[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Well, what do you know? I have a finished picture to post here! :D

Zig has finally encountered a guy who can resist his charms! And kudos to those who get the reference in  the background (I man the chibies). :3 This is no yaoi, my boy, NO YAOI! >:D

Tapewolf

Yes, that's a fairly convincing argument.
But, um... why is he wearing the hyena guy's clothes?  Actually, forget it.  I don't wanna know...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 07:43:06 PM
Yes, that's a fairly convincing argument.
It's fairly convincing, but Zig isn't likely to give up that easily.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 07:43:06 PM
But, um... why is he wearing the hyena guy's clothes?  Actually, forget it.  I don't wanna know...
Actually, it is Zig's own clothes on him. They are just coloured slightly differently. You can notice that he is wearing that belt from his manskirt (and the manskirt itself, naturally), too.
..Then again, I'm not entirely sure myself.. :paranoid

Zedd

Well Gast didn't have much clothes of his own but his orignal ones was ragged

Lysander

TytajLucheek

VSMIT

Nice pic, love the steamroller in the back.  On Zig.  That just completes it.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 17, 2008, 07:38:37 PM
Zig has finally encountered a guy who can resist his charms! And kudos to those who get the reference in  the background (I man the chibies). :3
Muda da.    MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!  ZA WARUDO!  Toki to tomare.  Soshite, toki ga ugoki desu.

Or rather, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

King Of Hearts

His lips say no... bit his gun... his gun says... KEEP THE $&%*& AWAY FROM ME!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: VSMIT on November 17, 2008, 09:00:07 PM
Muda da.    MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!  ZA WARUDO!  Toki to tomare.  Soshite, toki ga ugoki desu.

Or rather, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
STAR PLATINUM!!
ORA ORA ORA
ORA ORA ORA
ORA ORA ORA
ORA ORA ORA
ORA ORA ORA
ORA ORAA!!!

Quote from: King Of Hearts on November 17, 2008, 09:03:04 PM
His lips say no... bit his gun... his gun says... KEEP THE $&%*& AWAY FROM ME!
Zig: "Mm, Ren, such a big gun you've got there.. >:3"
Ren:
*pistolwhips Zig*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zig: Oh, you big man. You can pistol whip me anytime you like.

;-]

Ren Gaulen

Well, I don't have new coloured pictures, but at least I've hot a bunch of new sketches! :>

Faust. His outfit may change in the future, but I think I like this one.

Arilana.  The fluff on her coat is supposed to be made of something like feathers, by the way.

Katoh.  Hierophant's Green! Emerald splash! ..Kakyoin is spinning in his grave right now.. :shifty

Jayce.  Ren's squire! He exists!

Julee. ..When she found out we were taking photos of her in that outfit, she ajusted our heads with that spanner..

Edward Elric Jay. The Fullmetal Technomancer.

Ysanne. Her coat is made from the pelts of her enemies.

Cogidubnus

Interesting!

I like Faust's outfit the most, I must say. But, of course, outfits is what the Ren excels at. Very nice stuff, sir.

techmaster-glitch

I like these quite a bit, but it's time I say...

DANGIT, REN! STOP POSTING SKETCHES THAT WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE AWESOME COLORED! YOU ARE DENYING US TEH AWESOME, YOU CRUEL, CRUEL MAN! :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Srsly, stop sketching and start coloring all the stuff you've posted, starting with teh chibis! We must have awesome finished Ren pics!

James StarRunner

Ack! Why must you be so full of awesome and post hundreds of these pics seemingly overnight! :o

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 22, 2008, 09:24:45 PM
Srsly, stop sketching and start coloring all the stuff you've posted, starting with teh chibis! We must have awesome finished Ren pics!
This may be my fault to some extent - the comic has to be finished ahead of schedule this week, otherwise we'll either have a crappy update or none at all until Monday/Tuesday.

It's a nice selection of sketches, though.

Ren Gaulen

Thanks, everyone! :3

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 22, 2008, 08:59:08 PM
Interesting!

I like Faust's outfit the most, I must say. But, of course, outfits is what the Ren excels at. Very nice stuff, sir.
I actually made a serious mistake in his outfit's design. It was supposed to look somewhat militaristic, but it does not.

I am never satisfied with my colouring skills. :< I like them better as pencil sketches! 'A'

Quote from: James StarRunner on November 22, 2008, 09:47:36 PM
Ack! Why must you be so full of awesome and post hundreds of these pics seemingly overnight! :o
I would have posted more, but it's NSFW (or not cool). :/

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2008, 05:07:17 AM
This may be my fault to some extent - the comic has to be finished ahead of schedule this week, otherwise we'll either have a crappy update or none at all until Monday/Tuesday.
It's not your fault. :.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 23, 2008, 10:40:05 AM
I would have posted more, but it's NSFW (or not cool). :/
Listen to the man, James.  Be very careful what you wish for...

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2008, 10:46:02 AM

I'd be okay with seeing it. :3

ohohoho~

But seriously, Ren, your art is as fabulous as always and it makes me happy inside. c: I WANT TO KIDNAP YOU FROM RUSSIA AND MAKE YOU DESIGN SHIT FOR ME FOR ALL TIME >:O </creepy>

Or not. But still, it's pretty awesome stuff you're making.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 23, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2008, 10:46:02 AM
I'd be okay with seeing it. :3

ohohoho~
You know, I could just send it to you personally.. >:3

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 23, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
But seriously, Ren, your art is as fabulous as always and it makes me happy inside. c: I WANT TO KIDNAP YOU FROM RUSSIA AND MAKE YOU DESIGN SHIT FOR ME FOR ALL TIME >:O </creepy>
Hey, I wouldn't mind. :B

Mao

Kidnapping and sketching and perversion, oh my!

...Continue all of the above.  I'll just watch and enjoy the show.  >:3

WhiteFox

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 23, 2008, 10:40:05 AM
I am never satisfied with my colouring skills. :< I like them better as pencil sketches! 'A'

Honestly, I'll have to agree with Ren on this one. The pencils always seem to have a certain quality to them, they're more energetic, fast, and loose.

I've been trying to get better at inks, and I've found that varying line weight counts for a lot. Heavy lines implying shadows, thin lines implying whispy strands of hair. Loosening up my wrist for better looking curves, that sort of thing. That's why I use steel dip pens, instead of markers (i.e., Micron pens), 'cause I can control the weight with pressure more precisely (And I don't feel like paying 5 bucks for what amounts to a brand name Sharpie). Some people like to mash the marker for thicker lines (take a look at Wapsi Square), but I find that less precise then I'd like and it destroys a 5$ marker in short order.

Cell shading and coloring might be making things worse, since it's easy for things to end up looking like flat plastic unless you really pay attention to texture and lighting.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

llearch n'n'daCorna

If the tip of the marker is curved, you can adjust your line width by adjusting what angle you hold the pen to the paper.

That may or may not be usable, of course, and people will do what they want anyway, but that's how I'd use it...

WhiteFox

I've seen chisel tipped markers that were 2 mm wide and about .3 mm thick, you could probably get some real variation with those too. Always meant to try one, but by then I was off Microns.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Turnsky

one can get the tapered look with some skill in the use of pigment ink pens, (Microns, Zig Millennium, etc)
alternatively one can also invest in a graphics tablet, and digitially recreate the effect in whatever image editor you prefer to use.

line variance is key, yes, but remember kiddies, it's not the tool that makes you a better artist, it's the practice and skill that goes in its use.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

King Of Hearts

pelt of her enemies... pelt of her enemies...

RUN! Before PETA chases you down with a bucket of paint!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: King Of Hearts on November 24, 2008, 09:49:40 AM
pelt of her enemies... pelt of her enemies...

RUN! Before PETA chases you down with a bucket of paint!
She shall cut them down without any mercy, pity or hesitation. And nothing of value shall be lost (except for her coat).

Alternatively: Run to the hills! Run for your coats!

ShadesFox

Great, now you have me humming Iron Maiden

*hums to himself a lot*
Women and children the cowards attaaaaaaack!

And lovely set of sketches ^_^
The All Purpose Fox

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: ShadesFox on November 24, 2008, 10:53:21 AM
Great, now you have me humming Iron Maiden

*hums to himself a lot*
Women and children the cowards attaaaaaaack!

And lovely set of sketches ^_^
Thanks. And..
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!

WhiteFox

And now Shades has me humming System of a Down:
Attack! all the homes and villages,
Attack! all the schools and hospitals,
We shall attack!

Thank you so very much.

And, If I forgot to mention in my Fully-Ramblomatic post, I do like the sketches. Jay's probably my least favorite, but only because I think his outfit could use a little sprucing up. Despite the fact that her ruff looks like fur rather then feathers, Arilana's probably my favorite. Your cloth looks really good in the pencil stage too.

Pardon for not keeping up on the thread, but are you using these characters for anything? An RP? Comic? Story?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Fox NaBan on November 24, 2008, 10:11:28 PM
Pardon for not keeping up on the thread, but are you using these characters for anything? An RP? Comic? Story?
Thanks. Most of these characters are from my stories or RPs I participated in. ..Actually, all of them are now, including Jay. c: