2013/01/20 [DMFA #1371] - Once upon an time...

Started by RandomMetaphysics, January 20, 2013, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Hoooooooooooooooooooooly crap. That is one long-lived and terrifying grudge!

Wanderer

Oh, so she was just being stupid and petty. How juvenile.

Lying Foo

Once upon a time, there was a very stupid succubus, who to get at a particularly obstinate Cubi, killed one of a band of very stupid adventurers, hoping they would stupidly barge in and kill him, at which time they nearly stupidly killed her daughter, then got their stupid rear ends kicked.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

nguard

Oh, Wow.   So, Abel was the target after all.  Well, we were warned that cubis were creatures of emotion, and so push things to 11.  Hostility as well as friendship.

Sounds like D really picked a bad assassination adventurer team.

Amber-- this world of yours has been getting darker and scarier lately. :(

Side note on the rant: Welcome to the wonderful world of daywalking and personal responsibility! Next on the agenda, Amber learns to appreaciate seeing a sunrise at the beginning of her day, instead of seeing it at the end of her day.  :P

Gamma

Aside from her heart being ripped out by Aniz, I currently see little reason she should really want to kill Abel...
If she has no better reason then I'm sorry, she certainly isn't redeemable.

But honestly maybe she wasn't to begin with. Her whole plan to wipe out dragons or whatever she's on about doesn't exactly seem to noble or nice either.
Honestly the only people who have seen her as "Nice" is her own family. And look at Lorenda's family, she thinks they are all nice but the entire family tree is listed by their greatest atrocity first!
If/When Dan realizes exactly how evil her mother can be/is he will have a lot of adjusting to do.

I understand her wanting Edward back as well but I doubt it requires killing off an entire race to accomplish, no matter how bad they can be.

Quote from: nguard on January 20, 2013, 11:47:43 PM
Amber-- this world of yours has been getting darker and scarier lately.
I'll bet it was always this dark and scary before, just no one handed you a flashlight and pointed out the baddies. :3
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Dressari

Welp gotter admit, this is a lot more of a stupid tactic than I gave Destania credit for. Amber really threw us all for a loop I bet, not so much for her target but so much the reasoning.

I can understand her reason mind you, she hated everything about Aniz when he broke her heart. It's unsurprising it's covered everything that was pretty much related to him as well. Hell hath no fury of a woman scorned as they say and that scorn is something to fear. Doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it any less to worry about.

I still don't think her reasoning behind it is sound still, and makes little sense. For more than one reason now obviously. Now it just begs the question does she rearlise the severity of what she started and the near miss of an end result it had.

I'm starting to wonder if indeed Destania has hidden Lost Lake from the sight of many, does it grant her the capability to keep an eye on whats going on at the Inn at the same time. The only reason she knew Abel was there was when Alexsi told her. I really really doubt she would have sent those adventurers to the Inn to kill 'a cubi' if Dan was even remotely there and mistakenly targeted him instead.

I'm also curious to what she is going to think when she rearlises that Abel saved Alexsi from a grisly end. Because despite what some may say, she has already shown she loves her family, Alexsi, Dan and Edward.

Quote from: GammaBut honestly maybe she wasn't to begin with. Her whole plan to wipe out dragons or whatever she's on about doesn't exactly seem to noble or nice either.

Again the dragons obliterated her clan, and left her, her mother and Dan as the soul survivors. Getting revenge against that is a pretty good motive for wiping out a race. Added to the fact as I understand the Dragons almost DID wipe out most of the Cubi race.

Like Pyroduck said, Cubi and Dragons each of the two seem to just spur the other on.

joshofspam

Well that narrows it down quite a bit.

Quote from: Dressari on January 20, 2013, 11:57:20 PM
I'm starting to wonder if indeed Destania has hidden Lost Lake from the sight of many, does it grant her the capability to keep an eye on whats going on at the Inn at the same time. The only reason she knew Abel was there was when Alexsi told her. I really really doubt she would have sent those adventurers to the Inn to kill 'a cubi' if Dan was even remotely there and mistakenly targeted him instead.

I'm also curious to what she is going to think when she rearlises that Abel saved Alexsi from a grisly end. Because despite what some may say, she has already shown she loves her family, Alexsi, Dan and Edward.

I'm actually wondering that too.

Seems rather odd that BOB just appeared at the inn right after Alexsi was kidnapped that time.

Actually, it kind of shocked me that it was Abel. Though I did think of Abel as one of the potential people she might have targeted, there where plenty of others she could have thrown a desk over for more logical reasons.

Though...That might be what threw me, Cubi can be very emotional driven creatures from what we have seen and what Abel has said. Vengeance is a very emotional driven objective. If a grudge is held by a cubi...it most likely won't be pretty or very logical.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I have to say if Destania's been this driven to kill off Abel after all this time; I wonder if she did anything to Aniz's other kids. :eek

Based on what Fa'Lina said here, we can maybe assume that he did have at the least one other kid. In addition, Aniz did say that "There just wasn't any time to test an ideal method this time" in regards to determining, if Abel was a cubi or not. Based on that it makes me think that he perhaps at least tried having a cubi offspring before Abel, whether it worked or not can't really tell.

We already know he was planning on having more than just Abel; however, I could be reading this out of context and Fa'Lina could have been making that comment in overall regard to the future children he initially planned on having. :/

Tapewolf

Well, that is disappointing.  I really didn't think she'd be so stupid as to jeopardise her plans, her son and her own life by attacking Abel and therefore tipping off her enemies that she had a presence at Lost Lake.

I don't think Dan's going to be too happy when he finds out either.

"Did anything happen to Alexsi...?"
"She was nearly killed by assassins sent by your mother.  The Dragons will now be tipped off to your existence and they will hunt you down like a dog."

EDIT:

Fa'Lina may have been right:  http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1330.php

I still have to wonder about Mertlitz.  Since old-style Destania is behind this, it's entirely likely she offed him to make things more convincing, though there is the problem of Aliyka as well. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Maark30

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 21, 2013, 02:33:25 AM
Well, that is disappointing.  I really didn't think she'd be so stupid as to jeopardise her plans, her son and her own life by attacking Abel and therefore tipping off her enemies that she had a presence at Lost Lake.  I don't think Dan's going to be too happy when he finds out either.

"She was nearly killed by assassins sent by your mother.  The Dragons will now be tipped off to your existence and they will hunt you down like a dog."

It is not that Destania is being stupid, Falina is just correct in her assessment, Dee has gone totally insane.  all she will gain from her current actions is the loss of the love of the family she has.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

tikitori

While her actions were not favorable to her character, I immediately thought Dee would do this with one goal in mind: To force Dan to stay at SAIA. Maybe if his guardian was taken out, then Fa'Lina might keep Dan safe-or so she hopes. It would explain why she didn't plan the hit until after Dan went to SAIA. As for the target being Abel, it'd just sweeten the deal.

But if that is indeed the case, then:

-It doesn't explain why she didn't mind sending Dan after Dark Pegasus unless she was that confident of Dan/Abel.
-Also, why not tell this to Biggs? I thought she trusted him...unless she really doesn't.

But yeah. Forcing Dan to safety would make sense otherwise. Lastly, while this is what I think is a possible reason for her actions, it's still not a logical/good one. I'm with everyone thinking she's gone insane.

Dressari

Well, that is disappointing.  I really didn't think she'd be so stupid as to jeopardise her plans, her son and her own life by attacking Abel and therefore tipping off her enemies that she had a presence at Lost Lake.

I would at this point, LIKE to think that when Dan does find out, and he will, any money. That when he finds out he and Alexsi going to be the voice of reason to snap their mother back into sane land. Although I can pretty much picture a hundred things going terribly wrong in that mean time.

Huh, I wonder what Edward will think of all this if he comes back into the picture.

It's a shame because what we've seen of Destania up until now suggests she's capable of caring for others, but just holds an incredible grudge against Aniz and Abel. Her plans appear to be devious still, but her blind anger is causing her to make mistakes or not thinking repercussions through.

Quote from: tikitoriWhile her actions were not favorable to her character, I immediately thought Dee would do this with one goal in mind: To force Dan to stay at SAIA. Maybe if his guardian was taken out, then Fa'Lina might keep Dan safe-or so she hopes. It would explain why she didn't plan the hit until after Dan went to SAIA. As for the target being Abel, it'd just sweeten the deal.

I think this is going to depend on knowing weather or not Destania was aware Dan was already at the Academy or not. Plus I wouldn't like to underestimate her knowledge of her own son, who was once an adventurer. If she's using this tactic to force Dan to stay at SAIA by killing Abel, it's not a very sure-fire way. If I were Dan and someone killed someone I knew at Lost Lake, I would want to find out who it was, why they did it and deal with the problem. Dan is far from raised as a Cubi.

If this indeed was her plan, then it's another thing to add to her silly list in this scheme.

Quote from: tikitori
-It doesn't explain why she didn't mind sending Dan after Dark Pegasus unless she was that confident of Dan/Abel.
-Also, why not tell this to Biggs? I thought she trusted him...unless she really doesn't.

Well Dan had dealt with DP three times before hand, on his own. A fourth to her was likely going to be without any hitches, I'm still curious to know if she is aware of the outcome of that little ploy. Actually now that you mention it, now that we know DP wasn't the target in Destania's plan it does beg the question of her reason for wanting the two to conflict in the first place. That defiantly does not make sense unless it was just to keep him busy and distracted from finding her at the Twinks.

And I agree on the whole Biggs thing, she does appear to be short handing him the explanations. She may be one of those ones who find it very very difficult to trust anyone completely (Possibly but not limiting to) outside her family.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dressari on January 21, 2013, 03:06:47 AM
And I agree on the whole Biggs thing, she does appear to be short handing him the explanations. She may be one of those ones who find it very very difficult to trust anyone completely (Possibly but not limiting to) outside her family.

She certainly painted a different picture to Alexsi.  Again, it would have been easier and neater to have sowed the seeds of doubt against Abel.

I was going to say that doing it that way wouldn't have had him killed on his birthday, but now I think about it, I don't see how she could have ensured the adventurers did that to a deadline either.

Plotting

I have a theory as to why Des want's Abel dead - she said she was going to Destroy Aniz, mind, body, and soul. One thing which Aniz genuinely cared about was his son, Abel.

Des likely want's to destroy everything Aniz cared about and had a vested interest in.

I would not be surprised if Des did something similar to kill off Aniz (who was killed by adventurers - including Alexi's mum, who died in the clash with Aniz). It also would not surprise me if she had something to do with the death of Wildly's mom.

TacticalError

While I'm sure Destania knows more about Abel's abilities than most everyone else, I don't see how she could have expected him to die to the BOB, especially with Wildy there- I doubt she thought the inn would be empty. Abel was doing reasonably well in the fight up to the temporary halt and Skirmish backstabbing him. It just feels like the hammy villian going 'NOOOO! MY PLAN HAS FAILED!' despite sending in a group of grunts (well, relatively) to kill the hero. Granted, in the end it wasn't Abel who defused the situation, but the BOB as an assassination team? I suppose it could have been a rushed effort- from this strip it appears that she wasn't anticipating Abel to leave the confines of SAIA.

Plotting

Quote from: TacticalError on January 21, 2013, 03:51:09 AM
While I'm sure Destania knows more about Abel's abilities than most everyone else, I don't see how she could have expected him to die to the BOB, especially with Wildy there- I doubt she thought the inn would be empty. Abel was doing reasonably well in the fight up to the temporary halt and Skirmish backstabbing him. It just feels like the hammy villian going 'NOOOO! MY PLAN HAS FAILED!' despite sending in a group of grunts (well, relatively) to kill the hero.  this strip it appears that she wasn't anticipating Abel to leave the confines of SAIA.

My guess is that she though a group of adventurers would have been sufficient to kill him. The B.O.B was enough to have killed him and would have killed him - had Wildy not stopped Gen from knocking him out with her crystal, and had Jyrrus not been there when Skirmish did knock him out with the crystal.

sanasawa

Quote from: Wanderer on January 20, 2013, 11:38:32 PM
Oh, so she was just being stupid and petty. How juvenile.

For starters, Cubi are longlived and therefore have a different concept of time...if you live for 5000 years, 500 years is a relatively short time...it probably doesent strike Des as strange to keep a grudge alive this long.

Secondly, Cubi seams to live in a clan-society. In such a society the individual has no importance in and off himself but mearly as a representative of his family. Letting one member of the clan pay for the actions of another member makes perfect sense.
Hunting the spirits. Chasing the fools. Raging for purity. Anyone to seduce.

Plotting

Quote from: sanasawa on January 21, 2013, 04:06:46 AM
For starters, Cubi are longlived and therefore have a different concept of time...if you live for 5000 years, 500 years is a relatively short time...it probably doesent strike Des as strange to keep a grudge alive this long.

Secondly, Cubi seams to live in a clan-society. In such a society the individual has no importance in and off himself but mearly as a representative of his family. Letting one member of the clan pay for the actions of another member makes perfect sense.

They are also highly emotional and impulsive. Powerful Cubi are no different in this respect to any other Cubi.

VAE

"She was nearly killed by assassins sent by your mother.  The Dragons will now be tipped off to your existence and they will hunt you down like a dog."

EDIT:

I still have to wonder about Mertlitz.  Since old-style Destania is behind this, it's entirely likely she offed him to make things more convincing, though there is the problem of Aliyka as well. 

Hmm. I wonder whether she's persuaded Dan's stupid ass is in SAIA at the present.

Alternately... I might be giving her entirely too much credit, being one of my favourite characters here, but it might well be a plan following two lines of thought - a) Get Abel's arse six feet under, and b) bait her enemies into acting in some way, perhaps misassessing her plans, and either getting in headlong, or,getting her first-order intention and doing nothing, thus offering Lost Lake a bit more protection bit longer.  After all, she didn't seem excessively upset at the failure, which suggests that even if it hasn't gone right, it hasn't gone catastrophically wrong (She doesn't strike me as a calm&collected type) 
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

sanasawa

This incident resembles  the hitjob on an unidentified cubi in Zinvth. 

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1302.php

Was that another of Aniz children Des got rid of?
Hunting the spirits. Chasing the fools. Raging for purity. Anyone to seduce.

justacritic

Perhaps it was better you failed Dee because Once upon a time there was a roo rat who liked a incubus, when he found out his best friend's mother killed him...

psilorder

Quote from: VAE on January 21, 2013, 06:20:46 AM

EDIT:

Hmm. I wonder whether she's persuaded Dan's stupid ass is in SAIA at the present.

Alternately... I might be giving her entirely too much credit, being one of my favourite characters here, but it might well be a plan following two lines of thought - a) Get Abel's arse six feet under, and b) bait her enemies into acting in some way, perhaps misassessing her plans, and either getting in headlong, or,getting her first-order intention and doing nothing, thus offering Lost Lake a bit more protection bit longer.  After all, she didn't seem excessively upset at the failure, which suggests that even if it hasn't gone right, it hasn't gone catastrophically wrong (She doesn't strike me as a calm&collected type) 

Well, she did throw a desk and possibly other things aswell.

Plotting

Quote from: justacritic on January 21, 2013, 07:12:30 AM
Perhaps it was better you failed Dee because Once upon a time there was a roo rat who liked a incubus, when he found out his best friend's mother killed him...

Personally, I would be more concerned about a certain Tri-Wing Poodle Cubi who thinks of Abel as an adopted son.

She also thinks of Pyroduck as an adopted son. Maybe that is why Abel does not get along with Pyroduck?  :mowwink

ChaosMageX

Quote from: sanasawa on January 21, 2013, 07:03:14 AM
This incident resembles  the hitjob on an unidentified cubi in Zinvth.  

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1302.php

Was that another of Aniz children Des got rid of?

Not likely, as she would have had the guy's kid offed as well on the off chance that the kid would grow up to be a Siar cubi.

Quote from: Plotting on January 21, 2013, 07:22:15 AM
Quote from: justacritic on January 21, 2013, 07:12:30 AM

Personally, I would be more concerned about a certain Tri-Wing Poodle Cubi who thinks of Abel as an adopted son.

She also thinks of Pyroduck as an adopted son. Maybe that is why Abel does not get along with Pyroduck?  :mowwink

Heh, sibling rivalry is the best rivalry, and I can say that from the personal experience of having a brother of my own. >:3 Although I think in this case it might be less sibling rivalry (since I'm not sure if Abel is even aware of Pyro's relationship with Fa'lina), and more the fact that Pyro is a dragon who sat on him once. xD

But seriously, as I've said before, if Destania doesn't fear the wraith of any of the dragons she's trying to wipe from the face of Furrae, especially the members of the race that are likely much more powerful than any tri-winged cubi, why would she fear Fa'lina's wraith?

Icon by Sunblink

Plotting

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 21, 2013, 07:33:55 AM
Heh, sibling rivalry is the best rivalry, and I can say that from the personal experience of having a brother of my own. >:3 Although I think in this case it might be less sibling rivalry (since I'm not sure if Abel is even aware of Pyro's relationship with Fa'lina), and more the fact that Pyro is a dragon who sat on him once. xD

I have two brothers and a sister. I am the youngest. Lots of rivalry in my household as a kid!  >:3

Also, Abel is aware that Fa'link thinks of Pyroduck as a son. She told him so.

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 21, 2013, 07:33:55 AM
But seriously, as I've said before, if Destania doesn't fear the wraith of any of the dragons she's trying to wipe from the face of Furrae, especially the members of the race that are likely much more powerful than any tri-winged cubi, why would she fear Fa'lina's wraith?

Because ultimately we don't know how she plans to wipe out all the dragons from the face of Furrae. I doubt she is personally powerful enough to do it on her own. She would most likely need aid, allies, or some sort of artifact and/or technology. Fa'lina is likely much more powerful than Destania. And Fa'lina has Fae friends in the form of Mab. Who knows what a Fae would do to someone who killed the adopted son of their friend.

MT Hazard

I used to think Dan was kind of immature, I still do, but he seems to be getting better, his mother on the other hand...

Its not good when the child ends up more mature than the parent.

I do wonder how much Edward being kidnapped effected Dee, it could be that she had forgotten her grudges against Abel and the dragons until he went missing, that he acted as a stabilising influence. Bear in mine this is the guy who convinced a succubus who was planing to kill him not only to spare his life, but to marry him.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

VAE

Quote from: psilorder on January 21, 2013, 07:21:13 AM
Quote from: VAE on January 21, 2013, 06:20:46 AM

EDIT:

Well, she did throw a desk and possibly other things aswell.

Is it odd that I count it as a rather mild reaction, still?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 21, 2013, 07:54:24 AM
I do wonder how much Edward being kidnapped effected Dee, it could be that she had forgotten her grudges against Abel and the dragons until he went missing, that he acted as a stabilising influence. Bear in mine this is the guy who convinced a succubus who was planing to kill him not only to spare his life, but to marry him.

I have to wonder whether she did actually love him at all.

EDIT:

Another big question is whether this hit on Abel was a one-off - whether in her twisted mind she did see it as a gift - or whether Abel is now going to have to dodge her attacks until he can get back into SAIA.

Sunblink

Wow Destania, you're the craziest twelve-year-old I've ever seen.

gurl u cray

I was kind of hoping that this, and her attacking Abel in SAIA, was part of a larger scheme.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sunblink on January 21, 2013, 08:14:50 AM
Wow Destania, you're the craziest twelve-year-old I've ever seen.

gurl u cray

I was kind of hoping that this, and her attacking Abel in SAIA, was part of a larger scheme.

We can hope. Here's to sanity - long may it sneak around where you can't see it! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears