Cubi dislike Dragons Why?

Started by Demont, September 27, 2006, 03:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demont

I was wondering why Abel said  Aaryanna would never let a dragon near Dan?

Zedd

Demont

Tapewolf

Quote from: Demont on September 27, 2006, 03:54:31 AM
Maybe Amber knows.  :mowdan

If she doesn't, something really weird is going on.

P.S. - 'cubi' is both singular and plural - "cubis" is an abomination.  Can you change the title, please :P

**EDIT**
Cheers!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

It involves reaganomics, corn, a turkey, and a lot of masking tape...

But no, we still have to see the real reason in canon.

Aridas

Logically wouldn't cubus be the singular if cubi was the plural? after all... calling something a cubi is still way off gramatically (and I think it was only because everyone else was doing it anyway that it became law >.>)

Slavkei

Well... you didn't hear this from me.... but a certain person told me that it's because dragons and cubi were originally the same species, the 'cubi race branching off from the dragons. This was caused by a combination of a magical disaster that resulted in the permanent and irreversible alteration of a small family of dragons, and some quick thinking by the fatally-altered dragons that resulted in giving them a... mostly... stable form. This was the ACTUAL birth of the 'cubi' race, who began to grow and flourish, a perversion of the draconic line. There was a major war where the dragons tried to eradicate the 'freaks', which resulted in heavy casualties on both sides. The lingering hatreds still continue to this day. I suspect Demo 101 will be updated with this when it appears in canon. Which will probably happen in about 10 years when Amber finishes the next 3 arcs or so.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slavkei on September 27, 2006, 05:07:37 AM
Well... you didn't hear this from me.... but a certain person told me that it's because dragons and cubi were originally the same species, the 'cubi race branching off from the dragons.

Curious.  What about Angels and Demons, though?  It seems clear that 'cubi are some weird hybrid since they all appeared around the same time, and they have exactly twice the lifespan of Angels or Demons alone.

I can buy that as the creation of the Angel and Demon race - 'cubi are classed as Demons anyway.  That all follows logically.

Zedd

If Zedd or Jak or any cubi came part of Dragons....Then oh my word...

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 27, 2006, 04:59:37 AM
Logically wouldn't cubus be the singular if cubi was the plural? after all... calling something a cubi is still way off gramatically (and I think it was only because everyone else was doing it anyway that it became law >.>)

Cubi is short for incubi and succubi.

The singular of which is incubus and succubus.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 27, 2006, 09:57:02 AM

But Amber has never, ever used the word 'cubus'.  Regardless of the origin of the word 'cubi', now it is like 'sheep' or 'aircraft' - the same word for single or plural.

This one is off the top of my head.. I can post all of them if you insist :P
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_617.php

Jim Halisstrad

QuoteI was wondering why Abel said  Aaryanna would never let a dragon near Dan?

Two words:  Vore Parties.  :superlick

ShiningShadow

Huh??????? :erk I don't get it...............

Demont

:mowsmile thanks for the info guys and girls .

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 27, 2006, 12:06:35 PM
He'd be eaten.

**EDIT**
I'm assuming you're referring to the previous comment - using the nice Quote button makes it easier to tell  >:3

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2006, 12:11:06 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 27, 2006, 12:06:35 PM
He'd be eaten.

**EDIT**
I'm assuming you're referring to the previous comment - using the nice Quote button makes it easier to tell  >:3

I was referring the vore parties TW my fault I wasn't clear on that. Do you know the answer to that on vore parties.................

llearch n'n'daCorna

Shining, "vore" is basically large dragons eating smaller critters.

.. there's the other side of it, of the smaller critters getting off on it, but we'll just sortof paper over that and leave it for another time, ok?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2006, 10:43:17 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 27, 2006, 09:57:02 AM

But Amber has never, ever used the word 'cubus'. Regardless of the origin of the word 'cubi', now it is like 'sheep' or 'aircraft' - the same word for single or plural.

This one is off the top of my head.. I can post all of them if you insist :P
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_617.php

There's a difference. Those words start out singular and just happen to be using a rule that says they are their own plurals. But Cubi would be a plural coming from an existing singular, so it makes it all weird and un-grammary to people.

LigerJet

Why are we discussing the grammar of the word "cubi"?  It's Amber's comic, she can call 'em whatever she wants!  :mowdan

Tapewolf

Quote from: LigerJet on September 27, 2006, 03:18:15 PM
Why are we discussing the grammar of the word "cubi"?  It's Amber's comic, she can call 'em whatever she wants!  :mowdan

It was the thread title - Demont wrote "Cubis dislike Dragons" and it was kind of bugging me :P

Gareeku

Um, it's only a word, guys. Get over it.  :B

bill

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 27, 2006, 03:27:19 PM
Quote from: LigerJet on September 27, 2006, 03:18:15 PM

It was the thread title - Demont wrote "Cubis dislike Dragons" and it was kind of bugging me :P
And the capitilization of "Dragons" and "Why" didnt.  And the lack of a comma after "Dragons" didn't either.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Capitalisation of "Dragons" is acceptable, nay, required, since it is, after all, in this case, a proper noun, rather than a generic animal.

It should have had the full stop after it, though... :-)

Alondro

Quote from: Slavkei on September 27, 2006, 05:07:37 AM
Well... you didn't hear this from me.... but a certain person told me that it's because dragons and cubi were originally the same species, the 'cubi race branching off from the dragons. This was caused by a combination of a magical disaster that resulted in the permanent and irreversible alteration of a small family of dragons, and some quick thinking by the fatally-altered dragons that resulted in giving them a... mostly... stable form. This was the ACTUAL birth of the 'cubi' race, who began to grow and flourish, a perversion of the draconic line. There was a major war where the dragons tried to eradicate the 'freaks', which resulted in heavy casualties on both sides. The lingering hatreds still continue to this day. I suspect Demo 101 will be updated with this when it appears in canon. Which will probably happen in about 10 years when Amber finishes the next 3 arcs or so.

*Charles nods*  It's kinda like how the Bount were created in "Bleach" from the explosion of a tank where copied shinigami souls were being experimented on to try and develop immortality.  I suspect Charline in this case.

*Charline grrs!*  Don't you try to pin it on me!  You and Jyrras are scientists who mix magic and tech all the time!   If anyone is responsible, it'd be one of you! 

*Charles erfs*  Impossible!  That happened millenia ago!

*Charline crosses her arms*  Time travel...

*Charles opens his mouth to say something in retort... but is stymied*  Crap.. she caught me with that cliche, but impossible to refute, situation.   :mowignore
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

All this talk of cubi and dragons, and yet not a single belmont or warrior in sight.... What's the world coming to? :<

Caswin

Logically wouldn't cubus be the singular if cubi was the plural?
That's what I always thought, too.  I'd as soon go with "cubus" until Amber says otherwise.
Quote from: FireKatKid on September 27, 2006, 05:49:01 PM
All this talk of cubi and dragons, and yet not a single belmont or warrior in sight.... What's the world coming to? :<
Show me a vampire and we'll talk.  ...ha. :P
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kenji

Quote from: Caswin on September 27, 2006, 05:55:52 PM
Logically wouldn't cubus be the singular if cubi was the plural?
That's what I always thought, too.  I'd as soon go with "cubus" until Amber says otherwise.
Quote from: FireKatKid on September 27, 2006, 05:49:01 PM
Show me a vampire and we'll talk.  ...ha. :P

If I recall correctly, quite a few succubi were felled alongside those vampires. :3

Zedd

*pounces and leaps on Llearch and nibbles his boxy neck*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm.

I do wish you'd brush your teeth, and perhaps use a little mouthwash, before attempting that. Maybe next time?

Zedd

Anyone got any lime tictacs that havent been in Ambers grasp or in their couch cause of her? Cause I could use a few