11/15, it's...

Started by terrycloth, November 14, 2006, 08:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrycloth

Kenji

Obviously codenames. Unless their parents were sick individuals...

Jack McSlay

yesh likely... it's gonna be very interesting seeing abel trying to make up some conversation  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Its good to see old faces...

Stygian

YES! Dan's not the screw-up here!

Kenji

Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 14, 2006, 08:10:16 PM
yesh likely... it's gonna be very interesting seeing abel trying to make up some conversation  >:3

Not unless they have mind blockers or Abel's a forgetful lil dipstick. o:

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on November 14, 2006, 08:13:59 PM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 14, 2006, 08:10:16 PM

Not unless they have mind blockers or Abel's a forgetful lil dipstick. o:

Hope Abel doesnt blow it ^^; Other than he's already screwed enough as it is...

Aridas

Abelitz has some quick thinking to do to keep his cover... But damnit, he just had to go thinking about things and jinxing it, didn't he? >.>

Hilary

Time for Abel to either:

a) do some pretty skillful BS-ing

b) do some pretty speedy mind-reading

c) do some pretty speedy bopping-the-adventurers-on-the-head and then running away-ing

Or he could just own up. But that doesn't seem very Abel-y to me...

RJ

Scream and run away sounds like a good plan...

Kenji

Quote from: Hilary on November 14, 2006, 08:21:20 PM
Time for Abel to either:

c) do some pretty speedy bopping-the-adventurers-on-the-head and then running away-ing

Little Able Froo Froo, hopping through the forest..

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Hilary on November 14, 2006, 08:21:20 PM
Time for Abel to either:

Or he could just own up. But that doesn't seem very Abel-y to me...
d) pretend to have amnesia
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Hilary

Quote from: RJ on November 14, 2006, 08:22:40 PM
Scream and run away sounds like a good plan...

Abelitz: *screams and runs away*

Nightmyst: Perhaps he needed a longer vacation...

Aisha deCabre

I instantly recognized the possibility that it could be Nitemyst upon looking at the fact of going through the archives.

But MAN, what a surprise.  Never thought for a moment that Merlitz' old party would show up again.   :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Roureem Egas

So many things I could say, yet all I can come up with is "This ought to be fun." And it looks like we'll have a few anecdotes about Merlitz's career. Or some other kind of backstory anyway.

Quote from: FireKatKid on November 14, 2006, 08:22:53 PM

Little Able Froo Froo, hopping through the forest..

Let's see how that one goes. >:3

Alan Garou

Poor, poor Dan. Even when he does something right, everything manages to screw itself up. Wonder how Abelitz is going to squirm his way out of this...

Yay! New icons! Go forward, my robot and sheep army, and conquer!
:mouser  :sheep :robo  :sheep :robo :sheep :mouser

Zedd

I would say..Ummm..I got a bad cold and I dont want anyone to touch me so...Thats why I cant talk...Umm yeah

Toric

Abel just needs to say four words to solve this dilemma.

"Look out! A human!"

"Oh, you're still going on about that..... We'll.. uh... we'll see you around. Enjoy your extended vacation! (Smile and walk away slowly. Smile and walk away slowly."
Yap by Silver.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Toric on November 14, 2006, 09:25:17 PM
Abel just needs to say four words to solve this dilemma.

"Look out! A human!"

"Oh, you're still going on about that..... We'll.. uh... we'll see you around. Enjoy your extended vacation! (Smile and walk away slowly. Smile and walk away slowly."

How would Abel know to say that, though? He knows nothing about Merlitz.

DigitalMan

Oh good, I was wondering what she meant.

And Abel could probably get out of this easily with mind-reading. Question is, is his head clear enough to think of the idea? He seems to be panicking.

bill

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 14, 2006, 09:44:21 PM

And Abel could probably get out of this easily with mind-reading.

Not really. I doubt Mr. Myst here's going to be giving Abel a pop quiz on how Merlitz is. I mean, how do you mindread the answer to "So, how've you been?"

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Meh, Abel can pretend to be Merlitz' secret identical twin brother who took his place after Merlitz was squished by an evil dragon.  They'll buy it, and Abel hates dragons so he'd be glad to pin the blame on one... likely Pyro.   :3 

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

I love his look in the last panel. He could always pretend to be Merlitz's evil twin and chase them off? Or act like he is busy with the tour and run to Dan for help? Or pretend he does not know english! Abelitz: 'Ik spreek het geen Engels!' *Flees!*

Curse you, Charline! You took my twin idea while I was typing! *Chases Charline around, knowing how she fears spiders!*
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

superluser

Quote from: Akisohida on November 14, 2006, 09:57:43 PMCurse you, Charline! You took my twin idea while I was typing! *Chases Charline around, knowing how she fears spiders!*

I think everybody had that idea.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Wanderer

HA! It IS the old adventuring party! I guessed right! *celebrates*

Ahem. It's been a LONG time. I'm surprised, given Amber's opinion of her early art, that she'd want to remind herself of those ancient days. ~_^

Poor Abel... And poor Merlitz! He's missing out on this reunion!

Toric

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 14, 2006, 09:30:52 PM
How would Abel know to say that, though? He knows nothing about Merlitz.
Pure, dumb luck, of course. :mowcookie
Yap by Silver.

GabrielsThoughts

It's the worst haircut ever!!!

seriously, is that the fellah from the merlitz meets a human thread?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on November 14, 2006, 09:49:22 PMNot really. I doubt Mr. Myst here's going to be giving Abel a pop quiz on how Merlitz is. I mean, how do you mindread the answer to "So, how've you been?"

Pretty easy.  You say, ``Oh, you know,'' then give a knowing and slightly self-deprecating laugh.  Then you say, ``But you!  I mean, just look at you.''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Regal

Keeping quiet and letting the other guy talk could be a good defense. Or steering the converation to general all purpose meaningless small talk. The trouble there is I don't think Abel is the type to be good at small talk.

Sunny

Hah, it's good to see old faces again.  Oh and peoples, those are real people from Furcadia, the game Amber used to base this off of, so no, those aren't codenames, those are their actual screennames.   
Here's hoping Misha aka Skirmish makes an appearance with Nitemyste and Gen.

It'll be funny seeing how Abel tries to crawl his way out of it.  I personally think that they'll think he's insane from the human encounter. Abel will use this to squirm out of personal conversations aka " So how's the mom?  Still got the psoriasis?" :P