan on December 12, 2006, 11:11:47 AM
Wait wait, it's not over yet! There's still time for someone to screw this up! Especially since Jyrras should notice the difference in eye color.

I certainly wouldn't just notice the colour of somone's eyes, especially if I was as preoccupied as Jyrras is right now.  Even if he does, he might simply assume she was wearing contacts or something :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: secondwolf on December 12, 2006, 04:57:30 AM
I still have a feeling we are being tricked by Amber somehow... perhaps Jyrras did not reveal what we thought he revealed... or maybe thats just stupid thinking :D

Yes the truth is he wanted Dan to try out a new Shape Sifting patch that was developed for the sole porpose of thransforming a "y" chromozone into an "x" chromozone. Dan finds it awkward because he doesn't want to be a girl any longer than he has too.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: Izkata on December 12, 2006, 10:53:30 AMHasn't it only been, like, a couple of days since then?  A week or two at most?

It's only been a couple of days since the start of the ``Life is Wonderful'' arc, but I don't think we know how much time has elapsed between the end of the SAIA arc and that one.  But yeah, since Abel refers to lesson one, it's probably only been a few days.

By the way, the facial expression in panel 2 is *totally* a Dan expression.  I'm going hunting for similar expressions.

And no, I don't think that Dan can say ``trust me.'' :B

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Izkata on December 12, 2006, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 11, 2006, 11:35:59 AM
Quote from: Izkata on December 11, 2006, 10:53:50 AM
Hmm.... I just thought of something....

What if it's actually just about Wildy's book?  He doesn't know Dan knows about the book AFAIK, and he could be referring to the shonen-ai-torture bit....

Fixed that for you.

....what?

*snrk*

I agree with you, even though that's not how Wildy used it....

I'm sorry but the two threads are confusing me.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Stormfalcon

Well, Dan hasn't blown it so far, surprisingly enough.  Of course, several things could happen though.  There's the ever-popular "Abel walks in and tells Dan that it's safe to remove the disguise" course of events (or variants thereof, like "Abel walks in and removes Dan's disguise spell").  Then there's the possibility of Jyrras running across the real Alexi on her way back from the Twink Territories and getting tipped off that it wasn't the real Alexi that he spilled the beans to (or worse, Alexi finding out from this that someone's been posing as her during her absence..."Stop!  Hammer Time!").  I think it'd be too soon for the real Alexi to walk in on them though, since it'd be a bit of a journey back from the Twink Territories.  Whatever happens though, it's way too soon to say that things are being handled well.

Cogidubnus

Historically, the inhabitants of Lost Lake have done well with relationship problems.
I'm sure Dan and Jyrras will be fine.