9/13/06 Abel's story- Oh (fudge)...

Started by James StarRunner, September 13, 2006, 10:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

Whoa... That Fa-Teen rating sure influenced today's comic! Wonderfully done, but creepy...

Roureem Egas

Well, if Abel's gonna be accused of doing this any time soon, Xander and Devin are witnesses. I know this has been said before, but it seems this will be where Abel develops that fear.

Do those windows strike anyone else as looking somewhat futuristic?

James StarRunner

I guess this comic may have left a few of us speachless.

I wonder how the hole got in the cart. Surely a fist or tenticle wouldn't be able to do that. Magic involved perhaps? May explain the smoke... If the house is on fire though the attack must have been very recent.

Oh, it looks like someone spoke up. I don't know if those are "futuristic" windows, but they do look tinted.

Zorro

Yes but what is the motive for the act?

No one was eaten.

James StarRunner

Akisohida

They must have been dead for a little bit, for the eyes to have glazed over with that white film. Either that or a magic attack took their minds (or souls) before or after they were killed, respectively.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Akisohida on September 13, 2006, 11:45:25 PM
...Either that or a magic attack took their minds (or souls) before or after they were killed, respectively.
Which is what I was hinting at.

KarlOmega1

The comic has somewhat sent me into a state of shock...

:erk
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Manawolf

"They watch with pinprick eyes as the green rabbit comes for them."

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Manawolf on September 14, 2006, 12:02:03 AM

You mean Jack, don't ya?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

xHaZxMaTx

Aridas

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on September 14, 2006, 12:04:38 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on September 14, 2006, 12:02:03 AM

You mean Jack, don't ya?

Good job ruining the whole point of the post.

Starcat5

...question. Is "Able's Story" before, or after the undead became a race?  :zombiekun2
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Netami

Manawolf

Are we talking spontaneous rising of intelligent undead, or perhaps the practice of necromancy to raise mindless and tireless servants?

Lomgren

...I was expecting something bad... but...

*speechless*

Amber Williams

1. These events take place way before the major Undead revival.  While it is possible to make a single mindless-undead servant or two...it tends to take a bit of time and preparation. (While there are a wonderful assortment of spells that one can cast on the fly...the majority of magic requires a good deal of time and energy and preparation)  Either way, don't expect anything popping back to life.

2.  I suck at windows for the most part. They're suppose to just be regular windows in an unlit building but I FAILED.  'A'

3: Hope you enjoyed the extra updates this week.

thegayhare

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 13, 2006, 11:29:24 PM
I wonder how the hole got in the cart. Surely a fist or tenticle wouldn't be able to do that.

What hole in the cart?  I don't see a hole thers is what looks like a massive blood splater across the bottom of the cart

It looks like the attack was very sudden.  Comming in either from the same direction as abel, xander, and devin or from somewhere off to the left of them. It was fast too these people didn't have time to react.  No weapons were drawn n arrows were fired from the towers or walls.  It came in and killed the mouse(or rabbit) and the bird first then turned over the cart.  (the debris pattern would seem to show the cart was lifted from the front first then turned on it's side) trapping one victum under it and throwing the second person clear.  The one under the cart was probably still alive when the attacker pounced on the one that was thrown clear (the place ment of the hand would seem to sugest they were trying to pull themselves out) the last victum was killed quicly before the maimed victums screams drew to much attention.  It then smashed threw the gate.  all happening in a matter of moments before anyone could even react.

the speed and strength required in this would seem to sugest a demon, or an angel. The ferocity of the attack seems to point to a demon, angels would use a differnt tactic though it could be something of a wilder angel.  course there is always the possibility of a Mythos too.

Teroniss

Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 14, 2006, 01:25:18 AM
2.  I suck at windows for the most part. They're suppose to just be regular windows in an unlit building but I FAILED.  'A'

Thats ok Amber, truth be told, the whole building looks futuristic, but that neither here nor there(is that an antenna on the right building?)

Azlan

Very nice, good to see some serious violence and the harsher side of things.  Quite the scene, whatever did this is certainly dangerous... could be multiple attackers.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Zedd

Like FKK sig would say...Ho-ho-ho-holy shit!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well.

That one's going to be easy to transcribe. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 13, 2006, 11:27:32 PM
Do those windows strike anyone else as looking somewhat futuristic?

I believe we've been through this with Abel's childhood home.  The windows are futuristic in that they are single panes of glass, which I don't think was possible until the Victorian era, maybe later.  Amber's explanation then was that they have a magical way of producing sheet-glass, and I'm sticking to it :)

As for the antenna on the right-hand building, I hope that's some kind of flag mast, otherwise things get a bit convoluted.  Not only would it imply basic electronics (spark-gap morse code or maybe valve amplifiers), but there's also the problem of how you'd power the station.  Either they've got three-phase power distribution or a small generator in the back somewhere.

I'm not sure how you get into the small towers, though.  If the ladders were removed, there might be someone still alive in there.

**EDIT**

Quote from: Akisohida on September 13, 2006, 11:45:25 PM
They must have been dead for a little bit, for the eyes to have glazed over with that white film. Either that or a magic attack took their minds (or souls) before or after they were killed, respectively.

I think only 'cubi have that power, unless demons can also learn some kind of soul-trapping magic.  If Kria is anything to go by, there wouldn't be much left in the way of bodies, and Angels are supposed to be less direct, unless it's some form of terrorism (in which case they wouldn't need to eat them).

So I'd say it looks rather like a 'cubi.  As for how long they've been left there, it probably took at least 15-30 minutes to get there from where they were last strip, and we don't know when the attack happened.  Or even if the monster is still there..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2006, 04:40:41 AM
As for the antenna on the right-hand building, I hope that's some kind of flag mast, otherwise things get a bit convoluted.  Not only would it imply basic electronics (spark-gap morse code or maybe valve amplifiers), but there's also the problem of how you'd power the station.  Either they've got three-phase power distribution or a small generator in the back somewhere.

I'm not sure how you get into the small towers, though.  If the ladders were removed, there might be someone still alive in there.

I'd guess the following:

- the smaller towers may, or may not, be larger lengthwise than apparent, and may have some sort of elevator arrangement, which you can pull up to the top from inside.

... if the Creature can fly, even a little, then that's not going to be a huge obstacle. Further notes below the next point.

- that might not be an antenna. It could well be a small chimney from a pot belly stove or some such, for heating the tower. In which case, the fact that it's not emitting any smoke suggests that, undamaged as they look, things are not all that good inside. And likely match what's going on on the rest of the field...

Given the above, chances are there's a smashed window on the other side.

.. also, it's nice to see a palisade around the post, even if it's been busted in. Bearing in mind that the cart would fit through that gate, it's fair to say the Post itself isn't really all that small...

Can't wait for tomorrow and saturday... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Helst

I am in support of the blood! D:

Cause ya know..... It'll be like  a monster movie!

And I quote Roscoe from the Jack forum:

"Wow."

"Go Amber."

Blood and Terror FTW!

ShiningShadow

I'm saying WTF. But there's something there that we are missing here if magic was used does the destruction pattern should be more vast and extremly devistating you know the answer to that TW. Now I have a feeling a survivor will appear soon. But right now I'm shocked but I love the placement of blood
and the smell of death all around.........

Alondro

Quote from: Ink on September 14, 2006, 03:50:04 AM
Love the blood. The scene.

*Charles erks*  Charline, did you or Ink do that?   :erk

*Charline hmms*  I dunno... the heads could've been severed and decked upon the trees along with the entrails.  And writing sinister poetry in blood upon the walls of the fortress, mocking the victims whose souls had been devoured would've been a lovely touch for a truly malevolent cubi like Ink or I.  Even more fun is playing "Mr. Potato Head" with the body parts.  Of course, this is some time ago.  I'm certain we both had our killing sprees back then.  It's hard to recall such things when one is lost in the mirth of carnal bloodlust and the glut of terrified souls crying out in horror as they're absorbed.  Not to mention I did that sort of thing every week in my younger days.  Ah, what a playful happy-go-lucky period that was!

*Charles backs away*  Forget I asked...  :eek
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif