Deathtrap Dungeon; Freedom is Slavery! (OOC; Closed)

Started by Mechanisto, March 20, 2010, 03:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do we want to do OOC comments?

let's use OOC brackets; it's more precise!
2 (25%)
Let's pick a color to use for all OOC text; it's less cumbersome!
5 (62.5%)
I have a better idea... see my post in the OOC thread.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

VAE

Hmm, i think some mandatory Health and Safety training might be due... Pity i already have Glup and love him so much ... i could see some use coming in with Vladim (my avatar) to teach a course.... (he took one himself and also has "industry experience")
I can just about see how that would go given his rather short temper...

Vladim: So, you patrol a hall, and suddenly you hear a noise similar to something hitting the floor at the end, as the corridor takes a bend. What do you do?
Minion, one out of many: I.. uh... i rush to check what it is!
Vladim: You utter IDIOT ! Argh! *fries him with a fireball*
Other minions: -----
Vladim: Hmm...  ehm... I... *hits self* Of course I intended that - he would die anyway and at least that are some XP and gear an adventurer won't get for free! And that goes for all of you!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Drayco84

THIS should be mandatory reading for all underlings.

Although on #15, if it's a gun or a crossbow, make sure it's loaded and the safety's off for whatever it is you're holding!

VAE

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 25, 2010, 08:09:21 PM

Although on #15, if it's a gun or a crossbow, make sure it's loaded and the safety's off for whatever it is you're holding!
That was a part of the course  - the lists, analysis and suggestions - about 20 lectures all'n'all ... as Meany probably knows, Vladim had to do a project on Emperor Palpatine - highlight where he went wrong and suggest proper course of action...
No use teaching them the techniques when you don't teach them how to apply it in real world
Although, wasn't bad ... imagine that YOUR job description contained watching Star Wars for some time!

As far as ear infection ,that is how i spent my 15th birthday, and three weeks around it - horrible ear pain.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

Quote from: Drayco84 on May 25, 2010, 07:22:30 PM
I hate to sound offensive about this, but... Why? So the next wizard passing through can fight it via a heroic self-sacrifice and take a level in badass as they do so? Yeah, I'd pass...

Ditto for a Ring Wraith or whatever...
Wraith: "No man can defeat me!"
(Girl/woman removes her helmet.)
Heroine: "I AM no man!"
Wraith: "Oh, snap!" *Dies.*

Yeah, they might be awesome up until that point, but still...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember ear infections quite well... Especially since I have terrible allergies and some jerk of a kid insisted on taking off my hat every recess during the Autumn and Winter months... I've always, always had to get antibiotics for that crap, and there's nothing like agonizing, painful pressure deep inside your ear canal.
Get well soon, Meany.

Firstly: Unless them wizards have the mystical oomph on par with a dragon, the Balrog could just step on them.
Secondly: That's why there's nine Wraiths.
Thirdly: Thank you very much.  :3  [/argumentative]
Quote from: Drayco84 on May 25, 2010, 08:09:21 PM

That is win.  So much win.

*omnistabs all ear infections, rolls around in agony*

VAE

LOL at the nutcrackers, though, my first reaction was "wait, females have finger joints too!" .... seems our approach to torture is a bit different...

Hmm... i wonder whether a Glup without flinging threats around is even  conceivable  :D  His attitude is something along the lines of "Hey! that guy looked at me wrong... that MUST mean he thinks i am inferior because i am a huge crustacean! I must prove him wrong, best by beating him into a pulp!"
Saphroneth

Drayco84

You misunderstand, I mean LARGE, being-sized nutcrackers that the smaller hole just isn't quite big enough to fit around their neck...

Zyrais may have also attended the Lothar Hex School of Torture.

Chairtastic

If at any point in the rp he says "I have a brilliant plan..." I swear I'm going to run.  Quickly.  While screaming.

VAE

Quote from: Meany on May 25, 2010, 09:40:03 PM
If at any point in the rp he says "I have a brilliant plan..." I swear I'm going to run.  Quickly.  While screaming.
Meh, barbarus is too old to run quickly.
He probably runs at glup's pace
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

That's why God invented the following items:

• Red Shoes (not red shoes; Red Shoes).
  • Sugar.
  • Teleportation magic.
  • Segways.

Liatai

I'm so tempted to draw Barbarus on a Segway now. >:3

Anyway! I might not be able to post for a few days, either; my computer's hard drive is failing, and it's freezing up all over the place. (Fortunately, my computer's still under warranty, so the manufacturers are shipping a replacement hard drive to me free of charge. Whew! It's just going to take 2-3 business days.) I should be able to keep up (since I have my phone set up to receive E-mail), and I can try to bum some computer time from someone if something big happens, but... yeah. Expect a little radio silence from my end. :animesweat

Tipod

Sorry about the silence on my end, guys. I got a take-home history final to finish up before I can comfortably mess around, but I should be able to get something in before tomorrow morning.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Chairtastic

Quote from: Liatai on May 26, 2010, 06:45:54 PM
I'm so tempted to draw Barbarus on a Segway now. >:3

Anyway! I might not be able to post for a few days, either; my computer's hard drive is failing, and it's freezing up all over the place. (Fortunately, my computer's still under warranty, so the manufacturers are shipping a replacement hard drive to me free of charge. Whew! It's just going to take 2-3 business days.) I should be able to keep up (since I have my phone set up to receive E-mail), and I can try to bum some computer time from someone if something big happens, but... yeah. Expect a little radio silence from my end. :animesweat

Firstly D: about this turn of events.

Secondly: If you do draw such a scene, I think him screaming "Run for your meaningless lives, children!" would add to the funny. :3

VAE

Heh heh,,, nice! Except Mnogo should learn chuuls are crustaceans, not gastropods.... he is lucky he hasn't said it loudly  :mwaha
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

All in favor of slipping Glup a chill-pill during his next feeding? :U

Drayco84

I'll be posting later today, but first I need to go attend a funeral.

And I'm so very sick of funerals...

EDIT: Post has been made. Considering that this is my first major action within the RP, please let me know what you think.
ESPECIALLY Mechanisto...

Chairtastic

Wow.  :U  Epic speech for the win.  Nice job.

techmaster-glitch

Heh. I considered doing pretty much the same thing with Xephelon. I decided against it because I felt it would seem like too much focus on "me", and it was just a hair too out of character for Xephelon.

Tipod

It's better than what Mnogo would've done, which would be to hawk a pitch loogie in the hyena's face to get it to stop talking.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

VAE

@Drayco84 ... I began reading EN since you linked to it... Zyrais seems to be Eastwood 2.0 :D
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

VAE

Saphroneth

Drayco84

Are we waiting for anyone to reply? I know Liatai has her college and Danman has some mind-breaking finals coming 'round the corner...

WhiteFox

Dibs on Schaefer.

Mech has been preoccupied with a small programming project of his. Motivation to be applied shortly.

[EDIT] Motivation applied.

On an entirely unrelated note, I need to pick up a new baseball bat.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VAE

Any case , i will be making a post tomorrow - if not ,feel free to poke me :D
Saphroneth

Chairtastic

Mechanisto

Who-kay. I believe I have responded to all the PMs that were collecting dust in my inbox. I have also deleted all in-messages to clean up the clutter... I shall be making a significant effort to check my in-box more regularly from now on.

If anyone is still waiting on me for anything, send me a PM. I promise to check and respond.

Kafzeil

Name:  Winston Richardson
Player: Kafzeil
Race: Being / Plant Elemental Hybrid
Species:Mustela
Creature Rating:  CR 3

Description: His basic frame indicates he was a fairly normal weasel being. Standing at about 3 feet with a shortish tail, and small, round ears. And Light blue eyes.

However, that's the only normal thing about him these days. His brown fur replaced by green moss, a mess of kudzu vine in in the place of his dirty blond hair, and an assortment of varied plants and plant parts, from flowers to ferns jutting out from random parts of his body.

Winston is most often seen dressed in his trusty, if tattered and damaged lab coat, brown khakis, and a white pinstripped freshet. Winston, however, detests footwear.

Responsibilities: Head of Hydroponics/Aeroponics (If that's alright) 

Backstory: The son of a Druid and a mad scientist, Winston picked up his mother's love of nature at an early age, and his father's love of playing god science a few years after. An exceptionally bright boy, he left University with a Degree in Botany, and yet quickly found that most being Institutes and Corporations were strangely skeptical about his theories of Hydroponics. He was only able to land a job a Demon Overlord's think tank.

Overworked, Winston found himself at temping to to create deathtraps involving his beloved plants, such as cariverous Venus Adventurer Traps (He figured being slowly disgusted was far more effective, not to mention cheaper, then being devoured whole), though figured he could animate the plants himself, the team's Enchanter having been sick that week.

However, the spell backfired, horrifically. A seemingly minor mispronunciation of a Druid Lifegiving spell caused a magic based explosion, which destroyed the lab and the plants. Winston was seemingly unharmed. While thanking the gods he was still alive (and figuring he was now effectively fired, asking himself if the Overlord was good reference) he passed due, screaming in agony as his organs began to melt and change inside his gut.

Waking up at the local hospital about two weeks later, (with his Letter of Termination of Employment still taped to his chest) Winston found he had changed during his coma. Now realizing he was now effectively part plant. Is currently seeking employment, and hoping this time it's from someone who actually read his Thesis.

Attributes: While he still has most of the traits of a Being, most have been replaced or change to reflect his plantlike nature. In addition to affinity for plants, plant-based magic, Winston has an immunity to poison and mammalian diseases, though can be affected by plant based ones as well as extreme temperatures.While barely trained in Druidic magic, Winston has an encyclopedic knowledge of Botany.If it involves plants, Winston most likely knows about it.

Powers:Poison Immunity/Disease resistance: Winston is immune to all forms of poison as well as all diseases that affect Beings and Most creatures.
Regeneration: as being part plant Winston can regenerate and heal most injuries, up to an including dismemberment of limbs, though it's a slower process then with most creatures.
Photosynthesis: All Winston requires to live is water, sunlight (artificial can do) and Carbon Dioxide.Winston is more en ergtic in full sunlight.
Druidic Magic: Magic based around plants and nature. Though Winston's knowledge is limited mostly to communication(inert, passive), growth, and manipulation of plantlife, and even then it's not terribly strong.

Flaws: Fire: Extremely venerable to fire. It can burn him quickly and is difficult to recover from.
Extreme Cold/Frost: Cold enough temperatures can affect Winston and slowly damage his body, frost and ice based spells, can be divesting to him.
Plant based diseases/pests: Being part plant means that he is now affected by disease that harm plants. Pests such as insects can do varied amounts of harm to him, but for the most they're just annoying.

Skills:Drudic Magic: Nature based magic, such as plant manipulation and communication he's mostly a novice though, but he's training himself. he's ordered books too!
Botany:  If it's a plant, he knows about. he's also skilled at making new plants through various means. Most have replaced The "Sunlight" bit of Photosynthesis with "Flesh".
Hydroponics/aeroponics: He wrote his thesis on this particular subject. He's pr oven it works on a small scale.

Character bio.Yay for killer plants and science(and magic) gone horibly wrong.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

VAE

My post is up... it seems that Glup is going to antagonise yet someone else, although in his mind it is in dungeon's best interests....

Schaeffer is taken? ACK!
Saphroneth