9/17 Bad Past History

Started by Teroniss, September 17, 2006, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Hmm, It looks like Abel is copying Dan when Aary came to visit him. Seems theres some bad blood between Abel and Pyroduck.

Netami

Rowne

I actually feel a little conflicted here.  Abel, for all his posturing (oh and he does posture) doesn't seem like a really bad sort, he's a bit of a jerk but he's not the evil kind of person who'd want anything really bad to befall anyone.  In that respect, I'd say he has a bit of 'adventurer' in him (not the kind that randomly go around killing things but the sort that look out for people, much like Devin and Xander).

Considering how Abel feels about Pyro, I'm not sure whether Pyro was all the manners of good and nifty that I'd expected him to be.  I'm silently hoping that this is a case of mistaken identity but I also have a feeling that I can really see quite where this is going ...

Manawolf

Quote from: Netami on September 17, 2006, 11:17:40 PM
Pyroduck is Fnar's father.

No, that was Drip...unless Pyroduck IS DRIP!  That's grandmother****er!

Jack McSlay

or, maybe Pyroduck had PK'ed abel another day  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Kitsune Ascendant

wow. this topic lost me almost as quickly as the comic did. I expect things to make more sense when explained, but dang.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Manawolf

Jack references.

http://pholph.com/

Beware, he truly is a grandmother****er (Drip anyway).

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Manawolf on September 17, 2006, 11:36:59 PM
Beware, he truly is a grandmother****er (Drip anyway).

Technically it was the other way round if I'm not wrong...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Manawolf

::Starts up musical-::

Nah, Amber's just gonna get madder the farther this goes.

As for Pyro, either he didn't do what he did to able yet (meaning further traveling back in time), or he's looking to act nonchalant while patching up old wounds.

LigerJet

*looks at the knives* ...I wonder if he's bluffing this time. o_o

xHaZxMaTx

Very interesting...  And no, I don't think he is.

Slipdance

You know, with the hemophobia (is that the word?) that Abel has, you think he'd have mastered maces instead of swords. 

Oh, and first post on new forums!  *looks around* <<

Manawolf

Teroniss

You know, taking a closer look at Pyro, and remembering from Vol. 598's Demonology lesson, it might be possible that he is a halfdragon as it is apparently possible for beings and dragons to breed together.

e_voyager

for all his distast for blood i don't think able is bluffing. wait are those dan's swords?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ITOS

I'm worried about Lost Lake.

Or maybe the reporter won't notice the huge swords that are stuck in the walls. :paranoid
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Manawolf

Just show the bar, bypass the back room.  Everything will be fine.

e_voyager

that might work but i'm not sure that Dan is wise enough to do that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Sienna Maiu - M T

Here's my take on the matter. Abel saw where this was going and decided to sneak out before it was too late. Before Pyro gets a chance to foil his plans any further, he's threatening him out. I think that the problem here for Abel is a) he doesn't like crowds or whatever one might find in the outside world, so he wants to stay secluded. Also to be mentioned is his dislike for those who use there 'cubi powers to completely change their appearance, hence his distain to help in this matter. There is also of course the matter that he may have concluded that they want him to not teach Dan more skills, but to pose as Merlitz himself.

Well... that's just my thought on the matter...

but maybe he really does know Merlitz somehow...
dun dun dunnn!!!

Toric

If it was just a matter of Abel suspecting Pyro would ask him to imitate Merlitz I doubt he would respond with a knife-fling and an ultimatum. That's more of a "Let me save you some time. No." type of situation.
Yap by Silver.

xHaZxMaTx

[offtopic]
Quote from: Toric on September 18, 2006, 02:28:09 AM
...ife-fling and an ultimatum...
An old tomatoe? :B
[/offtopic]

Don't mind me, please, continue.

Arcalane

Quote from: Slipdance on September 18, 2006, 12:12:49 AM
You know, with the hemophobia (is that the word?) that Abel has, you think he'd have mastered maces instead of swords. 

Maces are just as bloody, you know. Except most of the blood is kept in the bruises. :P

Unless one has a Morningstar. Those're pointy. >:3

thegayhare

well no matter how strong his phobia is his rage allows him him to overcome that

e_voyager

as a dragon of rage i understand what you mean hare. that is why i left that body behimd. 3000 years and it was burning out form ober use and over powing it all the time.

thegayhare

Quote from: Manawolf on September 17, 2006, 11:48:41 PM
As for Pyro, either he didn't do what he did to able yet (meaning further traveling back in time), or he's looking to act nonchalant while patching up old wounds.

No I'm sure he's already done what it is able wants to savagely beat and then skin him alive for.  His reaction when he spotted Abel for the first time, his compleat lack of a reaction to the attack and his admitting he knew he was in danger comming in like that all points to the fact that he knows just why Abel wants to rearrange his internal organs in aa non functional manner.

His playing up that he dosen't know able to the others  just seems to say what ever it is he wants it to remain a secret.  I'm starting to wonder about the quality of out flamingfowl's charactor.  the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw this was Pyro is a conartist.  Abel was either one of his past victums or some one he used as apawn to get at a bigger prize...  Maybe even something to do with what got him booted from the library for ever.  (something thats been bugging me since we found out that Abel was a librarian and he's now banned from the library) Maybe he was the assistant librairain and Pyroduck scamed him into letting him at some of the rare books, which he stole and sold off for a ton of money. 

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Sheridan on September 18, 2006, 03:01:18 AM

Maces are just as bloody, you know. Except most of the blood is kept in the bruises. :P

Unless one has a Morningstar. Those're pointy. >:3
The words 'saber' and 'light' come to mind, not in that order, mind you.

King Of Hearts

[contrived theories]

-Pyro once set up Abel and Aary on a blind date!

-Pyro is the monster from the outpost

-Pyro was Abel's ex

[/contrived theories]

Zedd

Tapewolf

You know, with the hemophobia that Abel has, you think he'd have mastered maces instead of swords.

I think it's more a case of blood triggering flashbacks of a particular event.  If Pyroduck is somehow responsible for that event, killing him might even cure it.

Welcome aboard.  Now please report to 'The Villa' for a full greetings thread  :)

Quote from: e_voyager on September 18, 2006, 12:37:36 AM
for all his distast for blood i don't think able is bluffing. wait are those dan's swords?

I agree.  For the swords, Abel has the ability to store them in hyperspace and recall them at will, about the only use of magic which Dan currently approves of.

Quote from: ITOS on September 18, 2006, 01:00:30 AM
I'm worried about Lost Lake.
Or maybe the reporter won't notice the huge swords that are stuck in the walls. :paranoid

I highly doubt they're going to show off the bedrooms in the basement.

Anyway.  Pyroduck has wronged Abel, and wronged him bad.  Pyroduck knows what he's done, he's just admitted it in the last panel.  This could be interesting.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd