[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

I'm in ur thread... pourin' heapz of praise on ur work.  *praises all over the place*

Though I have to admit I'm not sure whether I like Katoh or Faust more.  Katoh has what looks to be a very interesting ability/power but Faust certainly has his place with his.  That and I have to say I like Fausts outfit too.  Particularly the gloves/gauntlets.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Mowser on November 25, 2008, 08:08:42 AM
I'm in ur thread... pourin' heapz of praise on ur work.  *praises all over the place*

Though I have to admit I'm not sure whether I like Katoh or Faust more.  Katoh has what looks to be a very interesting ability/power but Faust certainly has his place with his.  That and I have to say I like Fausts outfit too.  Particularly the gloves/gauntlets.
Thanks. Katoh's power is to summon a Shivar - a Frost Elemental that can fight in his stead. Shivars aren't particularly tough, but they have some nasty ranged attacks and can freeze their foes to the bone. Katoh is also quite good with Frost magic on his own. As for Faust's gloves, they can generate a sort of a force field that can block incoming attacks or create blasts of telekinetic force that can push objects from some distance. He can also use a so-called Pressure Cannon (will anyone get the reference?) by bringing his hands together and building up a powerful charge of telekinetic force between them. He can then launch it as a sort of a hyper-sonic blast that smashes and blows apart everything in front of him. This weapon has a somewhat limited range (about 20 metres), but at close range it is truly devastating. ..Actually, Faust got some other weapons and powers which would make giving him these gloves too a bit of an overkill.. :paranoid

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 25, 2008, 11:50:10 AM
As for Faust's gloves, they can generate a sort of a force field that can block incoming attacks or create blasts of telekinetic force that can push objects from some distance. He can also use a so-called Pressure Cannon (will anyone get the reference?) by bringing his hands together and building up a powerful charge of telekinetic force between them. He can then launch it as a sort of a hyper-sonic blast that smashes and blows apart everything in front of him
That's some serious weaponry.  What's the power source?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 25, 2008, 11:54:18 AM
That's some serious weaponry.  What's the power source?

Where it's telekinetic, wouldn't it be based off of mental energy?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on November 25, 2008, 11:58:39 AM
That was my initial guess, actually - if so, he's only going to be able to do it once a day or something without the strain killing him.  Which if true, would be a nice way of balancing it because to be frank, it's a horribly powerful-sounding weapon.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 25, 2008, 12:00:43 PM
Quote from: Mowser on November 25, 2008, 11:58:39 AM
That was my initial guess, actually - if so, he's only going to be able to do it once a day or something without the strain killing him.  Which if true, would be a nice way of balancing it because to be frank, it's a horribly powerful-sounding weapon.
Actually, these gloves are made by the Quath-Zheal masters who create artificial silicon life, living crystals which only purpose is to create and direct psychokinetic energy. They in turn are controlled by the mind of their user. And they are tuned in such a way that only a person they were created for would be able to use them (powerful psychers can override it, though). They are powered through a series of nano-batteries which are in turn recharged either from some generators of magical energy or by the power of their user. There is a way to channel your power directly to the crystals, but it can damage the whole system. So normally they would work as long as they have power in their batteries, and you'll have to take time to recharge them when they run out. At their full charge Faust would be able to shoot the Pressure Cannon three times before the energy runs out.

Mao

Pardon the nerd speak but:  That sounds a bit op'ed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on November 25, 2008, 12:18:23 PM
Pardon the nerd speak but:  That sounds a bit op'ed.
Overplayed?  Overpowered?

Mao

Ren Gaulen

Well, his gloves are supposed to be a very powerful weapon. The thing is, there are some individuals who can just shrug off such an attack as if it was nothing. And there are weapons that would make these gloves look rather unimpressive, too..

Ren Gaulen

Well, I'll post some coloured stuff for a change. :3

Well, it was bound to happen after Keaton wrote that short story.. >:3

Simon P. Fyyar may look young, but he is much older than he looks. Currently a governor of a minor planet in the Outer Sphere of the Federation, he keeps prolonging his life through some unknown means. Shunning human company, he preferred to surround himself with robotic servants. He is always followed by his robotic panther Zova, who acts as his bodyguard and seems to be his only friend.
This character was created by Zedd, by the way.

techmaster-glitch

:dribble *drools as Ren's Awesomeness overloads senses*
   Day-um, that is SEXY. Very nice work here. I can't think of anything to say that would do this justice, but I'm sure Keaton will ;) Two little nitpicks though; Shouldn't the leash be pink, and shouldn't Ziggy be grovelling on his knees? >:3

As for the other one, that is a serious-looking guy with a serious-looking panther :.

Tapewolf

Oo, I like the panther.  More emphasis on realism than with Jakob's panthers.  Then again, his were designed to patrol airbases.  I'm kind of curious if the creature is considered male, female or gender neutral, and also how smart they are.

Keaton turned out well, by the way.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 25, 2008, 09:16:23 PM
   Day-um, that is SEXY. Very nice work here. I can't think of anything to say that would do this justice, but I'm sure Keaton will ;) Two little nitpicks though; Shouldn't the leash be pink, and shouldn't Ziggy be grovelling on his knees? >:3
Thanks. :] I guess this is not an illustration to that story, after all. It probably took place later in the main story, when Zig and Keaton were not trying to kill each other so much. :B

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 26, 2008, 04:28:26 AM
Oo, I like the panther.  More emphasis on realism than with Jakob's panthers.  Then again, his were designed to patrol airbases.  I'm kind of curious if the creature is considered male, female or gender neutral, and also how smart they are.

Keaton turned out well, by the way.
Thanks. :] To tell the truth, I haven't asked Zedd about the details on the panther. I'll need to do it (since I'm curious myself now :3).

Mao

You know.. on good terms or not, I still don't think that Ziggy there would be standing or have his hands on his leash.  That's just asking to be punished for bad behavior.. or maybe that's the point.  :.

Ah well, at least he's found a good master.  She'll keep him in line one way or another.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 26, 2008, 08:21:47 AM
You know.. on good terms or not, I still don't think that Ziggy there would be standing or have his hands on his leash.  That's just asking to be punished for bad behavior.. or maybe that's the point.  :.
It may be... >:3

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 26, 2008, 08:21:47 AM
Ah well, at least he's found a good master.  She'll keep him in line one way or another.
One can only hope she does.. :shifty

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 26, 2008, 10:22:42 AM
One can only hope she does.. :shifty

I think that all depends upon which line she keeps him on....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lysander

Th pic with Keaton is full of awesome. I like the one with Simon as well though I can't describe why...    :januscat
TytajLucheek

Ren Gaulen

I have learned more details on Fyyar's panther. It is a sentient machine (as sentient as a human being) and it is capable of speech. Also, it is considered male.

Now for a new sketch.

Bio-Booster Armour Guyver. I've been watching the anime of the same name recently and just had to try drawing a random Guyver unit. Those who don't know what is a Guyver can learn about it here.

Nikki

Jeebus mary mother of waffles that is freaking SWEET!! I'd kill to be able to draw SOME sort of armor. The farthest i've ever gotten was an army helmet  :cry

Cookies for joo. *Leaves a plate then FLEES*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Xze-Xze on November 27, 2008, 05:34:54 AM
Jeebus mary mother of waffles that is freaking SWEET!! I'd kill to be able to draw SOME sort of armor. The farthest i've ever gotten was an army helmet  :cry

No! Stop! You can do it too! :C

Thanks for the cookies, though. :3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2008, 05:41:01 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 27, 2008, 05:19:49 AM
as sentient as a human being
That's not saying much.
You should have more faith in the human beings. :P

Nikki

i run from the cookies for a reason.  :mwaha

Anywhoo...moar art. *Slinks to bomb shelter*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 27, 2008, 05:46:30 AM
That's not saying much.

I do. I have faith that they're all murderous, sick, perverted, and stupid.

It's a core tenet.

Mao

I have learned more details on Fyyar's panther. It is a sentient machine (as sentient as a human being) and it is capable of speech. Also, it is considered male.

Now for a new sketch.

Bio-Booster Armour Guyver. I've been watching the anime of the same name recently and just had to try drawing a random Guyver unit. Those who don't know what is a Guyver can learn about it here.

Ooooh, I haven't heard/seen anything about Guyver in a very long time.  You're giving me flashbacks here Ren.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2008, 06:57:02 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 27, 2008, 05:46:30 AM
That's not saying much.

I do. I have faith that they're all murderous, sick, perverted, and stupid.

It's a core tenet.

My ears are burning.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 27, 2008, 06:59:32 AM
Ooooh, I haven't heard/seen anything about Guyver in a very long time.  You're giving me flashbacks here Ren.
Me neither. That's why I wanted to rectify it. :]

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 27, 2008, 06:59:32 AM
My ears are burning.
These ears of yours are burning red! Their loud cry tells you to put them out!

WhiteFox

Quote from: Xze-Xze on November 27, 2008, 05:34:54 AM

*Polite cough* Um, there is a section in the art forum rules about generic pat-on-the-back comments...

And if you posted an attempt to draw an armored character, I'm sure we could give you advice on it.

It's a pretty good rendition of the character, actually. A friend of mine lent me some DVDs in the series a few years ago (And... I still have them and haven't watched more then an episode or two yet. I should get on that. Eventually)

The pose is a bit stiff, especially the legs and the arm on the left. His feet don't really look like they're supporting his weight, and his right ankle should be off the ground. His arm might look better if it were turned, or the elbow were bent somehow.

The look of the armor itself is spot on, however. It makes him look somewhere between a cyborg and a robot. The lines and shapes are organic, but clean and ordered. The head is really alien, too.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Fox NaBan on November 27, 2008, 12:42:36 PM
*Polite cough* Um, there is a section in the art forum rules about generic pat-on-the-back comments...

There's also one about acting like a mod. Need I link it?

Ren Gaulen

Keaton is the Highway Star!
Lyrics are from "Highway Star" by Deep Purple.

WhiteFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 27, 2008, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: Fox NaBan on November 27, 2008, 12:42:36 PM

There's also one about acting like a mod. Need I link it?

Sorry... won't happen again. At least, I'll try not to let it happen again. I didn't mean to make it a rebuke or anything like that.

Keats looks cool. Very dynamic. Hogs don't usually have a lot of clearance between the rear wheel and the mudflap, though, since they're for highway or inner city driving and don't have a lot of suspension. Kind of a moot point when you consider the bike is cool regardless.

Deep Purple? Great, now I've got that riff from Smoke on the Water looping through my head.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...