09/13/06 Blissful?

Started by Amber Williams, September 12, 2006, 11:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: LionHeart on September 13, 2006, 07:57:04 AM
Wild speculation:

Pyroduck goes back in time after the events of this arc, and meets Abel in his past.

Hence Abel's shock at seeing him here/now, and Pyroduck is puzzled at Abel's reaction because, for him, the meeting hasn't taken place yet...

Slight flaw in that theory, Pyroduck has a detailed enough knowledge of this time to be able to win bets, which implies he has already travelled back into the past.

We have no idea what his initial reaction to Abel was because he was facing away from us, but it sent Abel running.

I think Pyro didn't react the same way because he knew it would happen and was prepared for it.

I kind of like the 'old flame' theory myself*, but that's probably because it's one of the least nasty options.  Others include that Pyro did something vicious to Abel or his clan, or that Abel did something awful to Pyro or his family.
How that would work chronologically I can't say - Abel can't really be the aggressor since he needs 'cubi power for that and he's only just left SAIA.

**EDIT**
I don't think Abel can keep this a secret.  Dan's going to notice, or Abel is going to ask him questions or something.  With luck he might be just about to talk to the rats again, but it looks like he's going to have difficulty hiding how much Pyro spooks him.

*  But I'm not sure I believe it.  Pyro might have gotten into SAIA, but I don't think he was a student there.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alan Garou

I have a decidely evil theory as to how  :mowdan is going to get to the wedding. As we all know, cubi's shapeshifter abilities include the ability to shift gender. And since Dan is so adamant about going to save Alexsi, he may be willing to endure such a humiliating disguise to achieve this goal. What if, to help Dan out (or to just get rid of him for a while), Abel teaches Dan this trick, and off to Twink territiories heads the semi-new character Danielle.  :mwaha

Drake Manaweilder

I think Abel just freeked because in his mind he's thinking "Ack! Being!" (he isn't hiding his headwings) and likely figures that Pyro is going to sound the alarm and a cubi hunt will begin.
my gues anyway

Silverfoxr

i have to agree with gabi on something - theres to many cubi wannbe's running around here - sure there a very powerful species - but it does get boring when everybody thinks pyro is also a cubi - my thoughts hes gotta be a demon or angel in disguse :) not everybody is cubi it would become DMFA dragonball z if that happened O_O

Alondro

*Charline snerks, recalling the parody "DBZ In A Nutshell 2"*  Ah-ha!  I've trained all my life to become a Super-Cubi and now I am!

*Charles pipes in*  yeah, well, so am I.

*Alondro*  So am I!

*PIp* Grrr!

*everyone*  So am I, so am I, so am I, so am I, so am I...

*Charline angsty*  I can't believe it!  there are so many Super Cubi, I must do something to go beyong Super Cubi!  *gets the constipated power boost look*  Raaaaar!

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Silverfoxr

look out its super cubi lvl 10~!

ITOS

I think Pyro should be a Mer, they are clearly underrepresented in the cast. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

rt

Well there is something definatly going on

.. Able definatley looks freaked out (ready to go back under the stairs again)

.. Pyroduck looks abit confused at it all

.. and the extra Able arc stories add to all this

.. :mwaha and Amber's will just laughing at us cause if extra stories are just bordom  :mwaha

Tapewolf

Quote from: rt on September 13, 2006, 11:01:49 AM
.. Able definatley looks freaked out (ready to go back under the stairs again)
He's bolted alright, the door's shut in the last pane.

.. Pyroduck looks abit confused at it all
He's looking at Wildy.  My guess is that she didn't ask him first.  On the other hand, he doesn't seem too concerned that his GF has been been dragged into a forced marriage.  Why should be be surprised at all, though, if he knows the future?

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on September 13, 2006, 09:52:58 AM
I think Abel just freeked because in his mind he's thinking "Ack! Being!" (he isn't hiding his headwings) and likely figures that Pyro is going to sound the alarm and a cubi hunt will begin.
my gues anyway

Normally I'd agree, except that this is Lost Lake - it will have many patrons of various races, and besides, it's jointly owned by a succubus and an Adventurer.
Abel seems to have got over that particular fear, at least during the trip into town.  No, I'd say it's something specific to Pyroduck.

Arcalane

Well, Pyro is quite the... enigma. Very little is really known about him according to his profile...

I'd go with the theory that he's one of the alternate species - Angel, Demon, whathaveyou. He may well be a fairly average looking Mythos too...

Only time will tell. D:

thegayhare

Well as for his species

Would it be stereo typing to look at his wings and tail and rule out an Angel?

angels generaly have feather based wings acording to Demo101  and demons Bat wings

Also
QuoteMost demons have lightning fast reflexes and the ability to turn their skin razor sharp and diamond hard

QuotePyroduck's tail is quite sharp when he wants it to be.

And I don't think the tail ring is nessisarly some sort of patch simply because it never comes off.  It could be a keep sake , a treasured heirloom, or a temporal displacment device that allows him to remain in the time instead of dragging him back where he belongs by the scruff of his neck.

ShiningShadow

Well until Amber let us in on Pyroduck backstory. We will have to wait and see what develops. Lately I seen Amber put together this strip in a way that we go *ohhhhhhhhh*. But for now lets throw wild speculation up in the air. Here's on Pyroduck is not an angel or devil but a Amway salesman :erk :erk

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on September 13, 2006, 11:35:37 AM
Would it be stereotyping to look at his wings and tail and rule out an Angel?  Angels generally have feather-based wings according to Demo101  and demons Bat wings

..and all of them, Angel, Demon and 'Cubi are able to do the skin-sharpening.  With 'cubi it usually seems to be their tentacles which they harden, but it's the same idea I think.

QuotePyroduck's tail is quite sharp when he wants it to be
..which suggests he's one of the above three, or possibly a Mythos - but they are generally more exotic.

QuoteAnd I don't think the tail ring is necessarily some sort of patch simply because it never comes off.  It could be a keepsake, a treasured heirloom, or a temporal displacement device that allows him to remain in the time instead of dragging him back where he belongs by the scruff of his neck.

True, I hadn't thought of it as part of the time-travel system.  OTOH, if it's not disguising him then he doesn't match any of the other demonic races - no horns, wrong wings for Angel.
That would seem to make him a 'cubi, which as others point out would be a bit of a let-down for all the controversy he's caused.

thegayhare

bugger
I didn't notice angels coud do that two

Still the wings don't fit angel so I'd say that leaves them effectivly off the list

so it's down to cubi and demon,  In the pyroduck write up it doesn't mention tenticals but that doesn't mean much.

how ever just cause you can't see horns desn't mean they arn't there, and they might not need magic to disguise them

they could be small ones like sue deers, or zatch bells and are naturaly hidden by hair,  or he could file the down on his own for astetic reasons

Arcalane

Quote from: thegayhare on September 13, 2006, 12:04:14 PM
they could be small ones like sue deers, or zatch bells and are naturaly hidden by hair,  or he could file the down on his own for astetic reasons

Or personal reasons, if they're hidden, who's to know that he's a demon?

`tis like hiding one's headwings. ;)

Gabi

*Reads Alondro's and Silver's posts and laughs.* Yes... something like that.

I wonder if any weres have shown up in the comic. We wouldn't know now, would we?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Manawolf

I think he may have been lumped in with the mythos, since he doesn't have headwings, and was introduced before Amber probably even started on mapping out the different races.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 13, 2006, 12:21:03 PM
I wonder if any weres have shown up in the comic. We wouldn't know now, would we?

I have a feeling that Amber or one of her inner circle said there was supposed to be a were among the people we've met.  I can't remember who said that now, and it's damn near impossible to search for since 'were' is also plural of 'was'.

I do remember that Merlitz was one candidate, though.

Mana has raised an excellent point, and there was something else I was going to say, but my vain attempts to find the citation have caused me to forget what it was :(

Zedd

Hmmmm I still feel sorry for Dan being the last man out...And majorly..I agree...Where are those weres?

fesworks

Quote from: starcat5 on September 12, 2006, 11:23:16 PM
Nevermind the feather! Did you see how Abel was reacting? To say nothing of the look on Pyroduck's face afterwords? I think our resident self-proclamed time traveler has had a run-in with Able once before.

INDEED!!!

terrycloth

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2006, 08:14:57 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on September 13, 2006, 07:57:04 AM
Wild speculation:

Pyroduck goes back in time after the events of this arc, and meets Abel in his past.

Hence Abel's shock at seeing him here/now, and Pyroduck is puzzled at Abel's reaction because, for him, the meeting hasn't taken place yet...

Slight flaw in that theory, Pyroduck has a detailed enough knowledge of this time to be able to win bets, which implies he has already travelled back into the past.

That's not exactly a flaw -- people can generally time travel more than once. After this trip, his next vacation or whatever might be in Abel's childhood...

Or maybe he'll go back from here to farther in the past to see why Abel was so spooked to see him, inadventantly making such a bad impression on the younger Abel that he's spooked when he sees him in the present.

e_voyager

wow i spend a few hours cleain house and you all take off. well done with the speculation. personly i prefer to be a non cubi travlein thon i have thoug about startin a rp with a youn (10 ore youer) cubi charcer to find out what growing up as one is like. as for ables reaction to pyroduck? that really makes me wonder.
has he met pyroduck before?
was the paper that pyroduck is workin for for a SAIA teacher?
why did i see only one dragon in that enter story line?.
it also makes when we'll see Jyrras's second  child... i never got a name for that one.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Thunderstep

If Wildy left Dan behind, he'll just lock up Lost lake and make his own team with Abel and maybe Jyrras. He's an adventurer for hire after all.

As for Pyroduck, look at the mythos description and it's soooo wide, he could fit. He's so much of a specie mixed up he'll fit.

But he still could be a demon with horns hidden. Still could be a cubi too. There's only three cubis, it's not that bad. And there's still were and undeads and mermaids and...

But like so many already said, it's Amber who gets the final word, isn't it ?

Manawolf

Here's a good question: Why is Wildy passing up a perfectly good meat shield?

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

terrycloth

My guess is, Wildy's planning to go in delicately, using stealth and deception. Dan proved how good he is at subterfuge the last time he snuck in to see Biggs.

Besides, both Mab and Pyroduck are natural twinks.

Zedd

Mr. G bear you got a big point with the final word

e_voyager

well there is that but twik power alone does not a twink make.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Arcalane

Quote from: e_voyager on September 13, 2006, 06:06:24 PM
well there is that but twik power alone does not a twink make.

It does in most cases.

Oh, wait, I forgot you need to have an extremely low IQ and a serious case of stupiditus. :U

Pyro/Mab may well have the power, and certainly the brains to use it responsibly and correctly. ;)