12-7-06 Xander! Nooo!

Started by Akisohida, December 06, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akisohida

New Abel Story up. Kinda sad, though. :( Do not want to say too much yet since many may not have read the new Abel Story yet.

Edited to take out a wrong comment about THIS being why Abel hates blood. Damaris pointe dout that Abel threw up earlier because of blood. ^.^
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bill

Zedd

Aisha deCabre

:blink  Whoa...man...there's a nasty shocker...

Should've seen that one coming.  In a story you seem to always have a storm after the calm after all.  Poor Xander...

On a bit of a lighter note, I did like Devin's remark about feathers.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aridas

I'm not sure whether that's a yay or a screw you to the people who called it... I was sort of leaning towards NOT maimed, though. At least people can stop speccing about what's been over and done with.

Stygian

Aw hell... there goes loads of my theories out the window. Don't you dare die like a bitch, Xander!

Still, this means murderous rage or psychosis for Devin. Which is fun.

bill

That settles it, we need a DMFA dead pool.

xHaZxMaTx

As I have already said to Aridas, he may or may not be dead, maybe he's just unconcious or something. :/

Faerie Alex

Well...guess that means that he's not that Cubi. He couldn't be if he's dead. Unless he's had children...
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Aridas

Kenji

Akisohida

Now that people know, I can comment more. I believe Devin is going to flip because Xander is dead (horribly wounded, get injured and put in danger, and Abels 'cubi powers are going to awaken while he casts spells at the enemy (he knows magic, remember?) and while his wings are changing, he is going to think it is magic untill the paladin tells him it is cubi powers, either before attacking him or after attacking him.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Damaris

Keep in mind- this isn't necessarily why Able hates blood.  He had that puking jag earlier in the river.

Poor Xander. :(

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gareeku

Zaon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T-T XANDER
DON'T DIE ON US

Stygian

I can but nod at Akisohida's last statement and declare that it would be a very logical continuation.

superluser

Man, that must be a *bitch* coming from a funeral, and then having to prepare for another.

I'll make it no secret that I'm not fond of characters who are created just to die, so that the ``real'' characters can have some epiphany.  I suppose it would be too much to ask for a Xander arc?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

Strangely enough I foresaw this happening, this  is also why I'm vauge and ambigious when I do my fancomic lest it become out dated.

Keep in mind we don't know it is xander at this point, I only noticed a pale green hand, Xander could have just as easily lobbed it off at the wrist because it went bad and has since replaced it with a chainsaw.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: modelincard on December 06, 2006, 09:43:13 PM
Well...guess that means that he's not that Cubi. He couldn't be if he's dead. Unless he's had children...

It's not as if cubi cannot return from near-death experiences ( http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_157.php ).. But still, it's rather unlikely, unless there's some form of strong emotion to absorb around, and etc.

I wonder though, when Xander last spoke, was he really referring to Glory, or something else he sensed? Or more importantly, why exactly did the fiends return to the watchtower, what did they miss? (if it was something they missed,  or they could've been alerted to something they want..)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

e_voyager

you can't help but feel form him still he may not be dead yet. there is a Chance he's just wounded
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AndersW

I am wondering what the blue mark in the second to last panel is.  It is on the right border, above the bloody hand.  To me it looks like a blue paw, like the clan marking of the home-ec teacher in SAIA.  Seen here third panel, on her chest.

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm, good eye.  It's blurry, whatever it is, so it's probably in the background.  It's looks kind of like feathers on a wing.  But the only person there with wings in Abel...  Also, there's seems to be a fireball either hitting it, or flying past/in front of it.

Psaakyrn

Frankly, it's likely to be another shield, considering it's faded as though it's in the background. (there are 3 in Glory's team after all, and I don't think the other two would just stand there while fireballs are flying about.)

Is Abel having a headache? He has his hands on his head.. (and I don't think it would be a bad guess that there's likely a lot of confusion going on, and especially from Devin..)

Side note: by the way Devin referred to wings, I think it's likely that the fiends are winged too... though lots of things are winged. I was wondering whether "Night Angels" could have been a term used to refer to cubi..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 06, 2006, 10:17:18 PMFrankly, it's likely to be another shield, considering it's faded as though it's in the background. (there are 3 in Glory's team after all, and I don't think the other two would just stand there while fireballs are flying about.)

Yeah, I'm betting it's Dorian.

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 06, 2006, 10:17:18 PMI was wondering whether "Night Angels" could have been a term used to refer to cubi..

Given the succubus/incubus myths, and the hypnagogic phenomenon that may have given rise to it, I wouldn't be surprised.  This is taking place in the equivalent of the 17th century, after all.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Anri

Akisohida

Quote from: Stygian on December 06, 2006, 09:54:24 PM
I can but nod at Akisohida's last statement and declare that it would be a very logical continuation.

Since it is logical..It is not what is going to happen. ;) We know Amber enough to know we will never know what she will do next, you know? :) I do still stand by the speculation of mine further up, though. :)

KarlOmega1

*does Vader voice*

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Kasarn

Can he just kiss him to make it all better? :<

Caswin

And no comments on the first-panel line?

I laughed... <<
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kasarn

Quote from: Caswin on December 06, 2006, 10:40:59 PM
And no comments on the first-panel line?

I laughed... <<

Abel said balls, lol :E