[Comic] 29/09/08 (Project Future Pg. 32 remixed)

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Constructive criticism, nothing more.

Heck, I like the story, and I enjoy seeing what you've done with it, this time around...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 16, 2008, 05:18:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Constructive criticism, nothing more.

Heck, I like the story, and I enjoy seeing what you've done with it, this time around...

I did not get you wrong. In fact I am grateful for you pointing out that thing about the neck. I probably wouldn't have noticed it myself; now I'll be able to improve my skills. :)

Tapewolf

It would not be too hard to correct the neck actually, though I can't help but think of the scene from the BBC's Box of Delights where the waterfall boy has his head bashed down into his body.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2008, 05:42:29 PM
It would not be too hard to correct the neck actually, though I can't help but think of the scene from the BBC's Box of Delights where the waterfall boy has his head bashed down into his body.

Heh. And that reminded me of this (and the next one)! :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 16, 2008, 05:47:44 PM
Heh. And that reminded me of this (and the next one)! :3
Yes, that sort of thing, only live-action.

**EDIT**

Is that better?

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/pf14_8b.png

Ryan_Galen

Nice to put another scene to picture outside my mind.

I find the thought bubble with the bird cute.
Even cuter is Yak's eyes in the bottom left panel. His eyes staring directly at the Josh's thought bubble. To those who know where this story is going, it is obvious, but to new readers it will be the type of thing that makes them look back and go "...oh."

Oh, and the neck looks better Tape. Shoulder probally need to be angled up a degree or two too, but honestly that is all just nit picking.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 16, 2008, 10:50:42 PM
Oh, and the neck looks better Tape. Shoulder probally need to be angled up a degree or two too, but honestly that is all just nit picking.
I don't trust myself to redraw the entire shoulder.  I have just re-spun the comic with the necks fixed, though.  Oh, and I'm glad someone noticed what Kris was doing in that panel  >:3

On another note, someone on the Alternation forums sent me this:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/alincoln_86/weegee/weegee40.jpg
...I'd put it in the outtakes, but I'm not sure it would be legally advisable  >:3

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

By the way, I wonder if anyone still remembers how Kris promised Joshua a new, better, stronger and much more long lasting body? Well, here's a sorta kinda sneak-peak of it. >:3 You will even find it to fit Josh, a mortally wounded soldier, in a way - considering you know what is the Dreadnought.

Zedd

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 19, 2008, 07:06:44 PM
By the way, I wonder if anyone still remembers how Kris promised Joshua a new, better, stronger and much more long lasting body? Well, here's a sorta kinda sneak-peak of it. >:3 You will even find it to fit Josh, a mortally wounded soldier, in a way - considering you know what is the Dreadnought.
Needs more guns...

Magic

Reflecting on the more recent DMFA, re: bunny with re-attachable limbs, I wonder how modular Joshua is--
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zedd on May 19, 2008, 10:34:25 PM
Needs more guns...
Indeed...

Quote from: Ink on May 20, 2008, 03:20:41 AM
Reflecting on the more recent DMFA, re: bunny with re-attachable limbs, I wonder how modular Joshua is--

I believe modular enough to have his lower body detached to fit him in the armoured sarcophagus of the Dreadnought. But I doubt that he could re-assemble himself like Cuddles did. >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ink on May 20, 2008, 03:20:41 AM

It's not something I've really explored.  With the second generation body, I've been toying with the idea of linking the brain to the body via inductive coupling.  In fact, I nearly decapitated Keaton in the parent story, but I decided it would be too much like Against A Dark Background.  Or Hannah, come to that.

But yes, the limbs are hot-swappable with the right equipment.  Unlike Feril, they probably wouldn't work when detached.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 20, 2008, 12:37:47 PM
awe, I was hoping for a new page.
I'm not sure you'll like the next one anyway - it's mostly dialogue.  Page 16 should be fun though.

**EDIT**
This is probably going to be a bit late.

**EDIT EDIT**
This is almost certainly going to be late because Windows bluescreened and ate hours worth of colouring.

Tapewolf

GabrielsThoughts

Yay! update.

other than the bizarre fact that the doctor learned human/cyborg/bionic engineering of machine anatomy from  robots I find the page rather interesting.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. You're getting a lot of use out of that last panel again. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 23, 2008, 05:33:11 PM
Heh. You're getting a lot of use out of that last panel again. ;-]

It was actually a last-minute change.  The original script read:

6. Joshua looking slightly unhinged         JO: [I don't believe I'm hearing this]

In the original artwork, Ren added a jet-powered version of the scarf-hawk, which I will upload shortly

**EDIT**

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/scarfhawk.png

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zedd on May 24, 2008, 12:01:26 AM
Oh nice scarf hawk

This is no scarf hawk, my friend, no scarf hawk! >:] It's a mecha scarf hawk!!

Tapewolf

Dannysaysnoo

Ren Gaulen

GabrielsThoughts

Tapewolf

For some bizarre reason, he first thing I thought when I saw the original lineart was "One ring to glue them all".  I'm still not sure why.

Dannysaysnoo

One ring to be removed in order to employ them.

Sunblink

One ring to sa;diasdsakysadsadasdsagdsgjty

I admit. The panel with Farlane made me laugh. A jet going "Holy mother of fuck!" tickled my funnybone. XD

Also, oh look, a cliffhanger.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 30, 2008, 05:05:54 PMOne ring to sa;diasdsakysadsadasdsagdsgjty
Good.  I was afraid I'd have to resort to violence to stem the tide  >:3

QuoteAlso, oh look, a cliffhanger.
Here's a quick spoiler.  In the next strip, it won't end with a cliffhanger!