10/14/06 - ROCK ON!

Started by bill, October 13, 2006, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Discuss, with usual hot, off topic, action.

Supercheese

Hmm, update didn't appear 'til I refreshed...

"Huzzavabuwha?", eh?

Pendolse

I doubt he would have hated Abel.

I loved that ending word. "Hubazzavuh?"

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Drat, no "boogidy boogidy boo". :<

Amber Williams

DigitalMan

Wow, how many people called that one?

As a side note, I told you that kind of donation system works well. However, I may have neglected to mention how well... *whistles innocently*

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 13, 2006, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: FireKatKid on October 13, 2006, 11:08:08 PM

IT WAS SO TEMPTING!  :U

Drat. I'll have to add more skill points into my temptation skill. :< *holds up some meat* :3

Jim Halisstrad

Meat, it's whats for dinner.
Speaking of which panel number 2 has Devin in a pose that really just isn't normal for straight guys.   Now, I'm not assuming this is big fabulous rainbow party or anything, just saying that isn't a very normal pose for a 'tough hombre' like him.

Also, nice blood effects.

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 13, 2006, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 13, 2006, 11:12:12 PM

IT WAS SO TEMPTING! :U

Drat. I'll have to add more skill points into my temptation skill. :< *holds up some meat* :3

Give the meat if you want to live >:3

Tarkya

That's certainly a sudden question to ask...

But yeah. That last line is awesome. I'm gonna have to say that to my friends now.

Jack McSlay

I think it's more likely he'll say something that he didn't actually hate, you don't really hate people on early school years, you just mock them to have fun, unless you're the one being mocked

btw "What do you want Devin?" that seems to be becoming a punchline
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

King Of Hearts

hmm...

now I have a bad feeling our little blue cat will experience something mushy or something bloody by the end of this story.

e_voyager

kudos for able. he totally blindsided him. still i think that able was asking the  quest form his heart as he has yet to develop the sarcastic  hard shell of protection at this point. his honest reactions early in the adventure prove it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

That brings one right thing to this subject...Is Devin gay for Abel? Or vise versa?

e_voyager

i doubt that able would want Devin. very few people want some one that picks on them all the time and makes them feel bad. devin probably has wing envy and a few other thing against able or that he wants to get against able.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

Seriously, you internet people already killed the cowbell for me, and I can't even remember if I liked that in the first place.  Enough with the gayness for Abel!

DigitalMan

For what it's worth, I was never gay for Abel >.> Except maybe with Wednesday's comic, but I don't know if that counts...

*flees from an angry mob*

RJ

That phrase always makes me giggle like an idiot. >.<

Nikki

i think maybe Devin might have wanted to be friends with Abel but was maybe...intimidated?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

e_voyager

Quote from: RJ on October 14, 2006, 02:51:19 AM

That phrase always makes me giggle like an idiot. >.<

i like Wokka wkokka myself.\

also Xze -Xze you may be right but i'm not sure. Devin may have had a crush on Abel but it's hard to say.

MT Hazard

This is the  second potentially innuendo filled update picture for Abel's story (for those with suitably twisted minds that is)I wonder if Amber could be doing that on purpose...

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Nikki

of course she is...she is torturing us!!!

...and so this is my last post of the day....

*looks at clock* 3 AM!!?? Crap, nite y'all!!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Whether or not Abel is gay in the mainline, he isn't at this point in his life.

I'm curious about what Devin's seen, though - I suppose most people are but I don't think anyone's voiced it.

One possibility is that Abel has done something weird, although his reaction would be more profound and shocked if it was something 'cubi-like.  Besides which, if I understand the camera angles I think he's looking away from Abel not at him (if Abel's speech bubble had a tail it would be easier to tell).

Likewise his reaction is wrong for if it was the Creature, so it's probably something clue-like, or an injured survivor or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

"When we hit Zinvth Armansta borders" <-- Zinvth Whatnow borders? The neighbor city/country/region?

[Edit]
Do I sense foreshadowing in Devin's "Someone might take advantage of such a weakness" comment?
[/Edit]

And that's a very good question, actually. The answer is clear and yet so extremely difficult for Devin to admit. ...unless he never hated Abel and only teased him all those years... which would make him an idiot.

My own theory/fantasy is that Devin had been extremely afraid of Abel. So the insults and rock-throwing had been a mix of self-defense and acting to hide his own fear. It would (sadly) be a natural reaction. We don't want to admit that we're afraid and so try to put on a tough-guy act to conceal our fear.

Ah well. Next Abel-Update should be interesting to say the least.
:boogie

ITOS

Quote from: Sid on October 14, 2006, 06:23:26 AM
Ah well. Next Abel-Update should be interesting to say the least.

Scene change! D:

Anyway, it is an intresting question. Does Devin really hate Abel? He doesn't have to in order to tease him. It can be very hard to answer Abel's question too since it has been such a long time since they first met, it can be hard to simulate the situation.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Aridas

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 13, 2006, 11:47:16 PM
Meat, it's whats for dinner.
Speaking of which panel number 2 has Devin in a pose that really just isn't normal for straight guys. Now, I'm not assuming this is big fabulous rainbow party or anything, just saying that isn't a very normal pose for a 'tough hombre' like him.

Also, nice blood effects.
Remember the excuse/joke way back when, that all the guys were girly because the artist was too? That could apply >.>

Anyway... I've got a 50/50 idea of what's going to happen next time. He's going to be all "OMG I didn't haet j00, I hax0r j00 becuz I liek j00" and Abel will be all "NO WEY DOOD" and he'll be "YES" and Abel will be "OMG" and D-*shot*

Tapewolf

Political observation and question:

They are currently in the country/state/realm of Armanasta and heading to the border with Zinvth.  Devin and Xander aren't going to cross the border with him.
Does this mean that adventurers are unwelcome in Zinvth in the same way that Creatures are unwelcome in Armanasta?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 14, 2006, 06:34:05 AM
Anyway... I've got a 50/50 idea of what's going to happen next time. He's going to be all "OMG I didn't haet j00, I hax0r j00 becuz I liek j00" and Abel will be all "NO WEY DOOD" and he'll be "YES" and Abel will be "OMG" and D-*shot*

Aridas Soulfire! Your arrested for breaking against rule seven, section B! You have the right to remain silent. Anything you write can and will be used against you in a court of admin. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning.

:P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2006, 06:50:41 AM
Political observation and question:

They are currently in the country/state/realm of Armanasta and heading to the border with Zinvth. Devin and Xander aren't going to cross the border with him.
Does this mean that adventurers are unwelcome in Zinvth in the same way that Creatures are unwelcome in Armanasta?
I think it just means it's out of the scope of the hunt for the creature, and so he won't be a target there.

Quote from: ITOS on October 14, 2006, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 14, 2006, 06:34:05 AM

Aridas Soulfire! Your arrested for breaking against rule seven, section B! You have the right to remain silent. Anything you write can and will be used against you in a court of admin. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning.

:P
I was already SHOT, what more could you want? D: