No, I'm not dead! (Just "mostly" dead)

Started by James StarRunner, December 11, 2006, 01:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

10 points if you get the reference.

Anyways, I've been kinda missing in action for... too long. I've been sick, my computer's been sicker, and our cable modem was ressurected from a violent and gory death. I still don't understand why or how it's working now, but it is. I probably won't be fully back until finals are done. I'm not dead or in the hospital, but I am worn out and zombie-like. Just a heads up for those worried about me.

Zedd

Well its good to see ya squiraly boy..I miss ya to death and your ref was Monty Python

TheGreyRonin

Here I thought it was from The Princess Bride.

Good to see you back, James.

Supercheese

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on December 11, 2006, 02:45:15 AM
Here I thought it was from The Princess Bride.

Yes, it is.

...Humperdink! Humperdink Humperdink Humperdink Humperdink!  :mowwink

Very nice to see you around again!

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Paladin Sheppard

Good to hear from ya James I was getting a little worried. You rest up now no point doiung anything if you are worn out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 11, 2006, 01:24:44 AM
Anyways, I've been kinda missing in action for... too long. I've been sick, my computer's been sicker, and our cable modem was resurrected from a violent and gory death. I still don't understand why or how it's working now, but it is. I probably won't be fully back until finals are done. I'm not dead or in the hospital, but I am worn out and zombie-like. Just a heads up for those worried about me.
Thanks for dropping by... hope it works out.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

"mostly" head means still partly alive...

.. he said "to blave", which as we all know, means to bluff! So he was probably playing cards, and...

:-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Finals are teh suck. :/  Good luck with that.

James StarRunner

Well, everyone who knew it was Princess Bride gets the 10 points. Zedd gets 2 points since Monty Python is still cool.

Well, the modem is dead... again. Likely for good. Still don't know how I got on last night. Now I'm in between exams typing this on one of the school's machines. So, looks like we'll have to invest in a new cable modem. After this semester I'll have to replace a few of my computer's parts too. Fun stuff.

I think I need a hug. Wait a sec... *checks PM's* It looks like HaZ gave me a random huggle already. Thanks for the concern everyone, it's good to be missed.

Hmm... If the prefix "un" means "not" or "contrary to", does that make me an undead?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 11, 2006, 12:43:45 PM
Well, everyone who knew it was Princess Bride gets the 10 points. Zedd gets 2 points since Monty Python is still cool.

Fezzik? Jog his memory.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to jog it so hard...

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 11, 2006, 12:43:45 PM
Hmm... If the prefix "un" means "not" or "contrary to", does that make me an undead?

"nondead" I'd say. "undead" is a slightly different category, mostly through popular usage corrupting the base english...

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Miaka

I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

....easily the best two characters in the movie.

Either way, good luck with all of that, and we hope to get ya back soon!

Shadrok

It alway stinks when the internet decides to Hope it's fixed soon and welcome back. :boogie

Quote from: Miaka on December 11, 2006, 05:19:34 PM
I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!

....easily the best two characters in the movie.

Either way, good luck with all of that, and we hope to get ya back soon!

so long have fun storming the castle.

Angel

(trembles) Must... resist... but... fanergy... too.... strong... OMG PRINCESS BRIDE!! (flying-tackle-huggle-glomp)

Hello. I'm the new girl. By the way, have you read the book? If not, you should. Tis a good read.

"We'll never survive..."
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no-one ever has."  :boogie

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Both books.

The good parts versions, anyway.

Azlan

Wait if you are still alive then who did I hit with the orbital chocolate beam?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on December 11, 2006, 07:08:03 PM
Wait if you are still alive then who did I hit with the orbital chocolate beam?

Take a wild guess...*stares at Azzy with a coco covered head*

James StarRunner

Old pic, but fitting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/jaguarstarrunner/TOC-bonus1.jpg

Well, modem fell apart completely after I posted my last message here, but we've recently got it replaced (finally). Heh, perfect timing too since I'm going home for the holidays in a couple days. Computer's still not doing well though. I think I did some damage to it the last time I tried running Second Life. Hopefully I'll get some new parts for Christmas. If not, I'll have to buy them or else I'll have a heck of a time trying to run programs like my photoshop.

Thanks for all the concern and welcome back! Hopefully nothing else desides to explode on me, otherwise my head will.