25/Sep/06 so typical

Started by Jack McSlay, September 24, 2006, 11:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

(universal date format this time)
it does seem like aary got off subject on that... lol I begin to wonder what's the grudge between cubi and dragons...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

AmigaDragon

Umm, why wouldn't Aary let a dragon near Dan?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Saist

* je.saist makes some comment about egotistical cubis, followed by running away quickly

Zorro

Must be a racial thing.  Dragons live far longer than even the Cubi so they have an advantage.

200, 000 years ago X happened.  Dragons know about X and Cubi Don't.

Tarkya

Heh... puppets ROCK.

And by the way... I just noticed that Pyroduck isn't wearing his bracers. Odd.

Moonfire

Even more puzzling since in this episode seems to be a dragon-like thing that's has a very friendly relatioinship between the two.

RJ

*dies just thinking about sitting through one of Aary's classes*

Supercheese

Hmm, does that mean that cubi, when being all evil villain-ish, are even more prone to monologing? (monologueing?)

Tarkya

Quote from: Moonfire on September 24, 2006, 11:53:56 PM
Even more puzzling since in this episode seems to be a dragon-like thing that's has a very friendly relatioinship between the two.

I think it's been established that the thing is a Mythos, not a dragon.

Netami

Spelled "awesome" incorrectly.

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  So Abel has nothing against Pyro personally, he just doesn't like dragons because of a long-standing dislike between the races.  How speciest!  Dragons and cubi can get along!  We have so much in common!  They eat beings' bodies, we eat beings' souls.  They like to have virgins sacrificed to them, we like virgins to sacrifice their...

*Charles interjects!*  We get the picture!  >.<  But geez, Aary sounds alot like several people I know who literally will go on for five hours about something.   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Roureem Egas

As of today, Aary strikes me as easily distracted as Dan can be.

Zedd

Well isnt that sweet....Abbys alittle Xenophobic thats all peoples

KarlOmega1

-she went on for five hours talking?

the comic is funny!!!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Grenn

(Long time reader, 1st time poster) :)

So it would seem that Abel and Pyroduck didn't know each other before today. I suppose that Abel saw Pyro and freaked at first, knowing immediatly that he was a dragon.

Then Pyro came in to see Abel (actually making a first impression since it was the first time the 2 have met) and Abel reacted the way he did based only on that fact that he knew Pyro was a Dragon.

Well played, Amber. We all believed that the 2 knew each other personally before this :)

King Of Hearts

Miss Amber's making quite a habit of this, wonderful... nothing like a few red herrings in a sea of speculation to create surprise.

Oh Biggs... may you never have to make Pyro loose his cool.

MT Hazard

"Pride, my favorite sin" The devil

Shouldn't known that Arry would be distracted by things like that, any chance to brag. Don't forget 'and its a sin you should be proud of dammit!' after the patch crisis.

I'm wondering were this is all leading. while Dan end up impersonating Alexsi? or will he stand up fro himself ? While wildy save the day? How much impact to the forums have on the ongoing story?  will people stop asking questions? unlikely.

Theres a quote from Alice in wonderland that I'm surprised hasn't been used yet...

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes" ?

"'Curiouser and curiouser,' said Alice." ?

"You're nothing but a pack of cards!" ?

... you know, you really should be more specific... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

Well this goes to show how well a race of cubi's could be so racisit towards Dragons. There has to be a reason for this distrust between the two. Yaeh today's strip very fricking funny my heads hurts *Listening to AC/DC Highway to Hell* Very good Amber for throwing us off of the reason why Abel and Pyro hate each other............................ :mowcookie

ITOS

"... let a dragon go near Dan."

Why Dan? Does it have to do with his clan or him being a young cubi?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Weleho Rogan

'Cubi fear dragons because some dragons don't like 'cubi as 'cubi want to be the strongest creatures ever. Thus, 'cubi ayhte dragons because they envy the power that dragons hold as the most ancient race, also 'cubi would want to be just as powerful.. also, dragons that eat beings and creatures ofcourse reduce the amount of souls for the 'cubi to steal  :)

Also, 'cubi might think of dragons as some sort of hypocritic race, as some dragons refer to themselves as "guardians of the planet". Ofcourse, as we haven't seen too many dragons in DMFA, some of them might even try to fulfill such a noble role. We'll see what Pyro does- as it seems that he'll fit in that mould perfectly.

We mustn't forget that according to the lore, not all dragons are friendly, good aligned, whatsoever. Also we know that they some of them are extremely intelligent. And that they all love games and hoarding  :3

Dard

Abel really has to give Pyroduck credit for coming up with an equally distracting, longer lasting and less painful (at least physically) way to distract Aary besides De-Dressu!

Weleho Rogan

:laugh Thanks for reminding me of that one, I laffed so hard when I read that episode  :)

MT Hazard

The quote I was thinking of is "Where all mad here"

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Gabi

Quote from: Dard on September 25, 2006, 09:24:55 AM
Abel really has to give Pyroduck credit for coming up with an equally distracting, longer lasting and less painful (at least physically) way to distract Aary besides De-Dressu!
Pyro's too smart and proud of it to miss a chance to take advantage of Aary's defects.

So Abel's a racist. Who would have thought so, after all the discrimination he's been the target of? Then again, that happens more often than anyone would expect.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Vidar

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 25, 2006, 10:05:33 AM
So Abel's a racist. Who would have thought so, after all the discrimination he's been the target of? Then again, that happens more often than anyone would expect.

It's not just Abel, because he knew that Aary would have done the same unless she was distracted.  Dan doesn't like dragons either, so it's either a 'cubi race memory (like how my dog went berserk when she saw a stuffed bear in a cave museum once) or it's something that they are taught at SAIA.

Either way, there might be a good, logical reason for it, like why Beings are generally afraid of 'cubi - because they're dangerous and unpredictable.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

But that doesn't explain the bad sentiments between the Cubi and Cubi species. There has to be a history to have both of them a arms legnth at each other. I bet way in the past somewho a Cubi ancestor was wrongfully besmirched or something to that effect.......

komissarmakarov

On a somewhat unrelated note... has anyone noticed just how CUTE Pyroduck is in the last panel? That, combined with the puppet, Abel in the second panel- any more sugar/hormones and I'll be kicked out of the Party for enjoying myself too much! xD

Gabi

Quote from: Vidar on September 25, 2006, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: Gabi on September 25, 2006, 10:05:33 AM
Quote from: Dard on September 25, 2006, 09:24:55 AMSo Abel's a racist.

I think the term is 'specieist'.
No, it's race, not species. Species would be dog/cat/rat/etc., and that's not in question here.

I was surprised about Abel and not Aaryanna because I already knew she considers cubi superior to all other races.

And yes, cuteness++.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly