09/13/06 Blissful?

Started by Amber Williams, September 12, 2006, 11:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Update: Server is back up.

(Sorry for the inconvenience on the server.  I've temporarily put the most recent comic up on Mab's Land in the meantime...though the majority of readers likely won't notice.  :<)

Kenji

It's ok. We'll forgive you since you gave Pyro a feather.  :<

Aridas

Noooooooo not Dan! :< *flops uberdepressedemoly*

Starcat5

Nevermind the feather! Did you see how Abel was reacting? To say nothing of the look on Pyroduck's face afterwords? I think our resident self-proclamed time traveler has had a run-in with Able once before.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

llearch n'n'daCorna

What the heck are Abel and Pyroduck up to?

Does Abel recognise him? Is Pyroduck actually a Cubi? Did Pyroduck flash Abel? Why did Abel freak? Why does Pyroduck look like its no big deal?

Questions, questions, questions...

(dammit, ninja'd.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Castle Pokemetroid

Hahaha!  :mowhappy That seems really funny, and it looks like a two in one comic to me. I'll always forgive you Amber! As long as I get the comic, I don't care!  :mowwink

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 12, 2006, 11:24:02 PM

Does Abel recognise him? Is Pyroduck actually a Cubi? Did Pyroduck flash Abel? Why did Abel freak? Why does Pyroduck look like its no big deal?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing...

Castle Pokemetroid

All Pyroduck needs is headwings and he'll be a cubi! Lets just say that he's using his cubi powers to hide his wings.

thegayhare

see this all ties back to my Abels story speculation that Pyroduck went back in time and saved Abel from a time traveling mosnter sent to destroy him so he and jyrras would never fall in love.

Starcat5

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 12, 2006, 11:24:02 PM

(dammit, ninja'd.)

...actually, Pyro looks sad, or an unhappy suprized. That isn't the same as "No big deal."
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

topher chee

Lomgren

Argh... forgetting so many characters... and I can't go back and read the archives now...

and click the comic banner for the link

Manawolf

Note about RPGs, not everyone has to stick to a party of 3.  The more the merrier, and Dan still has beef since Alexsi's involved, even if he doesn't get first crack at Biggs.

Zedd

KarlOmega1

I agree that by the looks on Pyroduck's and Abel's faces that they either knew each other at some point in time or the remind each other of someone else they know...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

King Of Hearts

*gasp*

I got it!

Pyroduck is the monster that attacked the outpost!

AND he's poaching Dan's feathers!

*gasp!*

*GASP!*

Oh, and what exactly happened on the main comic site?

Shakal

Quote from: starcat5 on September 12, 2006, 11:42:39 PM

...actually, Pyro looks sad, or an unhappy suprized. That isn't the same as "No big deal."

To further the speculation line of Pyro being a cubi, what if he's (one of) Abel's ex(es) from SAIA? spend 400 years at school, and if you let yourself out of your shell even every once in a while, you're likely to have at least a few relationships.

Teroniss

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 13, 2006, 12:47:54 AM
*gasp*

I got it!

Pyroduck is the monster that attacked the outpost!

AND he's poaching Dan's feathers!

*gasp!*

*GASP!*

Oh, and what exactly happened on the main comic site?

Your probably not far, I centainly think we're going to see Pyroduck very soon in Abel's Story........Infinitely soon most likely

Azlan

It is certainly is an interesting expression on Abel's face, don't know what Pyro is doing as you can see neither hands or face.  Interesting indeed.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

gland your back online. and widly leaving dand behind was a twist. i thoug she's at least use him fo a distraction.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Oh, I didn't notice the feather.  That's bizarre, and rather creepy. 

Abel's reaction to Pyroduck I definitely did not expect, and that's interesting on a number of levels.

Pyro has a gold band on his tail which he never, ever removes.  If that isn't the behaviour of someone using a patch, then I don't know what is.  But that means that he can't be a 'cubi, since he wouldn't need it.  Even Dan is using the Power nowadays.

Since Pyroduck seems to know about the future, the time-traveller thing seems likely.  That means he might be a Being, since he could have visited Abel's past, and done what ever terrible thing has freaked Abel out.
Either that or he's a Demon or an Angel, since they are the other chief candidates to have been around before Abel entered SAIA - but that would imply some kind of early patch technology in the past, a'la CJP.

One possibility is that Pyroduck is the Creature that Devin is hunting, or was somehow responsible for his orphan status, but looting, pillaging and murder seem a bit out of character for him, and besides that's far too direct for Amber.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rowne

I like that theory, Tape.  I'd come to a similar conclusion myself.  In my own meandering way.  First I looked at Pyro and didn't see it, then I looked again and did.  Then I looked at Dan.  This was followed by some chin-rubbing and queer thinking as to what Dan and Pyroduck had been up to.  I surmised the hearty shake-up of a rollercoaster and forgot about it.

I didn't really pay attention to Abel though, that's also interesting.

Anyway, I went onto Abel's Story and remembered that Devvy had blue featheryness on his tail.  At that moment, there was a clicking sound, promptly followed by the "Ooooh~" of knowledge new.

That's definitely a theory worth spending some time to mull over but since I don't have all that much time to mull, I'll leave the mulling to other professional mullers who mull over that which will be mulled.

The most important part of this comic though for myself was; a story featuring Pyroduck, yay!  I like Pyroduck, quite a lot, he's very nifty.  Not only is he DMFA's Doctor Who, he has a wonderfully alien appearance.  Not to mention the golden eyes; another feature that he and Devin share.  Saaaay ... but we're not going there.  Right?

I just hope Pyroduck isn't sad throughout the adventure.  Sad Pyroduck would make for a gruelling experience.  Happy Pyroduck will make for a story that I'll remember.

Tapewolf

Rowne, I can't see a flaw in your Devin/Pyroduck reasoning - I just have problems accepting it :P

What I really wanted to say was this;

How will Dan and Abel get to meet Destania?
Will Wildy discover that the only reason Destania allowed her to escape the Twink realm alive was because Dan was with her that time?
Will Dan and Abel sneak off leaving the inn totally unguarded?
Will their attempts to keep the inn open destroy it completely?  Will Alexsi beat Wildy to pulp for leaving Dan in charge of it?  [See strip #084]

Find out in the next episode(s) of:

llearch n'n'daCorna

*rotfl*

That's just classic, TW. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rowne

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2006, 05:23:36 AMRowne, I can't see a flaw in your Devin/Pyroduck reasoning - I just have problems accepting it :P

And you think I don't?

I suppose time detectives (I really, really shouldn't call Pyroduck that) need to go undercover occasionally, which means acting out a different personality suited to whichever mission they happen to be on.

... still, no.  It's just too much of a contrivance.

... ... ... isn't it?

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2006, 05:23:36 AMHow will Dan and Abel get to meet Destania?

Dan and Abel choose to follow, as bushes!  Bushes will little drums.  And they play the little drums whenever they move, for ambience.  And yet, somehow, nobody notices!  Other than everybody.  And they get invited along anyway.

... well, it worked in Emporer's New School.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2006, 05:23:36 AMWill Dan and Abel sneak off leaving the inn totally unguarded?

They'll put Jyrras in charge.

He'll take this oppurtunity to experiment with explosive new cocktail mixes for the denizens of Lost Lake.

Lost Lake will cease to exist, just in time for the Inspector to arrive (that hasn't happened yet, I believe?).

Dan will be blamed.

And mauled.

Again.

Gabi

Why are you people so obsessed with Cubi? It would be boring if everyone was a Cubi in disguise.

And yes, poor Dan. Too bad he can't impose himself on the group like what Wildy did.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Netami

Quote from: Gabi on September 13, 2006, 06:40:37 AM
Why are you people so obsessed with Cubi? It would be boring if everyone was a Cubi in disguise.

Er, because more than half of the population that RPs here decided it would be cool if their characters were cubi. I am still waiting for the Angel or Demon arc to be written, and the inevitable creation of those characters.

It's called a bandwagon.

ShiningShadow

Well with abel and Pyroduck I think there's something there. Like a relationship happened in Abel time zone arc we are reading right now. But for now let Amber do her magic and wait and see wait develops. Till then we will spouting theories till the crack of Doom.  :laugh :laugh :laugh

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netami on September 13, 2006, 06:44:51 AM
Quote from: Gabi on September 13, 2006, 06:40:37 AM

Er, because more than half of the population that RPs here decided it would be cool if their characters were cubi.  It's called a bandwagon.

Perhaps.  I think it's called "'Cubi have all the advantages".  Let's see : twice the lifespan of an Angel or Demon, and thirty times the lifespan of most Beings - and that's just by virtue of their race.  If you can bring yourself to eat other people's souls you can extend it pretty much indefinitely, or at least until the adventurers get you.

Then we have the fact that they are naturally adept at magic, and can read minds, enter dreams.  They don't need to eat or sleep either, and of course we have the shapeshifting power - the only thing that could top that is Matt Keller's 'Plateau Eyes' (which 'cubi might be able to do anyway).

I can't speak for other people's choices, but Jakob is a 'cubi because I thought it was a fascinating race to write about, and besides it was supposed to be a one-off anyway. 

QuoteI am still waiting for the Angel or Demon arc to be written, and the inevitable creation of those characters.

We shall see  >:3  I still think it's because Amber's on to a winner with the 'cubi concept.

LionHeart

Wild speculation:

Pyroduck goes back in time after the events of this arc, and meets Abel in his past.

Hence Abel's shock at seeing him here/now, and Pyroduck is puzzled at Abel's reaction because, for him, the meeting hasn't taken place yet...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity