01/03/10 [DMFA #1073] - Mother will not approve.

Started by OminousShadow, January 03, 2010, 01:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

And it seems Alexsi trusts Pyroduck again after his story.

Edit:And with how things went well with Pyroduck telling the truth, I am pretty sure we will focus back on Dan soon and he will be severely beaten
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Lego3400

What? You expecting comedic Irony?

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing that joke again... It's kinda funny...

inuhanyo

"Two houses, alike in dignity ..."

I hope their story ends better than the play the quote is from.

AmigaDragon

Hmm... "head over heals for you"... isn't that where your head should be anyway, over your heels, not under?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

one can only imagine the meeting of the kids' parents..

awwwwwkwaaaaard.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

bradypodidae

Quote from: Turnsky on January 03, 2010, 09:30:42 AM

IF their relationship ever lead to matrimony, I would think a simple JOP affair would have to suffice, for a traditional wedding would most likely have a strange resemblance to WW III. Would they ever be able to go "home" for the holidays? At least Fa'Lina would be an ally.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Grey Wolf

If the blue feather Pyroduck has is indeed Destania's, it may mean they've met before. Also, Destania seems to respect Fa'lina, so killing her son would be a no-no.
That said, Destania will still most likely have conniptions about the dating thing.
God help Pyro if he ever get's Alexi pregnant, married or no. Fa'lina may be okay with having a dragonic grand-kid, but Destania?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

I wonder if Mab see Jyrras as the one who might break the cycle?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chakat Blackspots

I wonder how Alexi's mom would take having a Dragon Cubi as a son in law?  Also, I'm glad that Alexi likes him again.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 03, 2010, 10:03:25 AM
I wonder if Mab see Jyrras as the one who might break the cycle?

I hadn't considered that. For a being, he's very powerful, just not in the traditional sense.
But is his skill in building weaponry going to help all that much? To continue with today's Romeo and Juliet theme, "What, [sword] drawn, and talk of peace!"
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Grey Wolf on January 03, 2010, 11:28:46 AM
I hadn't considered that. For a being, he's very powerful, just not in the traditional sense.
But is his skill in building weaponry going to help all that much? To continue with today's Romeo and Juliet theme, "What, [sword] drawn, and talk of peace!"

Relevant strips are: 1027, 1029, 1035

Lucheek

Quote from: inuhanyo on January 03, 2010, 02:20:57 AM
"Two houses, alike in dignity ..."

I hope their story ends better than the play the quote is from.

That's what I was thinking. @_@

Naldru

Instead of depressing ourselves with Shakespeare (where somebody once described a comedy as being where some of the major characters are alive at the end), let's think Gilbert and Sullivan, where the plays generally have happy endings involving a plot twist.

Or if dealing with Shakespeare, let's look at As You Like It and A Midsummer's Night's Dream
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Lets not forget Deathbringer !!

And Jyrras also has a sentient robot, whom we have seen nothing from since it's conception.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jasonrevall

I retract my previous statements. I guess the first date is a good time to tell the truth. Also I like Alexi's expression in the last panel.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Turnsky on January 03, 2010, 09:30:42 AM
(snip blank space)

Not that much of a problem, really.  Pyroduck's real father doesn't acknowledge paternity, so he won't be there.  Nothing is known of the mother.  Either pride or loyalty to her spouse probably will keep her away.  If love for her son take precedence, then she will be grateful to Fa'Lina.  Odds are Fa'Lina will be Pyroduck's parent.  Still will be interesting, though, when Destania finds out Fa'Lina raised a dragon and is in favor of Pyroduck dating Alexsi.

With regards,
Ted

Garsemor

Here we all are speculating about how Destania will take it but no one is remembering a certain gigant dream Cubi called Cyra. From what we know she's Destanias mother, so how would she take having a dragon grand son in law, being a tri-wing leader of a rather infamous clan whit an apparently warm attitude, how would she take it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on January 03, 2010, 05:59:48 PM
Here we all are speculating about how Destania will take it but no one is remembering a certain gigant dream Cubi called Cyra. From what we know she's Destanias mother, so how would she take having a dragon grand son in law, being a tri-wing leader of a rather infamous clan whit an apparently warm attitude, how would she take it?
Alexsi isn't related to Cyra.  The relationship between Cyra and Pyroduck would be kind of like that between me and some of the people I go to visit at Christmas.  Step-grandson-in-law or something bizarre like that.

Amber Williams

Pyroduck's biological mother is pretty dang dead. So I doubt there will be much an issue coming from her.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on January 03, 2010, 11:24:35 AM
I wonder how Alexi's mom would take having a Dragon Cubi as a son in law?  Also, I'm glad that Alexi likes him again.

Isn't she dead?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Techcubi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 03, 2010, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on January 03, 2010, 11:24:35 AM

Isn't she dead?

He means Destania.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Techcubi on January 03, 2010, 08:21:22 PM
He means Destania.

She's step-mom, not real mom. Not that that changes how she feels about Alexsi, mind, but even so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

I don't think the comic has ever mentioned the status of Alexi's mother.
Just that she had a different mother than Dan.

Amber, would you shed some light on this ?

Please ?

With muffins on top ?

:grin

Amber Williams

Anker Steadfast

Aw .. no name or species or anything ?
Poor Alexis, daughter of ghost with no features. :(

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Anker Steadfast

ooooo, good one ... Dan would be *so* envious! :D
I have to learn how to read the cast page better.   :banghead

OH !

And muffin for Amber for the quick reply!
Good webartist. :D

Naldru

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on January 03, 2010, 09:53:37 PM
Alexsi's Mom was an Amazon, I believe.
Look at Alexsi's cast page under quirks and fun facts.  I have placed the relevant quote below.

"Alexsi's real mother was named Quintinga and was an amazon."
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Anker Steadfast

Yeah .. I just noticed a moment ago ....

So emberassing.

inuhanyo

Amazon - female warrior

Of the handful we've seen, one is a Being (Skirmish), one a Dragon, one a Mythos, and one an Undead.

For all we can tell, Alexsi's mom was an Amazon Succubus, and the 'cubi traits didn't take.

Which WAG I've posted before, if only because it would explain why Alexsi and Dan have a stronger family resemblance that you'd expect between half-siblings.  Shrug.