12/1 - Shameless Biggs

Started by ninjannihilator, December 01, 2006, 04:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjannihilator

Alright this is a continuation of the locked topic. But we'll set some ground rules that way this topic does not get out of hand again. No bashing, flaming, or making arguments/discussions personal.
Somehow today's thread got extremely out of hand, managed to piss Amber off and is now locked up. Let's try to keep it civilized here.

So continue on with speculation. What do you think Wildy's reaction will be when she finds out Biggs was after Dan? I sense that no matter what happens Wildy will give someone a beatdown.

Stygian

Probably she'll do more than so. I am not into the specifics, but she will most likely do something that shames him so severely, or damages his authority or sense of safety so much that he never attempts it again. At least, that's how I'd consider doing first, were I in her position. But knowing Biggs that might just give him more reason to spite her and plan to mess with her more, and then it would be much better to liquidate him...

Hm. I would consider carefully before actually doing anything. People do the most hasty and thoughtless things, after all...

(I kept away from the latest thread for obvious reasons. I don't see how TGH would... Ah, nevermind. I won't bother. Now at least we all have some more knowledge of certain things. Though I must support Ninjannihilator in his urge that this be kept civil.)

MT Hazard

I think Alexsi speaks for a lot of readers in that last panel. Prehaps thats the point.

On the what wildy will do topic, I say laugh about for a while then use it as possible black mail.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sid

I think Wildy will just laugh. After all, it had been basically her idea (Wildy and Mab had dressed up Dan, if I recall correctly), and if her brother did not realize his mistakes after a few YEARS, that's definitely something to laugh about ;)

...and then she'd give Biggs Dan's number. Just in case... :giggle
:boogie

Snuggles

that would be funny to see

Biggs: Hello is this Dan?
Dan: Yes, who is this?
Biggs: This is Biggs, could i ask you a question?
Dan: ummm, ok.
Biggs: Whatcha wearing?
Dan:............
Biggs: Hello? Dan you there?
Dan:.............

superluser

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 01, 2006, 04:29:44 PMI think Alexsi speaks for a lot of readers in that last panel. Prehaps thats the point.

You know, she seems quite a lot calmer now, since being around Dee.

I wonder...if `cubi feed on emotions, do they actually consume those emotions?

In other words, do these emotions disappear, so that if you have an incubus that feeds on pain, you could put him in the burn ward, and suddenly all the patients start feeling better? Like how Dan loses his headache when Fa'Lina approaches?

It would give a whole new spin on the `cubi race.

``Every time i cast hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast.'' -- Black Mage

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ninjannihilator

``Every time i cast hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast.'' -- Black Mage

That was one of 8BT best strips.

Sid

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 04:39:06 PM
You know, she seems quite a lot calmer now, since being around Dee.

In other words, do these emotions disappear, so that if you have an incubus that feeds on pain, you could put him in the burn ward, and suddenly all the patients start feeling better? Like how Dan loses his headache when Fa'Lina approaches?

Personal theory that has not been verified or proven wrong (if I recall correctly):
Unlike soul-stealing, emotion-feeding is not a vampiristic thing, so Cubi don't take away emotions from anybody. They just absorb the emotions others generate and emit. So nobody loses anything since they just feed on free-floating energy nobody else knows how to use.

So my guess is that Fa'Lina didn't actually absorb Dan's overflow, but rather casted some sort of balancing spell, combined with an emotion filter/shield. The shield spell is quasi-mentioned here and here, and she specifically mentions that she cast one on him in this one (and re-casts it in the following one).

Having a Cubi that actually steals emotions would be VERY interesting, though. *ponders about that one*

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 04:39:06 PM

From what I've seen it seems to be more like the emotions are broadcast, which means in effect they've been sent out of the person who generated them.  If so, absorbing those won't make a jot of difference to the original sender.

On the other hand, if 'cubi can aggressively feed on souls, I postulated in some of my writings that they should be able to reach into a victim and aggressively feed on emotions as well, which would have an effect.

In my writings, Jakob has eaten people's emotions on at least two occasions, devouring the rage of an incandescent librarian to pacify her (which left her glassy-eyed and confused for a few moments), eating the wounded Ephrael's pain as an impromptu anaesthetic in Gareeku's Furrae Chronicles RP, and I'm pretty sure there's another instance, but I can't recall it offhand.

For Ephrael, I'm working on the theory that emotions only radiate once they've saturated the mind of the person experiencing them - eating her pain in effect resets it, i.e. it will take a while for it to build up again.

Of course, this theory is purely based on my own thought experiments.  I have no idea of they're strictly compatible with Amber's own physics.  Having said that, I'd be very, very surprised if 'cubi can't force-drain emotions from their target/prey if they so choose.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 01, 2006, 04:56:36 PMHaving said that, I'd be very, very surprised if 'cubi can't force-drain emotions from their target/prey if they so choose.

I don't really see how that wouldn't be possible.  `Cubi can read their minds and emotions, and eat souls.  But they can't go into someone's mind and take their emotions?

Oh, and that would be so much fun.  Eat their fury:

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering creature; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit...meh.

Amber Williams

What one can, and what one does are often two different things.

Can a Cubi force-drain an emotion? Yes.
Do they do so?  Not unless its a very particular situation.

It's really about cost/return.  Emotions, while usable for substenence...are not exactly all that empowering.  So to actually go and drain an emotion from their supposed target would cost them more energy than they would get back. I guess kind of like eating celery, you burn more calories than you gain.

In certain situations, it can be useful...but its not always as simple as hitting a switch.  If you are facing off against an adventurer with a mindshield, odds are he's also defended against you going in and hitting the calm-button.  But inexperienced Cubi have a tendency to start acting like the emotion they absorbed. (so if you gank anger...you suddenly feel really angry)

So yeah, just like a Cubi can project emotions and absorb, they can also directly take.  But it isn't as simple as simply standing in a crowded room and catching the vibes like normal absorbtion is.

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 01, 2006, 05:35:28 PMBut inexperienced Cubi have a tendency to start acting like the emotion they absorbed. (so if you gank anger...you suddenly feel really angry)

Which would explain why Dee got more angry as Alexsi got less.

Still, if this is indeed true, I can see Dan getting a little more optimistic about his `cubi heritage.

``Bye, everyone!  I'm off volunteering at the children's hospital as an analgesic this weekend!'' :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 05:48:39 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 01, 2006, 05:35:28 PMBut inexperienced Cubi have a tendency to start acting like the emotion they absorbed. (so if you gank anger...you suddenly feel really angry)

Destania's probably somewhere to the tune of a thousand years old.  I suspect she no longer counts as 'inexperienced'  >:3

Oh, and thanks for chiming in, Amber.  More detail on 'cubi powers is always good :P

Amber Williams

Destania is 7,026 years old.  I think she long since put inexperienced in the dust. :3

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 01, 2006, 05:59:22 PM

Destania is 7,026 years old.  I think she long since put inexperienced in the dust. :3

Okays that explains much about teacher...

superluser

Well, doesn't that just mean that she wanted to get angry?

Kasarn

If you put 7026 into a calculator and turn it upsidedown you get

g backwards-S O L

IT'S A SIGN!

superluser

For all of you who said that taking her glasses off took 20 years off of her, that still leaves her 7006 years old.

...so put those glasses back on! :3

Tapewolf

It's Alexsi I'm interested in.  She isn't showing much reaction at the moment, but remember that Biggs has single-handedly jeopardised the meeting with the reporters which took months and months to establish.  She tried to kill Dan simply because Merlitz bunked off - I somehow doubt she's just going to let the whole thing slide.

e_voyager

she is and adult feline and she knows when to hold her emotions in check. Pulse her mom stopped her form  attacking Biggs at least twice that we saw.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 06:47:17 PM
For all of you who said that taking her glasses off took 20 years off of her, that still leaves her 7006 years old.

...so put those glasses back on! :3

bwahahahaha :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

Destania is 7,026 years old.

*empty blink* *gets an idea* *makes a little note* Intriguing...

e_voyager

Quote from: Sid on December 01, 2006, 08:07:12 PM
Destania is 7,026 years old.

*empty blink* *gets an idea* *makes a little note* Intriguing...
i have to say that , that says a lot about the potential for clan revival
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Prof B Hunnydew

Alexsi really needs to Hammer this Mega-ego-inflated Jerk... Biggs just thinks he is so hot that Even Guys will cross-dress to be with him.  Biggs is very likely straight, but he has no problem thinking Dan isn't.

And that is all there is to said on that subject....(or all I will say about it)

Wildy made it plain that Everything in Lost Lake was Hers.  Biggs is in BIG trouble, Wildy will be using the Large axes on Biggs when she gets there.  And Pyro will he or should he fly to Alexsi and insure that she is alright?  He can just said that he will scout ahead, and quick flight to Biggs'.  It may blow his cover through.

PBH

BTW Why is Dee working for this Jerk?

e_voyager

you bring up a new Angle. what will Destania say when she finds out her daughter is dating a dragon?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: e_voyager on December 01, 2006, 08:33:34 PM
you bring up a new Angle. what will Destania say when she finds out her daughter is dating a dragon?

And Alexsi knows that she is dating a dragon?

:hug
PBH

e_voyager

not necessarily but when Pyroduck shows up chances are Destania will know him for what he is and then shivers.  i don't know id i want to see a cubi protecting her young in a graphic  form

superluser

This message was about a horribly scarring misspelling.  Now that the horrible misspelling is gone, so is this message.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on December 01, 2006, 08:22:45 PMAlexsi really needs to Hummer this Mega-ego-inflated Jerk...

...Please oh please tell me that's a misspelling for hammer.

I do apologise for the mental image, but it's not like I'm not stuck with it, too.

My apologies, Spell check can't catch everything...... :mowcookie PBH

GabrielsThoughts

this is all copmpletely ridiculous, the reason Biggs isn't surprized is because it isn't bigs at all, biggs has already been eaten by pyroduck and it is pyroduck cleverly diguised as biggs thinking naughty thoughts of danielle while possesing the mind of biggs... I heard somwhere that dragons have shape shifting abilities.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.